TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

And Great America is going Mother-F!

I'm sure they are pretty much used to Cedar Point one-upping them every 1-2 years after they put in their latest big installment. Shockwave begets Magnum, Batman begets Raptor, Raging Bull begets Millennium Force, V2 begets Wicked Twister, and now X-Flight begets Gatekeeper.

We'll see. X-Flight has that massive inline twist which I think is the best element on the coaster and I was really hoping Gatekeeper would have one as well, but the epic key hole and zero g roles may make up for that.

I'm sure they are pretty much used to Cedar Point one-upping them every 1-2 years after they put in their latest big installment. Shockwave begets Magnum, Batman begets Raptor, Raging Bull begets Millennium Force, V2 begets Wicked Twister, and now X-Flight begets Gatekeeper.

This whole post makes me

Looks amazing. Talk about finding a way to bring some life to the front of the park. Maybe one of these is in store for Knotts?

The only part I don't like is after the MCBR, it looks like it kinda meanders through the helix as the last part of the ride. From what I remember that seems to be a signature of the rides at Cedar Point. It's almost like they could have skipped an inversion before the MCBR (perhaps the dive loop on the other side of the entrance), then used one after the MCBR to make the last bit not so blah.

But a very nice looking coaster that will be reliable. I'm sure CP will be great at running its highest capacity.

I have been on wild eagle and when I heard the rumors earlier this year cedar point would be building a wing coaster of their own I had pretty high expectations. I believe this ride will meet those expectations just based on the info we have now, of course I won't know for sure until I ride the thing. My only complaint which is really minor is the name gatekeeper is pretty lame in my opinion.

WOW, what an addition for CP! I was always wondering when B&M would make its way back to the park (saying that Mantis was the last installation in '96!), and what a huge way to do it! I love the name, adore the layout and absolutely blown away by the keyhole over the gates, definitely going to grab guests coming in that way! I agree with BlakeCoaster about the ending though, it seems like the MCBR isn't totally necessary because all the ride does is the helix then pull up into the breaks, similarly like the ending to Intimidator, but it sure hugs the ground so I'm sure that thought will leave my mind when I ride it, way to go CP & B&M!

Not sure what is lame about "GateKeeper", it's a name that implies gargoyles and being watched from above. This is Cedar Fair, home of "Intimidator _Insert Height Here_", "Millenium Force" (what the hell is a Millenium Force?), "Flight Deck", "_Insert Xtreme Word Here_ Hawk", and more "Flight Deck". Frankly, GateKeeper is one of the better coaster name Cedar Fair has come up with in recent years.