TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Is it just me or these wind complaints are new as of recent? Anyone know if Cedar Point officially tightened up their wind policy? I know that their weather policy has always been regarded as one of the stricter ones when it came to rain, thunder, and lightning, but I've never heard of their high wind policy complained about as much as it has been recently.

Can anyone tell me how long I can expect lines to be this Saturday June 8th? I know Saturdays attract large crowds but I was hoping since its still a little early in the season that it might be less crowded.

Expect it to be very busy.

If you have a platinum pass, this will help out quite a bit to ride everything in one day. My advice:

Go for early entry, go right to Gatekeeper. Hopefully it opens on time and can get a lap within 20 minutes. Go right to MF afterward and try to get back by Maverick by the time the park opens. Get to Dragster shortly after and the line should not be too bad yet... Hopefully a half hour or less. Within an hour or two, you have done most of the large attractions. After Dragster you can easily hit Magnum without any wait, Gemini, Mean Streak, etc... Go back up to the front of the park in the late evening when it is less busy for Raptor, Blue Streak and Wicked Twister.

If you play your timing right (and the park opens everything on time), you can easily get everything done for the most part. Just hopefully they don't open stuff late like usual. We generally go for early entry though and ride everything we want within an hour or two and leave. If you do not have a platinum pass though for early entry, I would probably recommend fastlane or whatever they call it, if you only go to the park once a year or so. That way you can enjoy it more.

Does TPR have any info on their Midwest trip? Like what day they'll be at Cedar Point?

I'm not part of the trip, but it'd be awesome to meet Robb or any other TPR members.

Also, did CP permanently take down their live cam from the park, the one near Maverick? I would've liked seeing that rather than the current webcams.

Sorry to double post, but this just in.....

SHARE this status so your friends don't miss out! GateKeeper will be featured on Good Morning America TOMORROW morning!

See what they had to say about the tallest, fastest and longest wing coaster in the WORLD. Check your local listings and set your DVR!

Got stuck in TTD this morning on the launch track for about 30 minutes. They pulled back into the station and then maintenance fixed the ride. Something with the cable it looked like. After that, with no test runs, we got a manual launch! That was awesome.

The park was more crowded today than it was Saturday and Sunday combined. Sme school group thing going on. But it still wasn't that bad, everything an hour wait at most. Everything was open today too!

Oh yeah, and I saw someone with a TPR jacket on about to get on the TTD train.

Got stuck in TTD this morning on the launch track for about 30 minutes. They pulled back into the station and then maintenance fixed the ride. Something with the cable it looked like. After that, with no test runs, we got a manual launch! That was awesome.

The park was more crowded today than it was Saturday and Sunday combined. Sme school group thing going on. But it still wasn't that bad, everything an hour wait at most. Everything was open today too!

Manual launch? What do you mean? Like the launch was initiated by the ride op rather than automatically, or something else?

That would have been Derek. We were in the train behind you when the ride went down. The manual launch looked and sounded really funny. Probably took you by surprise.

Edited by Erik Johnson

This is my first time posting in here but I just wanted to say I went to Cedar Point for the first time last week and spent five days there. First off let me say I enjoyed Cedar Point but with that said, I was a little disappointed too. I went Memorial Day through Friday and the weather pretty much sucked. Cedar Point is a bunch of nazis when it comes to weather...they shut everything down with the slightest breeze...it's ridiculous! I was also disappointed to see Skyhawk shutdown. I hadn't seen it reported on any website so I sent an email to screamscape to let people know. So it's a good thing I stayed so many days, it gave me a chance to ride everything around all the bad weather spells along with checking out the water park and challenge park too. About the water park, I expected a little more...it was rather small...but still fun. But Cedar Point isn't known for their water park, it's known for rollercoasters...And driving up to the park for the first time was an impressive sight. It was coasters galore. Here's my review of them all....

Started with Gatekeeper first of course...a long walk back to the right for it to be at the gate too...lol. Now I have rode both X-Flight at SFGAm and Wild Eagle at Dollywood and Gatekeeper pretty much combines the two with a little extra...it's a good ride. And all this talk about the restraints, let me say I loved them. I'm 6 '4 and 250 pounds and they fit me like a glove. I wished more coasters had restraints like this...especially Maverick...because the restraints on that thing sucks!

Next would be Wicked Twister making my way around the circle and this coaster is fun. I didn't even think about this coaster being the fourth coaster at Cedar Point over 200 feet until some fun trivia at Millennium Force. But still, it's pretty much the same ride as other coasters like it.

Next would be Corkscrew and let me say that these are the worst coasters...not quite as bad as Ninja at SFOG but it still sucks. Regardless if it's a Arrow or Vekoma, they all hurt. Ouch!

TTD was next on my radar and it definitely lived up to the hype...By far my favorite coaster at the park. It was an incredible experience...but the weather can shut this puppy down in a heart beat which makes it suck if you're in line waiting to ride.

Magnum XL 200 is a joke. I was expecting a good ride, but ended up with bruised legs instead. The restraints on this ride not so nice. Cedar Fair needs to move this to another park, one without a hyper like Michigan's Adventure, and build another hyper here, something like diamondback at Kings Island.

Gemini was a cool coaster, I really enjoyed it. Didn't get to ride Jr. Gemini though...too big. However I did ride Woodstock Express...Kind of cool for a kiddie coaster.

Mean Streak was next...It was one large ass wooden coaster, but tame as hell. The front was smooth but slow as a snail...too much brakes. The back was too rough. All in all, this coaster just sucked. Rocky Mountain Construction could make this an incredible coaster if Cedar Fair would let them rebuild it.

As for Maverick, let me say this...it's a cool ride. But it's not "The best ride in the park" like people kept saying it was. Now it could be, but it despartely needs new restraints. It's a tortue device for your head during the "TWISTY" parts. The only way to enjoy this ride is brace yourself...and in my opinion, coasters are so much more fun when you can let go and not worry about a beating.

Cedar Creek Mine Ride was a good mine train...a lot better than others I have ridden. Most adjust your spine...but this one was alright. The only one I've rode that was better was the one at Carowinds.

Next was the one I was most looking forward too...Millennium Force. The one they claim is the best coaster on the planet. I disagree. Maybe in the top ten, but not the best. Really only a few moments of air time, it's really just about the speed...which is cool and Iike it...but I could think of a few other coasters better than it.

Mantis was pretty much like all other stand up coasters...suckage. I just don't like that B&M design.

Iron dragon was a cool ride...liked it a lot. Blue Streak was the best wooden coaster in the park...nice old ride. And last but not least...Raptor. My favorite inverted coaster I've rode so far. Montu has always been my fav...but Raptor is now the reigning champ.

As for flat rides, nice collection. I liked them all. MaxAir was lots of fun. I wished Skyhawk was open but no dice. Overall, a cool park. But I'd still have to say Kings Island is my favorite Cedar Fair park. It's hard to beat a one two punch from Diamondback and Beast. Not to mention they have a better water park too. But I'd visit Cedar Point again.

Whatever you do, FOLLOW TONY CLARK ON TWITTER. He can score you front-of-the-line passes on either TTD, Millennium, Maverick, or Gatekeeper. We scored ones for Dragster after two failed attempts to get on. It definitely made our day. Thanks very much for them Tony!

So could Maverick work with removing the OTS restraints and use only lap bars? I've never ridden it so I dont know what its like.

Unless you want a strained neck or lateral whiplash it would not work. I dont like them on any Intamin coasters but it is the safest and needed.

Can anyone tell me how efficient fastlane is? Unfortunately, I'm only going to get one day to head to the Point this year and I want to ride as much as possible. Can anyone tell me the average wait times for fastlane users and the amount of rides they were able to get on in a full day. My only must rides are: Gatekeeper, Wicked Twister, Windseeker, Raptor, MF, Dragster, Maverick, Magnum, Power Tower, & Maxair. Will I be able to accomplish them all?