TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Geat pictures, I love seeing aerial pictures of any park especially Cedar Point (probably one of the most photogenic parks in the world).

Ugh,those pictures of Mean Streak really make me wish that ride wasn't so average. It's one of the best looking wooden coasters in the world, and just towers over that section of the park. I know they've done a lot of work in the off season and it's running better now than before but honestly it never was any better just okay. I'm still in favor of some sort of Rocky Mountain style re-hab even though it may not happen.

You don't often see ariel shots of parks and Cedar point has a great location for them!

Thanks for sharing, do you fancy coming and covering some European parks too?

I would love to do that lol, unfortunately I don't have the money to do that.

By the way I'm in the process of getting all the pictures touched up. Would everyone like me to host them somewhere at full quality and then post the link?

This ride can go one of two ways:

1. Unbearably painful, if sitting in wrong seat or not standing correctly.

2. Relatively smooth, and an overall very enjoyable ride.

Just make sure you've got some "room" before the restraints lock. And avoid any seat past half-train.

^I usually find that when rides need to be "ridden correctly" or else you'll have a bad ride, they're probably not that great of a ride. Even rides like Magnum or Skyrush will hurt me, but despite that I still consider them amazing rides. In my opinion, it's not only that Mantis is rough or the restraint system is terribly bad, I just think the layout is boring. Especially the second half. I would definitely not consider it a jewel...

That aside, the coverage is pretty cool! I always like finding hidden things from ride construction that you don't commonly see floating around. It's funny to see how far computer rendrering has gone

I'm not at the computer right now (I'm answering from my phone) but I remember when I would right click on them they were like 7mb. They're pretty large, they open larger than my computer screen though lol. (I'm no expert here so I hope that answered your question)

Thats plenty good, just let me know or post 'em here when you can. It'll be appreciated!

As for Mantis, when I worked the ride I learned how to ride it, and when the trims are off and the MCBR isn't grabbing its actually quite spectacular. Unfortunately that rarely ever happens, so

If it helps any the ride is at its best usually toward the end of the day, it can haul a$$ through the first half and get quite whippy through the corkscrew after the MCBR.

^I usually find that when rides need to be "ridden correctly" or else you'll have a bad ride, they're probably not that great of a ride. Even rides like Magnum or Skyrush will hurt me, but despite that I still consider them amazing rides. In my opinion, it's not only that Mantis is rough or the restraint system is terribly bad, I just think the layout is boring. Especially the second half. I would definitely not consider it a jewel...

This exactly. And to add to that, I am not a fan AT ALL of stand up coasters. The only one I can stand to ride is Georgia Scorcher since it is usually a smooth ride with a fun layout. Mantis besides looking impressive in its location, did absolutely nothing for me.