TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I am going to Coastermania for the first time this year. I have friends who are coming up from Florida and this will be the first time to CP. Last weekend when I made my first visit since Fast Lane was introduced, I was shocked by how much slower the "stand-by" lines were than they used to be. My friend and I were unable to ride all the big coasters (Mav, GK, TTD, MF, Raptor, Mantis, Magnum, WT, Gemini) in one day.

If we utilize the ERT at Coastermania, will we have a problem getting at least one ride on everything? I know Coastermania is one of the largest enthusiast events, so I don't know how long the lines are during ERT.

Can someone share their knowledge please?

Thank you very much!

While sitting here in the car (30mins till i arrive, on Highway 2) Has anyone ever wondered why Cedar Point is not called Kings Island? I mean CP is an Island while KI isnt. Wouldnt that make sense?!?! Ugh Cedar Fair is confusing me

^ CP isn't on an island, it's on a peninsula.

Haha i did realize that now driving up to the park! Forgot its actual land the road is on to get to the parking lot not a bridge! I still feel Kings Island would suit CP better though

Fun fact:

The causeway everyone drives over is actually a bridge. That said, to the right of the causeway is the actual land (and some very nice houses) that the park is connected to. Its actually rather pretty, and if the causeway is super backed up you can use it to get in (there is a parking gate at the end of it as well.

^ CP isn't on an island, it's on a peninsula.

Haha i did realize that now driving up to the park! Forgot its actual land the road is on to get to the parking lot not a bridge! I still feel Kings Island would suit CP better though

Just to clarify, the name Kings Island is a derivative from the town it sits in (Kings Mills) and the original amusement park it succeeded in Cincinnati (Coney Island).

Back on topic, yes, Cedar Point's causeway drive is honestly a big part of the experience. There is nothing quite like seeing all the towering coasters on the other side of the lake. Awesome stuff.

Maverick does indeed haul... I have to say, I've gotten a few bruises from it, on my shoulders and most recently one on the bottom left side of my skull, but I absolutely love it anyways. I was there this past Wednesday and by the evening it was a walk on. Best ride of the day other than any on Maverick though was on Gemini. They had the trim brakes off (or open, as the old indicator lights above the ride ops on both sides) and we had a front row blue vs. red battle. Our group of four had lots of airtime and indeed the helixes are pretty intense with the bit of extra speed. There was also the usual smack-talking and rowing to make the trains go faster.

I also was able to get my friends to try out Magnum's best seat imo, 1st car row 3. This was also a walk on so we got to do a lot of front row vs. everywhere else comparisons. My one friend was assaulted by her boobs and cursed herself for not wearing a sports bra as she was rocketed up over and over again in 1-3. I still do not find the lapbars at all painful. We also had a lot of fun on Iron Dragon, definitely awesome to have people only sit on only one side of the cars, it actually made the last few turns exciting and quite enjoyable.

My friends enjoyed their rides on GateKeeper (I'm still too fat to ride (TFTR) ) and loved the close calls with the keyholes and the overall smoothness of the ride. They wanted to ride it first in case of bad weather which turned out to be wise as it was closed most of the day after that. While they waited for some keyholing (for about 90 mins due to the ride shutting down for 15-20 mins due to some brief 35 mph winds) I took a few spins on Troika which is great, the Giant Wheel, and one on Mine Ride (ow, definitely not getting on that lil bastard till next season). Can't wait to get back soon, hopefully with a few less pounds

Well after day 1 i have to say CP really was a great park! Very quick operations even though i had a fast pass. Finally got to ride TTD after it was closed on my visit back in 08, i absolutely LOVED TTD! Excited for day 2 tomorrow!

Oh and Gatekeeper was ok, but i had some trouble with it, it was a fun ride and the GP will love it. I had lots of trouble with the vest tightening on my collarbone on all 4 rides. Key-holing was very cool and the wing over drop was unique.

And B&Mboy i swear on life i saw you again while i was in line for Wicked Twister. If it was you, thats creepy as hell! Haha

I was only at the Point on Media Day this season. That guy you seen must have been sexy if he looked like me!

Actually, Wicked Twister is one of my favorite rides at the Point! I love the last car of the train going up the spike.

I like almost everything at the Point except for Raptor and Force.

Why do they close for such light rain? I understand, and respect safety, but thats a little much!

You have to remember that many times they'll close rides for the wind or future weather. If the winds are too high there's a chance that trains might valley and Cedar Point doesn't want to evac people, so some rides might switch to two trains when it starts raining or shut down entirely.

If anyone is going to ride GateKeeper soon, I would definitely get some night rides in. In the morning on weekends we've been having a full queue, but it all empties out towards the end of the day.

I was only at the Point on Media Day this season. That guy you seen must have been sexy if he looked like me!

Actually, Wicked Twister is one of my favorite rides at the Point! I love the last car of the train going up the spike.

I like almost everything at the Point except for Raptor and Force.

Haha ok good! And yes he looked exactly like you...if it would have been you it that would be creepy since i just saw you at Hershey

^The lines were so minimal today and i got plenty of rides in...but..i did have a fast lane.

Today was even better as i hit Raptor and a few others i didn't get to yesterday. Since i have the best dad, he came to sense after we waited in line for Millennium for about 1 1/2 hduring 9AM ERT!!!!! Then we got fast lane and the day was much better! I have so many photos that i will pick from and upload once i get home tomorrow and all in all it was a wonderful weekend vacation! These were my top 7 favorite rides...

1-Maverick--Its a wild one for sure

2-TTD--I LOVED this...thanks Fast lane for letting me get 5 rides in 2 days!

3-Raptor--Intense to me and still kicking a$$! Back row was too intense..

4-Millennium--Too much vibration although it was awesome pacing

5-Gatekeeper--Nice ride with some good +G's but i classify it as fun, not a thrill seeker, not to mention those vests

6-Gemini--Airtime anyone?

7--Mean Streak--This is a joke..please look below for a coaster that doesn't have a trim on the drop

The real 7--Magnum--Great Airtime but a bit rough, still fun!

Ride on Folks

^The lines were so minimal today and i got plenty of rides in...but..i did have a fast lane.

Today was even better as i hit Raptor and a few others i didn't get to yesterday. Since i have the best dad, he came to sense after we waited in line for Millennium for about 1 1/2 hduring 9AM ERT!!!!!

DAMN. Do you remember what some of the posted waits were for non-fastlane people? Was everything like over an hour?

I will be going to CP my first time on Saturday June 8 and Sun June 9 staying at Breakers. For 9am ERT, should I go to Gatekeeper first or TTD? Which line would go faster? Can I buy a fastlane online before I go? If not, do they sell them at the hotel?