TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^A few pages back, they've discussed about how they switch from soft wheels that run a slower train, and hard wheels run a faster train. I can only imagine how much of a difference it would make with hard wheels and how fast it would take those inversions.

I also agree about the coaster. Looks stunning! I'm not really a big fan of the look of the entrance to be honest, even if there is a B&M winger flying through. But the coaster itself looks like great fun!

Just an observation that it is running painfully slow in that video

I read this before I saw the video and thought "He's probably exaggerating"...nope! It's crawling. Hopefully these are the "slow wheels" like Midgetman said.

Keep your eyes open for updated webcam locations. Tony from the CP Blog left us a little hint as to where they will face in the CP Blog. He is working on trying to stream Gatekeeper's entrance plaza live.

**EDIT**

I know the Pagoda Cam isn't new, but simply returning to the location due to its popularity.

I'm curious: how is the opening weekend for Cedar Point usually? I can imagine the park being extremely busy, especially this year with Gatekeeper. I wonder if this ride will prove to be more popular then Maverick, since Maverick usually has the longest line in the park any time during the day. Maybe with Gatekeeper around, I'll finally be able to ride Maverick.

Any of you guys going opening weekend? I can't cause of school and no transportation to get there, but I hate busy places, and I can't imagine how long the lines will be. Haha, I bet even the Blue Streak will have a long wait despite that ride being empty a lot.

^ I went last summer on a Thursday, and most of the rides had less than 30 min waiting times - MF, TTD, and Maverick had longer lines, at least 45 min to 1 hour waits - but died down as night went on. CP was going to close in about an hour and a half, and Maverick still had more than an hour wait.

Needless to say, I was partially glad I didn't get to ride it; the 95 degree drop scared me, but I'd rather ride that one than the MF!

Any of you guys going opening weekend? I can't cause of school and no transportation to get there, but I hate busy places, and I can't imagine how long the lines will be. Haha, I bet even the Blue Streak will have a long wait despite that ride being empty a lot.

I'll be there opening weekend.

I'll be there Saturday, Sunday and Monday! I cannot wait

I'm curious: how is the opening weekend for Cedar Point usually? I can imagine the park being extremely busy, especially this year with Gatekeeper. I wonder if this ride will prove to be more popular then Maverick, since Maverick usually has the longest line in the park any time during the day. Maybe with Gatekeeper around, I'll finally be able to ride Maverick.

It will definitely be very busy opening weekend - if the weather is nice.

I wouldn't plan on Maverick having a shorter line based on Gatekeeper ever - they couldn't be further away from one another.

Every line is normally long on Saturday - if the weather is nice. Avoid Saturday at all costs unless you get FastLane.

Off topic - anyone see the CP webpage and see what looks like an Arrow double loop coaster? Is it GASM or Viper...or is it from another CF park...or a Chinese knock-off...and the ultimate question....will it ever be sold & relocated to Darien Lake????

Capture.JPG.0861cb32e84ab559e117ac1173ed188c.JPG

anyone see the CP webpage and see what looks like an Arrow double loop coaster? Is it GASM or Viper...or is it from another CF park...or a Chinese knock-off...and the ultimate question....will it ever be sold & relocated to Darien Lake????

I believe that coaster in the photo is no other than SFMM's Viper or an edited photo of Kings Island's Vortex, and no neither coaster would be sold & relocated to Darien Lake! (O.K. maybe Vortex from Kings Island, but i'm not going to count on it!)

^^^ I love it when you see adverts and signage using coasters from a different park. Somewhat related, if you look at some of the menu signage inside of festhaus at BGW you can make out the silhouette of Viper at Darien Lake.

That pov has to be with the slow wheels on. Any slower it would risk vallying.

Is anyone going on Ohio State day on May 10th (Day before opening day)? You get free admission for Saturday if you stay at a CP hotel. I like to think of it as a great alternative to those who can't attend media day, but still want to ride Gatekeeper before Opening Day. I'll be attending!

Is anyone going on Ohio State day on May 10th (Day before opening day)? You get free admission for Saturday if you stay at a CP hotel. I like to think of it as a great alternative to those who can't attend media day, but still want to ride Gatekeeper before Opening Day. I'll be attending!

NOPE! GO BLUE!

Kind of branching off from the current topics so bear with me.

I'll be at CP June 15th and 16th. We're going to stay at the breakers for the first time, kind of excited about that . I'm looking for some opinions on how to do the tickets though. It wouldn't be an issue if I wasn't also planning on making a trip over to Michigan's Adventure a few days before, would i be better off to buy a platinum pass at MI Adv and be set for both parks or buy tickets for each day? I'm trying to talk myself into a pass so I have an excuse to finally make if over to Knott's this year haha, but the funds truly aren't what I should be spending because well, I don't have them.

Thanks in advance

Oh, and I cannot wait to ride Gatekeeper!!!!!

MiA tickets plus parking for one day = $39

CP (w/resort discount on tickets) for 2 days is = $68 (you'll get reimbursed for your parking when you check in).

$107<$180

So it would be cheaper just to get the tickets unless you know for sure that you will visit another CF park this year.

^^you make a valid point. I completely spaced on the resort pricing, I was just looking at full prices . Guess I'm a little too excited at the moment to be researching and doing math haha.

^I've always loved the look of the hotel, and though I've stayed at the campground a few times I've always wanted to be able to spend a bit of time in the Breakers. I guess I'm a closet historical building fan haha.