TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Will this drop get the record of steepest? Near the top, the train will be moving downward at a greater angle than Takabisha?

The drop has an angle of 360°, making it a full circle--however it's clearly 180° .

And the drop really doesn't have any definitive steepness since it's an inversion.

You'd think the steepness record would go to the Screamin' Squirrels (180°), but those actually do not "drop". 180° is moving a straight horizontal direction.

Or inversions just don't count as drops.

Edited by trj820

Will this drop get the record of steepest? Near the top, the train will be moving downward at a greater angle than Takabisha?

The drop has an angle of 360°, making it a full circle--however it's clearly 180° .

And the drop really doesn't have any definitive steepness since it's an inversion.

You'd think the steepness record would go to the Screamin' Squirrels (180°), but those actually do not "drop". 180° is moving a straight horizontal direction.

Or inversions just don't count as drops.

^In these cases, they do. A drop is a drop, no-matter how you look at it.

New Photos up at pointbuzz.com/Photos/Gallery.aspx?id=719, final piece of the 170' hill.

If they really wanted to, it doesn't look like it would be difficult to re-develop the area next to Gatekeeper behind the midway games, with a path going between the old Space Spiral area and the large empty spot to the left of Ocean Motion.

I would also like to take a moment to point out that they're ripping up the parking lot in front of the entrance. Its probably fair to say that once all the coaster parts have been moved out of the lot they're building on, all of that will be ripped out too and rebuilt.

In current news, looks like they're working their way back up the other side of the drop into the second half of the inversion today. Its already going up.

Looks great! It also looks like they may have opened up a little bit of room for a decent sized flat!

Or a gigantic queue since Gatekeeper will likely have long lines, given it's the new hotness and at the park entrance. I think it will be the most popular ride in the park for a long time and I look forward to watching Lake Erie rotate upside down.

Looks great! It also looks like they may have opened up a little bit of room for a decent sized flat!

Or a gigantic queue since Gatekeeper will likely have long lines, given it's the new hotness and at the park entrance. I think it will be the most popular ride in the park for a long time and I look forward to watching Lake Erie rotate upside down.

I was thinking the same and with early admission for resort guests, I can only imagine what park openings are going to be like in the morning!

Hell, it'll be 2 in the afternoon before Mean Streak sees a rider that far back in the park LOL!

Edited by eddie200330

I think it will be the most popular ride in the park for a long time and I look forward to watching Lake Erie rotate upside down.

It's going to be nice to have an open view to the south on a tall coaster. Of course, you'll have maybe 4 or 5 seconds at the crest of the lift hill to enjoy it, before suddenly things start turning sideways...

This construction is really moving allong nicely its nice to cedar Point has not allowed the weather to slow down progress. I like that they are ripping the park lot instead of just placing the coaster on the parking lot

Of course they will remove pavement, SFMM has the patent on placing Roller Coasters on parking lots!!

I think it will be the most popular ride in the park for a long time and I look forward to watching Lake Erie rotate upside down.

It's going to be nice to have an open view to the south on a tall coaster. Of course, you'll have maybe 4 or 5 seconds at the crest of the lift hill to enjoy it, before suddenly things start turning sideways...

Isn't this the north face of the point?

This construction is really moving allong nicely its nice to cedar Point has not allowed the weather to slow down progress. I like that they are ripping the park lot instead of just placing the coaster on the parking lot

Of course they will remove pavement, SFMM has the patent on placing Roller Coasters on parking lots!!

I'm pretty sure they said it will be landscaped where the track crosses over the parking lot. Believe this was answered during a Q&A or something.

The beach is already looking like it's re-claiming itself with a proper beachside. Amazing how horrible you realize a structure was when its gone. Sorry DT, you were one heck of an eye sore if really fun to ride

The throw back colours look awesome.

The hotel news. This is good and very exciting! Has anyone ever stayed in the Bon Air wing of the Hotel Breakers? Anyone realize why the price was substantially discounted compared to the rest of Hotel Breakers? 1950's school boiler room smell, must, no elevators. Hotel Breakers used to be a historic treasure until they expanded without giving any thought on how to keep it such or at least maintain some character while expanding and modernizing. They turned it into a sprawling mess of mis-matched parts. You have the classic rotunda in the lobby that gives you a sense that things will be great and then you go to your room where it just goes nuts from there. From the Bon Air nasty wing to new addition wings, you have the typical Cedar Fair build quality and bland/ no sense of anything/ sterile architecture that feels like a high school built in the mid 90's or simply, Breakers Express. Anything that they can do to breathe life in this area I'm sure will go a long way and is great long term planning.

Although the room was kinda sorta..ok very nasty, I have to say that the staff and service has been awesome at every Cedar Point hotel that I've been able to stat at.

The hotels at Cedar Point are great look at how Cedar Fair can sterilize the character out of anything through corporate blandness. I'm happy that at CW, the only signs of this are at least limited to the Coasters restaurant, the Behemoth entry plaza/ queue/ station and a few ride op booths. Since the change in leadership, we have Leviathan that blends into its area very nicely with an incredible entry plaza, sign, queue and station. It is far from being typical Cedar Fair-ish. There could be hope!

I've only booked Bon Air once, but didn't actually stay there since due to being full they bumped us up to a tower room.

I normally book Sandcastle since it's a bit cheaper then Breakers, and the extra pull out couch works well for my group. Plus wall mounted LCDs instead of the 1980 era CRTs in Breakers.