TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

This ride looks outstanding, I can't wait to ride it this summer.

The photo of the giant queue suggests what riding it this summer will be -- a very long wait in the unshaded sun.

I hope they merely have forgotten to finish adding shades to the queue.

I rode Wild Eagle last year and the wing rider train is nice for comparing rides all over the train.

Two credits! TWO CREDITS!!!

Seriously though, it would be freaking awesome if Cedar Point used two camera feeds (one on the left side, one on the right side) of the same run and arranged them side by side.

Idea for a Theme Park Review POV, maybe?

Am I the only one that thinks the left looks better?

The extra hang time it seems to provide while rolling over into the first drop looks freaking amazing from the front view.....Last row left should get a nice whip into the first drop!!!

Seriously though, it would be freaking awesome if Cedar Point used two camera feeds (one on the left side, one on the right side) of the same run and arranged them side by side.

Idea for a Theme Park Review POV, maybe?

As far as the wing over drop is concerned, the left wing in the front on X Flight is amazing. Gatekeepers front left wing should be just as if not more spectacular than X Flight.

Edited by B&MBoy1982

^^I'm pretty sure they are growing grass in those gray spots underneath the coaster. It's tough to grow grass, plants etc. when it's a giant construction zone. Give it time.

You're probably right. It's still not done, and I'm sure they are working on bringing some life to that area.

The ride looks incredible. I wouldn't say "typical B&M", because this one looks like it will bring some forces. Cedar Point with another, potential, world class coaster. In my mind it already turns the big 3 into the big 4 (Maverick, Millenium, and Dragster being the others).

Magnum is up there too. I love CP, and I'm a CP fanboy of sorts. GK looks awesome, but I'm hoping the airtime hill is better than it looks. But hey, at least it has one! It looks fun and unique and I can't wait to ride it. And no trims either! Now we need to speculate what the Point will do next . Iron Streak, anybody?

^^I'm pretty sure they are growing grass in those gray spots underneath the coaster. It's tough to grow grass, plants etc. when it's a giant construction zone. Give it time.

You're probably right. It's still not done, and I'm sure they are working on bringing some life to that area.

The ride looks incredible. I wouldn't say "typical B&M", because this one looks like it will bring some forces. Cedar Point with another, potential, world class coaster. In my mind it already turns the big 3 into the big 4 (Maverick, Millenium, and Dragster being the others).

Magnum is up there too. I love CP, and I'm a CP fanboy of sorts. GK looks awesome, but I'm hoping the airtime hill is better than it looks. But hey, at least it has one! It looks fun and unique and I can't wait to ride it. And no trims either! Now we need to speculate what the Point will do next . Iron Streak, anybody?

I've heard front left is the place to be for that airtime hill or the back.

As far as the wing over drop is concerned, the left wing in the front on X Flight is amazing. Gatekeepers front left wing should be just as if not more spectacular than X Flight.

That's funny, I prefer the front right of X Flight over the left. Just shows how different of a ride experience these wing coasters give.

I agree as I loved front left on X Flight, the slow roll over the track, hanging there looking straight down while the rest of the train catches up. From what I recall my very first ride on X Flight was back left and I thought I was going to get a good yank into the wing over drop but it wasn't as strong, though still fun. Maybe with the drop being bigger on GK that might change.

What an amazing video, all the chopper effects are cool. It looks like no matter which side or where you are on the track has some kind of chopper around you with the in and out tracks so close together and then the gates too.

It looks great! I can't wait... All I can say is it's about time - 7 years for a new coaster at the Point. I'm "not fond" of their last addition - Maverick. This will be a long awaited great addition.

I had thought I would like the left side better but watching the video I am now thinking the right will be more fun, of course will ride both sides to get a good feel for which side I will enjoy more.

I knew that both sides would be different. After watching the POV, It's like two different ride experiences. FastLane Plus is a must, I've got to try at-least 8 different seats (Front, Back, and Middle of both sides).

It looks great! I can't wait... All I can say is it's about time - 7 years for a new coaster at the Point. I'm "not fond" of their last addition - Maverick. This will be a long awaited great addition.

Not fond of Maverick..........sorry this doesn't make sense to me

I have already purchased FL+ for Friday the 17th, can hardly wait.

I like Maverick but they need to change the restraints, they beat the hell outta my shoulders. Then again, i'm pretty tall. I rode it twice in one day last year and I will never do that again. I wonder if it's any better in the front. I've always ridden it in the back.

Maverick seems to be a lot like SkyRush. The restraints are either fine or kill you based on your height/weight/build.

I LOVE Maverick and think it's awesome!

I don't like either ride although I'll ride both. It's just my personal preference. I guess I'm more of a B&M fan than Intamin.

I just learned that Cedar Point chose not to have bins at the exit of the ride, and instead will be having lockers outside of the line... Thank God! This will greatly improve the wait times and speed up the interval between dispatches!