TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I have a question for those of you that have knowledge about the on-site lodging's policies. Some family and I are going to be at CP and will be staying at the breakers in a few weeks. The thought just crossed my mind about the discounted tickets and early entry. If check in isn't until 11am will we still get the tickets and early entry for our check in day? My brother is booking the room later this week but I wasn't sure how their policies worked.

Thanks in advance

Supposedly at this time, there are around 1,000 enthusiasts on the 'list' for media day. With the capacity of the ride though, lines should be relatively short... But I would assume 15-20 minute wait times or so depending on what they do with setting up camera/media/dispatch of the trains, etc... Also depends on when everybody decides to show up. Hoping it will be a little less busy, though! Better than opening weekend though, that is for sure.

Where did you get this number of 1000 from?

Kinda odd that they only have 2 coke freestyle locations, and they are so close together. I hope that they think about putting a freestyle machine near the back of the park. The current locations of the machines are in the midway market, and the former transport refreshments at gatekeepers exit.

The grape HI-C is the best.

Supposedly at this time, there are around 1,000 enthusiasts on the 'list' for media day. With the capacity of the ride though, lines should be relatively short... But I would assume 15-20 minute wait times or so depending on what they do with setting up camera/media/dispatch of the trains, etc... Also depends on when everybody decides to show up. Hoping it will be a little less busy, though! Better than opening weekend though, that is for sure.

Where did you get this number of 1000 from?

And where did he get a rider per hour estimate of 3,000 - 4,000?

The enthusiast count sounds about right, but the lines are most definitely not. Try somewhere around 50-70 minute lines, keeping in mind not only the camera setups, but also the inexperienced ride ops.

^I can assure you they have put their most experienced ride ops at the ride. I know most of them personally and most of them have worked at Raptor or Magnum. They know how to move fast. Cedar Point, unlike certain other parks, prides itself on operations. You will not be disappointed. Expect an average of around 1100-1200 riders per hour.

If the GATEKEEPER is going that fast, then all I can say is to make sure all your lost articles are kept in a zipped-up pocket lest you to want to make a contribution to the groundkeeper's fund.

I'm not perfect; I just love to ride!!!

^I can assure you they have put their most experienced ride ops at the ride. I know most of them personally and most of them have worked at Raptor or Magnum. They know how to move fast. Cedar Point, unlike certain other parks, prides itself on operations. You will not be disappointed. Expect an average of around 1100-1200 riders per hour.

This is exactly what I was thinking as well.

Another thing you have to keep in mind if you are going to the media day, is that these events are for the MEDIA! While the enthusiasts are there to help "fill trains" you can probably expect that the park will have anywhere between 4 to 8 members of the media riding on just about every train, and those people will get priority over the enthusiast guests.

There will also be camera rigs, so it's quite possible that some seats, like the front of the train, won't be available at all, or at least for a good majority of the day.

So I would go in and expect to ride, probably a few times, but you'll also need PATIENCE as you might end up waiting longer due to camera set ups, media that needs to wait for a specific time and/or shot, etc...

Exactly why I love Cedar Point.

Also, It's fun going to Louie's after and partying with them too!