TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I was expecting more of a gold color but what I can see it looks nice. It will be awesome when testing starts.

That I believe is the main train color, Sunset Gold, but each train will have different accent color: Zenith Gold, Meteor Gold or Orion Gold.

The lighting in the shop is more than likely florescent so it's not going to look right, but it should look much better once its out in the sun.

Saw this posted somewhere, and I remember seeing this from years ago, but I don't remember what this is. Is it some "fan" version of TTD or what this actually considered at some point?

I remember this showing up on the Internet before Dragster was announced, because I was hoping that would be what CP was installing. I'd tend to think that it was a "fan" version, but the fact that they got the launch, the tower, and the brakes in the correct placement makes me think there's at least a chance this was considered for a concept. Considering Dragster already cost $25 million, maybe CP didn't want to spend another $10 mill on a fairly risky investment.

They really hauled ass on completing the second half of that layout! Looking good!

Edit: To me it gives the illusion that the track is just kind of floating over the entrance. I don't know if it is just me but I love it!

Edited by DougMJr

Holy piss, is this thing done with the layout already?

Can't wait for the trains to ship in!

The other B&M wing coaster in China had its track completed about one and a half month ago, yet I haven't seen anything.

Perhaps CP will choose to finish the gate area refurbishment first, but again I know nothing about what they used to do in history.