TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Speaking of Space Spiral. Someone put together a great documentary about the ride's history and really reminds you about how significant the ride was as it was the icon for the park for most of it's time before being forgotten about when rides like Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster came around.

For those that have been to Cedar Point this weekend and the past, has Mean Streak been open? I know the past 2 Halloweekends that I've been to, it's closed early to start on the off-season maintenance. Just curious cause I never actually knew if this was an annual thing or the past 2 years that I've gone, they'd decided to close it to start work on it early before the snow flies.

I know these types of questions get posted all the time, but any advice would be greatly appreciated:

Headed to Cedar Point for the first time here on October 13th and 14th. Already have Fast Lane passes reserved for the 13th (Saturday). How are crowds usually during October? With the Fast Lane passes, is there really a great need to have a particular "route" in mind?

I know these types of questions get posted all the time, but any advice would be greatly appreciated:

Headed to Cedar Point for the first time here on October 13th and 14th. Already have Fast Lane passes reserved for the 13th (Saturday). How are crowds usually during October? With the Fast Lane passes, is there really a great need to have a particular "route" in mind?

Saturday crowds during HalloWeekends are ENORMOUS . Expect EVERY ride to have a full que, plus some. Fast pass IS the best way to go.

As for a route.

Try heading for Maverick, Dragster, Millennium or Raptor first. Those will be the worst of them all. Since you have fast lane, it shouldn't be too bad. Although this is the first HalloWeekends for the Fast Lane at CP, so I can't really give you a good estimate on what FL lines will be like. I'm sure even the FL lines will be longer than usual. Try out some of the haunts too.

This is going to be a very interesting off-season.

Might actually keep track of this from start to finish.

Since no-one else brought this up. Who else thinks GateKeeper will pull g's like on Tatsu's Pretzel Loop? The wing over drop and the Pretzel loop have similar design. Although GateKeeper's will be larger and go much faster. So, judging from that, I'd say GK's "wing over drop" will be even more intense than Tatsu's PL.

Of course when your laying down, the G's will hit your whole body. Truly making it one-of-a-kind. Well, not really. (Manta, S:UF)

^ I am going to say just by looking at the designs that Tatsu's pretzel loop will still be more intense. I think this because Tatsu has speed built up going into the pretzel look while on Gate Keepers "Roll Over" your probably only going like 10mph if that. Not to mention that laying down through the inversion on Tatsu puts some very intense forces on your body due to its laying down position compared to a more normal sitting position.

It is also reported, that troika will reopen this weekend as well.

I did overhear the Giant Wheel crew talking about having to schedule for Troika next weekend. I'm not surprised they are reopening it now since the insane crowds are about to start arriving and they are already down the capacity of 3 rides since last years Halloweekends.