TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^The first thing I noticed on my first ride of Wild Eagle this past summer was that there were FAR more head/foot choppers than appeared from just watching videos or looking at pictures. The trains are so wide that it is deceiving how close certain things will be to the train. So far looking at Gatekeeper it's looking like the first drop through that support is going to be awesome on both sides of the train.

I'm not sure if anybody has said this, but I suppose you could say the first drop and Immelman make up the world's largest Norwegian Loop

Anyways, this ride looks incredible! I hope to get back to the park in the next 3 or 4 years, when the lines for this will be shorter...

^^Nice. I find it incredible that this place can be open 3 months a year, plus 2 months of weekends only and still make money. And yet it does.

Not only does it make money, it pulls in a huge crowd during that time. Usually over 3 million guests, which is more than any of the Six Flags parks (Including SFMM which is open year-round).

I'm not sure if anybody has said this, but I suppose you could say the first drop and Immelman make up the world's largest Norwegian Loop

Anyways, this ride looks incredible! I hope to get back to the park in the next 3 or 4 years, when the lines for this will be shorter...

I thought about the Norwegian Loop thing while I was there.

This is going to be a beautiful ride.

It's interesting that Cedar Point is getting this coaster in the post-Kinzel era. I remember reading an interview where Kinzel said Cedar Point would never get a B&M flyer because it was too gimmicky. I wonder if Kinzel would have nixed this coaster type, too? The wing coaster is pretty much the only logical choice for Cedar Point from the B&M catalog, and should at minimum provide some beautiful ocean views and a fun, smooth ride.

Kinzel is most likely the one that made the decision for a B&M Wing Coaster in Cedar Point. Remember, Ouimet has only been Cedar Fair CEO for less than a year.

Damn, you're absolutely right. For some reason I had it in my head Kinzel was gone since '08-'09.