TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Even with the leaked layout I still wonder what " They will be set free" means. Guess we're going to find out tomorrow.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe the leak was on purpose, and there's something else coming to the point

But with what we've seen so far, I really like this. I haven't been a fan of the other wingriders but this looks just phenomenal. Great job CP.

I would like to complain about something on this ride, I really would, but you know what? I can't. It just looks like a crazy - fun ride and gives me yet another reason to visit CP. I do really like the fly over the front gate, really neat touch.

Edited by Tmcdllr

This plus a RMC treatment to Mean Streak, ought to solidify their claim to being Roller Coaster Capital of the world.

Nice color choice too.

Don't hold your breath on the RMC comment. It's already been addressed by management last year at Coastermania as too expensive.

This looks like a great ride. I think CP needed another B&M coaster, can't wait to see this thing fly!

Two zero-g-rolls! How are they on Wingriders by the way, compared to sitdowns and inverts? The dive loop looks pretty sweet, and the first drop would be great being as tall as it is...and that corkscrew is massive. After the mid-course breaks, I'd be surprised if there isn't an inline twist like on X-Flight or Swarm.

Not liking the name...kinda lame and they are pushing the "zomg it goes over the gate" thing a little much

But I am loving the ride!

Looks like a great layout and I've not done a wingrider before. Already planning CP 2013 : D

No limits on ride POV. Not sure how it ended so I just tried to connect it.

Really nice work, but I don't think there is a roll off the block brake. Looking carefully it looks more like a straight drop off into the left helix, and then a bunny hop, then the turn into the brake. The angle makes the rise into the bunny hill look like a roll after the brakes. I think the roll would be way better if it turns out I'm wrong though. Oh, and I hope you are wrong about the trims on the big air hill. Knowing B&M though you are probably right on target there.

The layout looks awesome, definitely the sort of thing I'd expect for Cedar Point. I even like the name and placement. It looks like B&M mixed their American wingrider layouts with a hyper, which should be very good. I agree that it'll probably be one of CP's best rides when it opens.

My only criticism would be that I'd like to start seeing more wingriders built like X-Raptor, with lots of scenery and landscape interaction. I thought those aspects made it a much better ride than Swarm. However, I don't think this particular layout (or the park) really lend themselves to a ride with lots of near misses, so it's kind of a moot point here.

I don't think there is a roll off the block brake. Looking carefully it looks more like a straight drop off into the left helix, and then a bunny hop, then the turn into the brake.

Your right. Hopefully that helix has some decent forces. Regardless that's a pretty short section after the MCBR, makes you wonder why it really even needs one.

Your right. Hopefully that helix has some decent forces. Regardless that's a pretty short section after the MCBR, makes you wonder why it really even needs one.

It's to ensure there can be 3 trains on the track at once. A train can only clear the lift hill if the train infront of it has cleared a brake section so if there were a roll back after the brake, the trains won't crash.

I don't think there is a roll off the block brake. Looking carefully it looks more like a straight drop off into the left helix, and then a bunny hop, then the turn into the brake.

So there can be three train operation! This is a good thing!

EDIT: ^Beat me to it!

I feel that this is worth disaster transports removal. but how will Cedar Point make up the difference in the coaster count with Six Flags Magic Mountain? are they giving up on the competition or do they have something else up their sleeve?

Do you think Meanstreak would be fully retracked?

Edited by Kilosandwich

Follow up question: when i was at Michigan's adventure two months ago i noticed large piles of timber on site and a large amount of construction equipment in the back of the park as well as small ponds of water. i think that these are probably maintenance equipment and fire pools but are they something else?

I've only had a slight interest in the wing coasters up until this point. Gatekeeper looks friggin' fantastic and the nice clean looking B&M style will make the entrance look amazing. I cannot wait until next season, just wish this thing could be transported from the future so I could ride it when I'm there in a couple of weeks haha.

I understand what it's for, it just doesn't seem like it would have too much use that late into the circuit with so little track afterwards. Right, in terms of operation, a MCBR is only useful with a 3 train operation. It's always appeared to me that the train is never sent out of the station until the train in front has cleared the MCBR, this might just be because they are still loading passengers, but if that's the case then it doesn't matter which of those is the reason. Then with so little track after it, that 1st train is going to stack behind the 3rd for most of the time it's being loaded, So in theory (in my mind anyways) There would only be 10-15 seconds of time that 3rd train is filling (the time it takes to get from the MCBR to the final brakes).

I've heard the other wing riders load slower than the typical B&M, likely do to having to regulate guests loading and exiting on 2 sides of the train at the same time. This ride is longer in length, but it is the only wing rider that will have a MCBR.