TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

My friend and I have just came back from Ohio in which we spent two days inside Cedar Point in which we got to ride Gatekeeper twice, my friend finally rode MaXir with me, spent two hours in line to ride MF before the lousy thing broke down, and went to Soak City to ride some tubin' rides and having a beer at a wet bar. Both of those days was CROWD-ED, thus I saw long lines on some older coasters ( such as Iron Dragon and Corkscrew that surprised me.

More proof for why we strongly recommend Fast Lane for anyone visiting a park from out of town. If you has Fast Lane, not only would you not have missed Millennium Force, but you probably could have ridden it 3-4 times in the two hours before it broke down.

I'll simply never understand why people don't take more advantage of these systems.

Since I do know Cedar Point had a ride called Shoot-the-Rapids prior to the new one, and then they built the new one, maybe this new dark ride will be like the Pirate Ride shown in the video? Actually that would be really cool if they did that.

I'll simply never understand why people don't take more advantage of these systems.

I got Fast Lane last season during the early summer when the park wasn't too crowded yet and had the chance to ride Millennium Force 12 times before someone in the normal line rode it once. People really should buy this when visiting any Cedar Fair park (besides your home park), especially at Cedar Point!

Edited by Intimidator305

^ The merge point is different this year for MF! You now merge at the base of the ramp leading to the station, with the "regular line"! So you might only get 6 to 1 now

Maverick's FL line enters the queue building right by the Antique cars and uses the left side of the stairs and the regular line uses the right, and you merge at the top of course.

I plan on getting FL+ at Kings Island next year since I have never been!

My friend and I have just came back from Ohio in which we spent two days inside Cedar Point in which we got to ride Gatekeeper twice, my friend finally rode MaXir with me, spent two hours in line to ride MF before the lousy thing broke down, and went to Soak City to ride some tubin' rides and having a beer at a wet bar. Both of those days was CROWD-ED, thus I saw long lines on some older coasters ( such as Iron Dragon and Corkscrew that surprised me.

More proof for why we strongly recommend Fast Lane for anyone visiting a park from out of town. If you has Fast Lane, not only would you not have missed Millennium Force, but you probably could have ridden it 3-4 times in the two hours before it broke down.

Absolutely. I'm flying from California to visit CP on 9/8 (I know I know, WCB..arg!), which I've been told is one of the deadest days of the year, but like you say, I'm only going to be there one day, and the park is open short hours that day, so I figure even if there's 15 minute waits I'm still gonna buy the FLP to play it safe and turn it into 0 minute waits, cause it will be quite a while before I get a chance to come back

(I also took it to another level by buying a platinum pass to get an extra hr in the morning and booking an early enough flight that I can drive straight from the airport and sneak in some night rides the night before!)

Exactly. Erik and I bought Fast Lane Plus for the first day of our visit there in early June and got in all the coasters and re-rides we wanted easily, then took a more leisurely pace the second day without Fast Lane.

A very bad animation of what happen to StR last week.

[youtu_be]http://youtu.be/Kc6RyMRQx1g[/youtu_be]

This video is freaking AMAZING for all the wrong reasons! Their channel is filled with these bizarre videos of random news stories. I'm assuming they must have some Chinese 3D studio whipping up these awful videos for pennies. Good thing, though, because they are for our entertainment!

If it wasn't for these videos being so insanely wrong on so many levels, they would be some of the best coaster videos ever produced!

The Pirate Ride and Earthquake: 2 Cedar Point classics that should never have been removed.

The Pirate Ride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpsR3Dkrr9M

Agreed, but the reason they were removed is the same reason they probably won't build another dark ride. Guest abuse. A day didn't go by where litter wasn't thrown at the scenery and gum/spit wasn't stuck to whatever could be hit with it. We were told this by the guy at the CP museum while reminiscing, and it was later confirmed by a friend of mine who used to work at CP. Apparently people used to be very respectful but suddenly at some point in the early 90's kids started getting shitty. Especially mistreated was the upside-down house, an awesome walk through funhouse.

Who here is old like me and remembers all three, the Pirate Ride, San Francisco Earthquake and the Upside Down House?