TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Why do you think they used black top there?

It isn't, its stamped concrete, it just looks like that because its covered in sand and its wet.

The area in the upper left by the support?

That's probably wet sand mixed with mud or an old maintenance road for Disaster Transport.

Kept an eye on the cams today, they kept stopping Gatekeeper at the MCBR for minutes at a time. Presumably on purpose for testing, but who knows. Also saw a few other rides testing, at least Mantis.

Here is a quick question: is early June - like the first two weeks - a good day to go to CP? Will most of the rides be walk-on or short waiting time? Considering there is a new coaster, it might be a little more crowded then usual. I'm planning on going Tuesday the 11th. The school around the Sandusky area gets out around June 5th, so I won't have to worry about school trips there.

Also, my family is staying at Sandcastle Suites; how long is the walk to CP from that hotel?

Here is a quick question: is early June - like the first two weeks - a good day to go to CP? Will most of the rides be walk-on or short waiting time? Considering there is a new coaster, it might be a little more crowded then usual. I'm planning on going Tuesday the 11th. The school around the Sandusky area gets out around June 5th, so I won't have to worry about school trips there.

Also, my family is staying at Sandcastle Suites; how long is the walk to CP from that hotel?

Went last year, Wed and Thurs, the second week of June. Crowds were manageable, still bought Fast Lane both days. Queues broke down about as follows:

TTD: Regular-45-60, FL-10

MF: Regular-60-90, FL-5

Maverick: 45-75, FL-15

Raptor: 30-90 (Vist later in the day, the ride gets flooded for the first three hours of the day), FL-5

Magnum: 30-45, FL-5

If you get Fast Lane, there's really no point in going for early entry. You'll have to wait in the regular lines, so sleep in an extra hour.

I remember being at CP during the last weekend of HalloWeekends peaking over the fence onto the site and listening to the GP speculate about what they think the ride will do which was very amusing. I watched the entire anouncement day and the controversial "backwards" video that gets the GP everytime. Now, to be able to go to Media Day, ride practically all day long with little to no wait is quite awesome. Can't forget the available breakfast and lunch for the days energy.

For all crazy coaster riders, I urge all to attend for a fantastic time and to feel special for a day!

^^ The walk from Sandcastle to the park is maybe 10 minutes or so. All you really have to do is cross the Gemini parking lot.

Don't also forget about walking through Camper Village and part of Soak City! It's a pretty decent hoof from Sandcastle, especially on that last long walk back there at the end of the day.

Just found this video. It may be a bit far away but if you watch it in full screen you can tell that the trains are already running a bit faster than in the first runs, maybe they have already fitted the hard wheels. I can't wait to see a train full of riders!

Supposedly at this time, there are around 1,000 enthusiasts on the 'list' for media day. With the capacity of the ride though, lines should be relatively short... But I would assume 15-20 minute wait times or so depending on what they do with setting up camera/media/dispatch of the trains, etc... Also depends on when everybody decides to show up. Hoping it will be a little less busy, though! Better than opening weekend though, that is for sure.

Oh, I'm so excited to ride it! Still a little nervous because of the first drop, though; not a big fan of airtime. I'd rather have loops and corkscrews than lots of airtime.

Planning on riding either front seat or near it when I ride it because it apparently isn't as affected by airtime as much and you get more intense g-forces going through the loops/etc.

Hope I can get near the front seat for Maverick.

Quite surprised how fast its running, knowing B&M, I would have thought they would have placed a trim somewhere along the coarse. This looks more like theirs Chinese creations and will hopefully ride like them.

Quite surprised how fast its running, knowing B&M, I would have thought they would have placed a trim somewhere along the coarse. This looks more like theirs Chinese creations and will hopefully ride like them.

Im waiting for the B&M trim to show up too but i dont think it will happen on this. If i remember there were no track pieces with the holes in them which is when it will have a trim?!

Looks really good and the vid is even far away, cant wait for one up close!!