TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Those keyhole towers are even bigger than I thought they'd be.....that's going to make for an awesome visual as the coaster knifes through there!

I really like the look of the new entrance in that video/still posted earlier. It's simple but slick, especially with GateKeeper roaring over top. I dig it! Hoping to return to the Point this year and snag a ride on this one.

I'm so excited to ride this this summer. It really does look beautiful.

It's crazy how open that area now feels compared to before. It's going to be so different. Excuse me if I'm incorrect, but there have not been any images or plans, etc. yet of what the entryway to this ride will look like right? I'll be interested to see what that area is going to look like now that Space Spiral and DT are gone. There appears to be a pretty good spot right next to Gatekeeper for some sort of flat right along the beach. That would be quite interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing the finishing touches come in the next few months.

No, there hasn't been any decent renderings of what the Gatekeeper entrance and the surrounding area is going to look like. There hasn't even been a closer look at what the station is going to look like. What I've been hearing is that the whole concessions there will be receiving a face lift. If the front entrance is an indication, I think we may see something similar done over by Gatekeeper.

There appears to be a pretty good spot right next to Gatekeeper for some sort of flat right along the beach. That would be quite interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing the finishing touches come in the next few months.

Troika is still there and based on the beach cam I have a feeling that part of Gatekeeper's queue will go in that empty spot between the two rides.

Looks like a typical winter Ohio day for Gatekeeper. That lake looks nasty.

I'm sure the CP fanboys are crying over the fact that Space Spiral would be smack dab in the middle of that photo.

Surprisingly, I don't think very many weren't too upset. From seeing some comments in the past, I'm pretty sure they were more upset over CP losing the crown of most coasters when Wildcat was removed. I didn't care about any of these three removals. However, some older locals were probably upset.

Looks like a typical winter Ohio day for Gatekeeper. That lake looks nasty.

I'm sure the CP fanboys are crying over the fact that Space Spiral would be smack dab in the middle of that photo.

I haven't seen one person complain over the fact that space spiral was removed.

I haven't seen one person complain over the fact that space spiral was removed.

It's not a complaint, but space spiral was useful for proving perspective when riding Maxair. I hope Gatekeeper's lift is similarly useful.

The photos of Gatekeeper in the snow have me wishing they could run the coaster in the winter.