TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

From Great Ohio Coaster Club.

So, apparently we were mistaken. We spoke with Tony Clark after the event and he said it was okay to post the announcement now that everyone at the event knew. So, are you ready? Do you want to know? Okay, here it comes... all card carrying members of roller coaster clubs will be allowed to go to media day for GateKeeper. So, pack your bags and book your flight because you're invited. If you're not already a member, all you have to do is join. http://greatohiocc.org/join you must have a membership card to a coaster club with you the day of the event. Do not wait to join. We cannot guarantee last minute membership requests.

I was secretly hoping for a fountain. Still though, I wonder about what they're going to do with the old food stands. The blog post hints at them changing things up over there.

Im thinking maybe he shouldn't ride roller coasters no matter what kind of restraints it has.

LOL! My BF has been riding coasters for many years including Kingda Ka, Dragster, I305, & El Toro as well as some of the most painful wooden coasters on earth like SoB, Hurler and Mean Streak, so I doubt this one is going to cause him too much harm.

I was just worried if the restraints might restrict his chest too much and take some of the fun out of the ride. But by the sounds of it, the restraints seem to effect the petite or thinner riders so it actually might cause more grief for my 110 lb sister.

From Great Ohio Coaster Club.

So, apparently we were mistaken. We spoke with Tony Clark after the event and he said it was okay to post the announcement now that everyone at the event knew. So, are you ready? Do you want to know? Okay, here it comes... all card carrying members of roller coaster clubs will be allowed to go to media day for GateKeeper. So, pack your bags and book your flight because you're invited. If you're not already a member, all you have to do is join. http://greatohiocc.org/join you must have a membership card to a coaster club with you the day of the event. Do not wait to join. We cannot guarantee last minute membership requests.

For those not on facebook (the only place I've found any info about this) this event is tentatively scheduled for Thursday May 9, times TBD.

Not sure if I can make it due to work, but sounds like it will be fun.

Philrad71: Has your BF ridden Maverick? Lots of peeps complain about the over the shoulder restraints and the way it sometimes presses against your chest on that ride.

This thing is so freaking majestic! I am debating about taking the 5 hour drive and go there for the media preview day. I really need to renew my ClubTPR membership anyway.

Even the seagulls stop to admire Gatekeeper!

GateKeeperConstructionCam_1024.jpg.211eecc6ea7022499368fc492d5487b7.jpg

"Mine, mine, mine, MINE!"

I am definitely looking forward to seeing this coaster start making its first test cycles. I would love to go to media day but we will see if I have the money and time to do it.

Also, it’s great to see you back on the blog Tony! Hope to see you on the midways this season when I make my trip out there!