TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

What a great day at Cedar Point! Got here around 7:30, and I'm having a blast!! I have met several really cool folks from TPR, including Robb himself. I know he is incredibly busy working on some awesome footage, so I just want to thank him for taking a minute to chat.....it was great to meet the guy in person who runs this amazing site!

As for GateKeeper? I think the ride is fantastic! Solid 9 or 9.5 for me. It has superb pacing, some hints of air, and just a nice assortment of elements. I liked the first roll/drop way more than I even thought I would, especially on the left side! And the keyholes, as Robb said, are really kick ass!! Love those! Go ride this puppy, you won't be disappointed!

And on top of all that, the park is opening Raptor & Millennium as a "thank you" to those who came out. Great stuff!

Here's my "first ride" rider cam video along with some AMAZING off-ride shots of Gatekeeper! Cedar Point let us have pretty much open access to the ride to film some amazing angles! Let us know what you think!

Can't believe how long media day is! Myself and the rest of the crew had to be there at 2am to make sure everything would be ready for all the clubs that came out today. Didn't seem like that long of a line, some people rode more than 10 or 15 times. I think I enjoy GateKeeper over X-Flight at SFGAm because it's taller, faster, and a bit more intense along with some fun airtime and hangtime. Like other wing riders, where you sit can really change the ride experience. Overall just a fun ride and a great fit for Cedar Point.

Here are some extra pictures and video I took after my shift if you need some more GateKeeper content to hold you over.

DSCN0972_1024x768.thumb.JPG.422bdadeb05b544e201e5fb6c864be83.JPG

Twisting it up

DSCN0981_1024x768.thumb.JPG.e4675cfb516d3dc80436567c124fd94a.JPG

DSCN0980_1024x768.thumb.JPG.bf8d18b8869a45e8a9e19ead22aee456.JPG

Keyhole action

DSCN0977_1024x768.thumb.JPG.9559c912caf88baf8b4919fdfc3b6c1c.JPG

First drop wingover

DSCN0979_1024x768.thumb.JPG.ad83cd91b143444c2c1797f0d5866f03.JPG

DSCN0978_1024x768.thumb.JPG.44a801280ad96f33fbaee75dd4552f26.JPG

Edited by traincrossin

awesome video! but I wondered what this clicking noise could be? is it coming from the train?

The clicking when it leaves the station? I think B&M's have started adding busbars for the landing position in the station, so the computer can pull in diagnostics from the train, see which restraints are locked and maybe to charge up the LED lights on the trains...i'm not entirely sure what all info they're getting from it. I first noticed those on Wild Eagle, but i noticed too on video from Steel Dragon's new B&M trains... that they are there as well. So the clicking is the connection to each busbar as the train rolls over them.

Great videos and pics!! The trains are gorgeous!! LOVE!!

awesome video! but I wondered what this clicking noise could be? is it coming from the train?

The clicking when it leaves the station? I think B&M's have started adding busbars for the landing position in the station, so the computer can pull in diagnostics from the train, see which restraints are locked and maybe to charge up the LED lights on the trains...i'm not entirely sure what all info they're getting from it. I first noticed those on Wild Eagle, but i noticed too on video from Steel Dragon's new B&M trains... that they are there as well. So the clicking is the connection to each busbar as the train rolls over them.

I thought it was just from all the cool kids snapping their fingers as the train left the station.

I actually meant the clicking you hear during the whole ride. Did you mean that as well?

I actually meant the clicking you hear during the whole ride. Did you mean that as well?

Are you talking about the chain dogs when the train goes through the inversions?

Not sure what that sound is...i've never noticed it on Wild Eagle. Probably cool kids snapping, as CFC said

Nice video, I'm glad to see how well in keeps its pacing up compared to most other modern B&Ms, the entrance also looks as good as I expected it to look, too bad I won't be walking through it (we stay at Camper Village when we visit)

Pretty sure the clicking is just the sound of the wheels passing over the track seams. Montu is the same way.. Anyway it seems like the ride itself is running much faster, and the pacing an intensity seems better than the other wing riders. Can't wait to ride this summer! Anyone else think wing riders would be more fun with traditional b&m restraints as opposed to the vests? How are the vests? Do they take away from the ride or the airtime?

^I did also get the impression that it runs pretty fast compared to other wingriders. I'm curious to know how it was in terms of forces and intensity: was it any better than the others? Really nice video. Keyholing!