TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

My only visit in 08' I was so excited to ride "The World's Best RollerCoaster" and left not too happy. Back then i wasnt as big with rollercoasters but now that ive been on pretty much every "big coaster" in the East i really have MF in about the 5-10 range on my scale with I-305 at #1. It just blows me away they think MF is better than I-305. Anyway, i was surprised at the lack of forces on MF. Just imagine if they made the "airtime" hills about 15 feet shorter. Thankfully Intamin now is about the only manufature that makes awsome insane death trap coasters with their newer rides. I agree above^ that i think CP told Intamin to bild something bigger and faster than Magnum and nothing more. Either way i will be on MF again this year as i finally get back to the park!

Just saw this post on the CP Facebook page... Really?!

WHY(!!?!?!) the switch to Coca Cola instead of Pepsi products?!?

I am not a huge soda drinker, but usually succumb to a Mountain Dew at some point during the day, especially since this is tandem to whatever food we grab . . . and we usually stay 4-7 days at a time.

Hate to say, but this is one Platinum Pass holder that won't be spending a dime on soda or food this year . . . sorry, you've lost me. I'll make time during our day for a trip back to our hotel room.

Otherwise cannot wait for opening weekend and the hundreds of rides to log on GK!!!

Hate to say, but this is one Platinum Pass holder that won't be spending a dime on soda or food this year . . . sorry, you've lost me.

Yeah, that's a big mistake. I don't know if the rest of the population is the same way, but ginger kids pass out on roller coasters when they complain about amusement park food.

I'm not sure where it's at, I believe the parks facebook page, but I remember seeing someone complaining that because they were switching to Coke, more people would get sick because of what it does to your stomach, resulting in a more dirty park with vomit everywhere. And THEN they said something along the lines of: "Don't you know what happens to metal when Coke gets on it?! It eats it away! People are going to be spilling coke all over the coasters and they will become dangerous!

I'm not even kidding.

Millennium isnt the most thrilling ride after the drop but in all honesty I think that coaster was built for its speed and nothing much else... Us coaster enthusiest may find it boring but the GP loves it.

MF after the first drop is probably one of the most boring coaster experiences ever.

Millennium Force ranked 8th in Mitch's last steel poll. I respect the opinions of people who don't like it, but the most accurate and respected poll suggests it's a top ten ride.

My only visit in 08' I was so excited to ride "The World's Best RollerCoaster" and left not too happy. Back then i wasnt as big with rollercoasters but now that ive been on pretty much every "big coaster" in the East i really have MF in about the 5-10 range on my scale with I-305 at #1. It just blows me away they think MF is better than I-305.

Of course they will call it the #1 coaster (according to Amusement Today voters), that's called MARKETING! I'm a big car nut and you could get the same sentiment from automotive marketing with proclamations like, "This is the best ______"

My personal favorite at the Point is Maverick. It's all subjective anyways.

Edited by Tbcoasterfan

Dr. Pepper trumps any soda....but screw soda anyways! Once the sun sets the switch from water to beer is on!

Why wait that long?

Seriously though...to the poster above's point: MF ranks in the Top Ten in Mitch's coaster poll just about every year so it does have it's place as a very fun, well loved coaster by the GP and the coaster enthusiast community. I feel that some people just don't see it as being near (or at) #1 every year and that leads to a bit of jealousy or resentment towards the coaster.

To me, it is definitely the most fun ride at CP (especially at night), but who knows...maybe that will be eclipsed by Gatekeeper this year?

While MF is not my #1 coaster, it will most likely stay in my top five for quite some time. Our family has never gotten off that ride disappointed or not smiling and I would say that 99% of the other people on the train feel the same way. Whereas I have gotten off TTD and Maverick several times with people complaining about the shortness of it, restarints hurts their neck, gave them a headache, wasn't worth the long wait, etc.

I just don't hear those types of reactions from people exiting MF and I have ridden this coaster well over 100 times.

Going back to recent pics posted over at pointbuzz of gatekeeper, i'm still impressed with the size of gatekeeper.

http://pointbuzz.com/Photos/Gallery.aspx?id=729 These keyholes are huge, it's going to be visually amazing watching it go through them and riding it, head and leg choppers going by them back the other way.

Also some great interior views of clermont steel fabricating the track are in this Columbus area news segment.

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/wtte_ohiomade-roller-coaster-coming-cedar-point-21733.shtml

Also it's 60 degrees here in NEOH, that should help the construction process along!

Think this is the 1st time in a while that news crews were actually allowed inside of a B&M manufacturing plant.

Looks like there's still a lot of pieces to be completed. Great to see that the manufacturing is pushing along, along with vertical construction, unlike another park across the country...

Pretty good shots inside the B&M Plant considering they were very limited due to B&Ms protection over their manufacturing methods. Gatekeeper is looking better and better and I hope it can deliver a level of intensity similar to the new B&Ms in China.

Don't have a clue how it will ride, as I've yet to even ride a Wing coaster yet, but there's no question that this thing looks absolutely stunning! I am in awe of the colors and its placement along the lake.

Looking forward to returning to the Point (and the Breakers Friday's ) this year to take Gatekeeper for a spin!

Wow.

I really hope that there is no attempt to screw up what looks to be an insane amount of ejector air on that hill...and then what looks like a tight turn into the loop after.

This coaster is definitely showing a lot of promise....looking forward to watching the rest of this build over the winter!