TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

CoasterCounter has become a bit of a cluster since becoming a wiki. I just count whatever I was planning to and ignore the rest. You have to go over to RideCounter in order to change the designation of Shoot the Rapids. I would, but it already has an entry under Log Flumes, and I really don't feel like wading into this nonsense. But if you want to fix it somehow, more power to you. I think what the site needs is a few ground rules and some light moderation.

^ I never that the stapling problem, maybe it's because I'm taller which helped prevent it? I thought it was quite comfortable other than the qdc's which I am growing to love with a bit of defensive riding.

I use defensive riding techniques as well. I'm 6'3", so maybe I pull down a bit on the lap bar and don't realize it? Anyway, it's still a fantastic coaster!

I don't like it when a park builds a ride that is just one unpowered hill away from being a roller coaster. Example - Pilgrim's Plunge vs DiVertical.

Does it prevent you from enjoying the ride?

If there isn't the aspergerlicious obsession with counting and rating every ride, what's the point of this hobby???

^Have fun traveling with your friends riding roller coasters? I know that's not nearly as exciting as counting coasters and posting about roller coasters on the internet though.

Edited by Jew

I don't like it when a park builds a ride that is just one unpowered hill away from being a roller coaster. Example - Pilgrim's Plunge vs DiVertical.

Does it prevent you from enjoying the ride?

If there isn't the aspergerlicious obsession with counting and rating every ride, what's the point of this hobby???

I'm actually diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome (if I'm even interpreting your post right, is this what you are talking about?), although that has been doubted.

www.latimes.com/travel/deals/themeparks/la-trb-cedar-point-magic-mountain-7201125-pg,0,4833394.photogallery

I was intrigued for the most part.

-Agree with everything except for 8 and 10.

-11 and 13 are outdated.

-Everything page 13 and beyond made absolutely NO sense

This guy..........

Any one else notice that they used a picture of Riddlers Revenge for Scream? I just died seeing that.

^Yea, it was a little odd. But overall, I really only disagreed with two of his picks. ...Raptor/Batman and MF/X2. The way I see it, from top to bottom SFMM has the better collection, while CP's top 3 (MF, TTD, Maverick) beats anything the Mountain has to offer.

That's a fair assessment in relation to the article, but taking everything else into consideration, SFMM lacks flats, whereas CP has some very nice ones. Also, CP is more vacation-like to me. It feels more like a park you spend a few days at than SFMM. Just my opinion though...

^Yea, it was a little odd. But overall, I really only disagreed with two of his picks. ...Raptor/Batman and MF/X2. The way I see it, from top to bottom SFMM has the better collection, while CP's top 3 (MF, TTD, Maverick) beats anything the Mountain has to offer.

That's a fair assessment in relation to the article, but taking everything else into consideration, SFMM lacks flats, whereas CP has some very nice ones. Also, CP is more vacation-like to me. It feels more like a park you spend a few days at than SFMM. Just my opinion though...

Thats how I always look at this situation. People who are die hard fans of both places "swear on their lives" that their park is better.

Honestly, the only way MM even compares to Cp is simply their coasters. CP has them beat in every other category. How do people see these parks as similar/comparable beyond coasters? This remains a mystery to me..

While Magnum and Goliath are closest in height, it's really apples and oranges other than that. I think Magnum should have gotten the win. Goliath should have been compared to MF though, and Cedar Point still gets the win. They probably should have paired up Magnum and Viper, also apples and oranges really, but a bit more fair of a comparison.

Also, how old is that? I thought it was old when they showed Deja VU, but then they have Green Lantern on it.

Thats how I always look at this situation. People who are die hard fans of both places "swear on their lives" that their park is better.

Honestly, the only way MM even compares to Cp is simply their coasters. CP has them beat in every other category. How do people see these parks as similar/comparable beyond coasters? This remains a mystery to me..

True C.P. is more of a "vacation destination" than the Mountain. I grew up in Cleveland (so this was my home park), and know how good the employees have been (past tense) at C.P. I go to M.M. more frequently now because of the rides, and personally I find the employees much better and very hospitable. I know many will differ with me, but things changed at C.P. about 4 or 5 years ago and have never been the same.