TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I think if a trim is added to this ride, in order to curtail the inevitable bitching and moaning about the trims, a new word filter should be put in place for trims. How about "cookies"? I think that would be fantastic, a roller coaster with cookies!

I'm sure Robb will come up with a winning word, as long as the word replacement is not "Teddy Bridgewater"

trims 3rd person singular present, plural of trim

Verb

Make (something) neat or of the required size or form by cutting away irregular or unwanted parts.

Noun

Additional decoration, typically along the edges of something and in contrasting color or material.

Call trims "decorations"?

I'd just like to see B&M at least try to come up with a dramatic ending to ANY of their recent coasters, Gatekeeper included. Other than that I think it looks better and better with each new set of photos!

I'd just like to see B&M at least try to come up with a dramatic ending to ANY of their recent coasters, Gatekeeper included. Other than that I think it looks better and better with each new set of photos!

I think X-Flight has a pretty dramatic ending, granted I haven't been on it but the long inline twist with the near misses and the helix seems pretty exciting to me!

^ The fact that the dive off the mid-course is straight and not curved makes up for that. MCBRs on B&M hypers make the ride so much better.

I do like the straight drop vs a curved twist or over banked turn drop. Just after the the straight drop there just one small helix then the ride is over. It would be nice if there was an additional element or 2 between the MCBR and the final brake run.

I think X-Flight has a pretty dramatic ending, granted I haven't been on it but the long inline twist with the near misses and the helix seems pretty exciting to me!

The inline is indeed dramatic, but it's not the very end of the ride; that helix is. If the brakes came right after the twist, I would've thought "wow, that was incredible!". But with the helix, it gave me enough time to just think "Well that was better than average." I guess it all depends on what you consider the 'end'. Hooray for being pedantic?

Anyway I would've loved to see one of the inline twists put in Gatekeeper's layout; they sort of seem like the signature of the Wing Riders. It probably could've been done. Instead of the helix off the MCBR, it could've been a downward 3/4 twist and turn to the left, sort of like The Swarm's twist but entering from the other direction and angling down. Or maybe that would be completely idiotic. It's a tossup.

Isn't the inversion that goes back towards the station and over the front gate area considered an inline twist? The track does go up and down slightly over the gate area but I still think that the train is rotating in a relatively straight line through this part of the ride. It looks like the inversion will provide some near-misses around the keyhole elements as well.

It would, indeed, be better if there was something more between the MCBR and the end, like another inversion, for example. I have noticed that, lately, B&M have been placing MCBRs very close to the ride's end: shambhala at portaventura is one example, after the mid course there is just a turn and a small hill. However, this is way better than what they did with leviathan where the final break run is where the MCBR should be.

Still, I am really looking forward to riding gatekeeper next summer (let's just hope that is is more intense than the other B&M wingriders).