TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Yes, maybe Intamin did them for free but with Cedar Fairs' soured relationship with the company at the time being I'm not so sure.

And of course, you work for Intamin or Cedar Fair Corporate so you know first hand that their relationship with Intamin "soured."

Yes, maybe Intamin did them for free but with Cedar Fairs' soured relationship with the company at the time being I'm not so sure.

And of course, you work for Intamin or Cedar Fair Corporate so you know first hand that their relationship with Intamin "soured."

People on this site have seriously got their panties in a bunch lately. It's an opinion and this is a forum for discussion. Do you take everything people say on this site as "gospel"? I am no employee of Intamin or Cedar Fair, but it sure seems like there are some hard feelings going around. I also said "at the time being". No where did I say that they will never do business again with each other because: 1. you are right none of us know, and 2. Intamin makes some of the best coasters around. They are probably my favorite manufacturer.

Edit: For future reference I'll begin my statements with "In my opinion" in such scenarios.

^^My apologies. Didn't mean to be a jerk but it irks me when people think that a park operator will stop buying from a manufacturer because they have a few issues. Park operators will buy from whatever vendor that has the product they are looking and at the right price.

Is it just me or is millennium force running really fast in that video? Those hills look like they definitely have more than floater, the train even clears the largest hill faster than any b&m.. And I don't remember it whipping around that final overbank like that.

^ It isn't just you, it does really seem pretty fast compared to other videos, specially in the overbanked turns. Can't wait to make my first trip to Cedar Point in August!

People on this site have seriously got their panties in a bunch lately. It's an opinion and this is a forum for discussion. Do you take everything people say on this site as "gospel"? I am no employee of Intamin or Cedar Fair, but it sure seems like there are some hard feelings going around. I also said "at the time being". No where did I say that they will never do business again with each other because: 1. you are right none of us know, and 2. Intamin makes some of the best coasters around. They are probably my favorite manufacturer.

Edit: For future reference I'll begin my statements with "In my opinion" in such scenarios.

There was nothing wrong with what DJeXeL said to you. You claimed your statement was your opinion, but you posted it like it was a fact. You got a reaction from someone because of it. DJeXeL didn't flame you or insult you in his response. The only person on this site that appears to have "their panties in a bunch" right now is you. Please do not continue to make posts like this. This is a forum for discussion, but we will not tolerate people talking down to other members or being obnoxious.

I wonder after such a large investment for the park this year what CP could be planning for next year? I'm sure nothing really big......

I think in the best scenario (but unlikely until 2015 imo) we'll see a fun for everyone dark ride. Matt Ouimet hinted at wanting something along those lines to be put in at a few Cedar Fair parks (in an interview with the Season Pass Podcast folks). I don't expect CP to have something big for next year at all which is fine with me, but I imagine the front entrance will look spectacular once all the foliage has a chance to really grow in. I love to be surprised though!

^I agree that Cedar Point could use a dark ride. Sally Corp has been buiding some cool stuff lately, and I'd love to the park get something along the lines of the Justice League ride in Australia.

A little bit off topic, I was watching a few gatekeeper videos and I noticed (because there was a woman with long hair sitting in front of the person who filmed one of them) that the camelback hill was clearly providing some airtime and so was the entry to the MCBR as well as that last little hill before the brakes. I remember a lot of people saying that when they rode it close to the opening date none of these places provided airtime. Now I'm just not sure whether it was running particularly fast the day when some recent videos were taken or if is really has been getting slightly faster as the time passes. One thing's fore sure, overall it does look faster now than it did when it opened. Just hope it stays this way!

Hey everyone! I made a fun video of Cedar Point. It has some pretty cool shots and editing. Check it out. Youtube link is below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaZB7WJIC54

Really enjoyed the video!

I've never seen someone use slow motion really in any videos and it really helped capture the emotions of the riders, especially on TTD. Loved it really, hoping you make many more!

I have made a second video. This video has much more energy, with quicker transitions and of course a few surprises. All footage used is new except for one shot that I took from my GateKeeper video. ENJOY!

Link Below:

I do feel bad because of my lack of Blue Streak though. There is always HalloWeekends or next year to make up for it!

Ride On!

My friend and I have just came back from Ohio in which we spent two days inside Cedar Point in which we got to ride Gatekeeper twice, my friend finally rode MaXir with me, spent two hours in line to ride MF before the lousy thing broke down, and went to Soak City to ride some tubin' rides and having a beer at a wet bar. Both of those days was CROWD-ED, thus I saw long lines on some older coasters ( such as Iron Dragon and Corkscrew that surprised me. We didn't mind that Skyhawk was down, but I was disappointed to learn that Shoot the Rapids was down as well.

With the T-storm that hit the area that Saturday morning, I turned on the news to catch the weather report and would see the story about the accident at Shoot The Rapids that injured a few riders ( not to mention the terrible report about a rider falling off while riding the Texas Giant - my condolences ). It seems like this ride is becoming like Deja Vu to me: that coaster was always closed whenever I visited and it took me ten years before I finally rode it, but I'm in no hurry to ride Shoot The Rapids until maintenance can find out what cause this water ride to fail ( my question would be why didn't the ride's anti-rollback system work?).

As for the proposed dark ride, this park could use one. The only question will be will they use the second floor of the ballroom or will they choose another site? Here's a crazy idea: make it an indoor coaster! What? Oh, they did that before - so sorry - forgot about Disaster Transport already. I should delete that line before I press enter.

With nothing more to add, I shall close ( I hope I didn't forget anything)

"I'm not perfect; I just love to ride!!!"

I can see Cedar Point building a dark ride where WildCat used to be, since the show stuff that is in its place could change overtime/be changed (I think). Also, do you think it's a possibility Cedar Point will remove Power Tower? When I went this year the lines for both the Space Shot and Turbo Drop towers were dead. If they do, it's an idea spot for the dark ride as well.

A dark ride would be great to the Blue Streak area, plus it would bring more notoriety to Blue Streak as well.

I'm not the best with CP history, but what was the Pirate ride?