TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

There will always be complaints; we are critics and have opinions. It's nothing very serious here... it's in the name of fun. We take it too seriously - or take others comments too seriously - or both. None of it really matters. We will all be there to ride it first chance we get.

The gold in the logo looks great. The colors are the same as Avalanche Bobsleds

First, I do like the logo though it looks more like a phoenix than a gatekeeper. I thought this was supposed to be some sort of gargoyle thing (which would have been a cool theme).

Second, I''m very impressed with the look of Gatekeeper. It's definitely not what I expected. I was expecting the elongated in-line twist like X Flight has going over the gate. That's going to be a serious leg chopper going through both keyholes. Now I wonder if they will incorporate the elongated in-line twist at the end like Swarm, which would be sweet to see from maXair.

I'm actually happy they are finally upgrading the main gate though I hope the double keyhole will be more than how it's depicted. I also hope this includes a new season pass office, which CP desperately needs to expand to make it much more efficient than what it is.

CP shouldn't be upset that it was leaked. We already pretty much knew the basic layout of the ride already.

Second, I''m very impressed with the look of Gatekeeper. It's definitely not what I expected. I was expecting the elongated in-line twist like X Flight has going over the gate. That's going to be a serious leg chopper going through both keyholes. Now I wonder if they will incorporate the elongated in-line twist at the end like Swarm, which would be sweet to see from maXair.

I was kind of hoping for an inline twist too. That was one of the best parts of X-Flight, I thought. Still, everything else on this ride looks completely kickass. Especially the airtime hill. Plus, who knows what happens after the MCBR.

We already pretty much knew the basic layout of the ride already.

I certainly didn't. I literally let out a squeal of delight when I saw what it looks like in 3D.

I'm loving the look of this layout and all of the elements. It's going to be a nice long ride which is a nice change from all of the rather modest lengths we've seen so far on these. X-Flight and Wild Eagle are an ok length, but hardly long rides in my opinion.

I'm going to assume that besides the keyholes, the entrance isn't even in that rendering. I'm betting that the final product of the new entrance wasn't given to the people who rendered the coaster besides the parts the coaster were part of. Perhaps this is CP's way of still having more plans yet to be revealed, or maybe they just didn't bother to include it. Either way I'd be willing to bet pretty heavily on that not being all we will see for the entrance next season. That hardly even replaces what they have there right now. All I see are the turnstiles in there.

There are still no quick links this morning. I think this leak was a mistake last night. We'll know officially in 31 or so hours. So far to me it looks great! It's a B&M, so I should love it. No Intamin QDC's - quick direction changes. All I can say is it's about time for a new coaster at the Point.

I was kind of hoping for an inline twist too. That was one of the best parts of X-Flight, I thought. Still, everything else on this ride looks completely kickass. Especially the airtime hill. Plus, who knows what happens after the MCBR.

We already pretty much knew the basic layout of the ride already.

I certainly didn't. I literally let out a squeal of delight when I saw what it looks like in 3D.

A Zero G Roll through two keyholes, about 100' above the midway, that's 10X better than a standard inline twist!

Is there any chance at all that this coaster opens before opening day next year?

You mean will it open at all this season? Disaster Transport is still not completely demo'ed and Space Spiral still stands in Gatekeeper's path. No vertical construction has startedso there's no way it will be running until next Spring.

Gatekeeper Hairtime fan-club now has two members

Judging by the Drop(s) to hill ratio, it's either some serious floater--or extreme ejector. Either way this hill is designed to ALWAYS deliver aitime, this is a TRUE B&M camel.

This looks like a great addition to Cedar Point. I can't wait to ride it!

I can't think of a single reason anyone would complain about this ride. It's aesthetically pleasing, it opens up the view of the beach, it looks like it will be an exciting ride with some cool near-misses and it should liven up a pretty dead midway.

This looks like a great addition to Cedar Point. I can't wait to ride it!

I can't think of a single reason anyone would complain about this ride. It's aesthetically pleasing, it opens up the view of the beach, it looks like it will be an exciting ride with some cool near-misses and it should liven up a pretty dead midway.

The Games area is guaranteed 200% increase in attendance next year. I like how B&M/CP incorperated the Lift>Dive Drop>Immealmann-combo into the same chunk of land, Smart.

This must be one of the world's tallest loopers, no? It's been a while since the last tall/fast chain lift looper. Very long too, looks great.

This coaster has the chance to be;

Tallest Looping Roller Coaster: Current record holder is Viper @MM 188'. Watch gatekeeper only be 177' Or if not, we can settle for 2nd.

Tallest Inversion: In-line twist before main drop. This is almost guaranteed! It just needs to be over 155'

Either way, it's still the KING in every category when it comes to wing rider coasters, nothing wrong with that!

^ Isn't the tallest looping coaster Griffon? Pretty sure 205' beats 188'. Unless you are only counting rides that have actual loops and not inversion, but then GateKeeper wouldn't qualify either. I doubt this will take that record, however it could take the record for tallest inversion with the drop.