TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I will be taking a side entrance most of the time, but will make sure to go through the front gate at least once to see Gatekeeper.

It will be released Monday, I am guessing that they were waiting for the "Hard" wheels to be put on to make sure it was recorded at top speed and sound.

New required trip report photo op! [attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

This must be the best entrance to a park ever! I'll admit, I thought the gaps and that weird support at the back would ruin it, but you don't notice them at all

Impatiently waiting for the POV, thoughts when that thing is going to come out?

No clue but I am right there with you. With my luck probably 2PM, I have an hour long conference call then!

Please forgive me because I have never been to CP and this has probably been asked a million times...

Is two full days from 10 AM to 12 midnight enough time for this park including the water park and challenge park? I will be buying the Fast Lane at least one of the days.

^ I would spend your first day at the park with fast lane. Second day I would do morning ERT, if that's an option, then hit up Soak City as soon as it opens. Just don't forget sun tan lotion, nothing worse then riding coasters with burnt shoulders and back. You can do Challenge Park any day since I never see that place crowded.

With my trip coming up(25th-27th Memorial Day Weekend) I'm trying to layout a plan to go with. Since we are staying at Sandcastle, we get the early enter time. I was thinking about doing Gatekeeper right away like 3 times since the line will likely be long all day. Then heading over to Millennium and then towards the back of the park before heading back towards the front after the opening morning rush. Any suggestions of where to eat? Its my parents, sister and I so it will likely be a restaurant? I know of that BBQ place outside the park where Wildcat used to be but don't remember any others since my last trip in 07

^you're correct about the bbq place. Famous Dave's is in the marina and is where I go when I want a full on meal, $15-$20 per person gets you a quality filling meal. As for inside the park, Midway Market by Raptor is where I used to go but the qualtity seems to have fallen over the last few years. Can't go wrong with Pinks though.

With my trip coming up(25th-27th Memorial Day Weekend) I'm trying to layout a plan to go with. Since we are staying at Sandcastle, we get the early enter time. I was thinking about doing Gatekeeper right away like 3 times since the line will likely be long all day. Then heading over to Millennium and then towards the back of the park before heading back towards the front after the opening morning rush. Any suggestions of where to eat? Its my parents, sister and I so it will likely be a restaurant? I know of that BBQ place outside the park where Wildcat used to be but don't remember any others since my last trip in 07

We ate at Pinks last year and it was great, if you enjoy a hotdog.