TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I wonder why Space Spiral had to be removed for this? Doesn't look like it was in the way. I hope there's a big midway improvement over by the station (and I hope the station isn't on the maXair midway axis - so the lake is visible).

I wonder why Space Spiral had to be removed for this? Doesn't look like it was in the way. I hope there's a big midway improvement over by the station (and I hope the station isn't on the maXair midway axis - so the lake is visible).

From the looks of it. Space Spiral would of been nearly on par to the station, not exactly the best look for a new ride.

By the way, if they're going for the tallest and fastest wing rider in the world, they're not going to include Intamin wing riders and Arrow/S&S 4D's are they? Because if they do, they have to top 80mph (Furius Baco) and 250ft (Eejanaika). I'm guessing they mean the tallest and fastest B&M wing rider in the world, though that still means they have to top Wild Eagle's 210ft.

Now I wouldn't count the 4D coasters in with Wing Riders because 4D coasters seats start out facing backwards and spin 360 degrees while a Wing Rider stays facing forward and doesn't spin. So the Coaster needs to still beat Furius Baco (80 mph) and Wild Eagle (210 ft) to be the tallest and fastest Wing Rider.

Any estimates on the height? I see 67 mph, looks to be what, 170?

170 sounds about right. It looks pretty close to Wicked Twister.

You do know that WT is 215ft tall right? Not sure what 170 would have to do with WT...

Oh, this looks FANTASTIC. What another GREAT centerpiece for the parks entrance. Raptor and Gatekeeper. I might just go back and forth between the two.

^^Wild Eagle is not that tall, it just happens to go up a natural hill. To me, lift height is the difference in height between the top of the lift hill and the ground below it. Otherwise, someone could just build a lift hill up the side of a mountain and have it be a wild mouse after that and still claim to have the "tallest" in the world.

Any estimates on the height? I see 67 mph, looks to be what, 170?

170 sounds about right. It looks pretty close to Wicked Twister.

You do know that WT is 215ft tall right? Not sure what 170 would have to do with WT...

Oh, this looks FANTASTIC. What another GREAT centerpiece for the parks entrance. Raptor and Gatekeeper. I might just go back and forth between the two.

Well hopefully Raptor will have shorter lines mid-day than the times I've went!

^^Wild Eagle is not that tall, it just happens to go up a natural hill. To me, lift height is the difference in height between the top of the lift hill and the ground below it. Otherwise, someone could just build a lift hill up the side of a mountain and have it be a wild mouse after that and still claim to have the "tallest" in the world.

Thank you.

Another Example: Superman @ MM gets it's height because the tower's base is at a lower elevation than the launch track.

Something like this...i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g399/ShippudenMan/sts.png

You get a 415' Tower, 380' View, and a 328' Drop.

Yet Another Six Flags Gimmick

The ride can coin every other title, except "Highest" It's still the tallest self supported.

Edited by JonnyRCT3

Quite Honestly I can't begin to imagine the mass confusion of people at the front gate the first few weeks this is open. Frontier Trail will be dead now. I also think this is quite possibly the tackiest location of a big ride I have ever seen. It reminds me of the Wally World sign when they first get there in Vacation.Oh, and no one has bitched about the parking lot coaster at CP??

Quite Honestly I can't begin to imagine the mass confusion of people at the front gate the first few weeks this is open. Frontier Trail will be dead now. I also think this is quite possibly the tackiest location of a big ride I have ever seen. It reminds me of the Wally World sign when they first get there in Vacation.Oh, and no one has bitched about the parking lot coaster at CP??

But it's not a parking lot coaster......

In one of the pics there are supports and track going over the lot.

In one of the pics there are supports and track going over the lot.

So Leviathan and Magnum XL-200 are parking lot coasters too? Heck, Leviathan goes into the parking lot! They both cross roadways, Just Like Gatekeeper.

You want a parking lot coaster, go here https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.428620,-118.597988&spn=0.003192,0.002951&t=h&q=Scream!%4034.428620,-118.597988

Edited by JonnyRCT3

It doesnt go over the parking lot. Only the supports do. Its not a parking lot coaster if its all over grass, unless there will be parking there.

Frontier Trail needs Mean Streak to be destroyed and GCI/TGG to be installed or RMC'd. Until then, not even Maverick can haul in enough people back there. Everyone congregates there and swiftly moves back to the middle/front of the park. Im sure in due time (next capital investment) will be back there. Maybe (hopefully) dealing with that waste of space called Mean Streak. Terrible ridership anyways.

^ Track does NOT go over the lot. Goes over a path connecting the lot to the park. Of which Im sure will be employee only or will be more covered. If thats your definition of parking lot coaster you are reaching really far for that.

Those grassy areas don't exist. The may be put there in the future, but for right now it is all blacktop.

But if there is no coaster there, how can it be a parking lot coaster. Is this coaster not good enough for you, why are you already bashing it?

It doesnt go over the parking lot. Only the supports do. Its not a parking lot coaster if its all over grass, unless there will be parking there.

Frontier Trail needs Mean Streak to be destroyed and GCI/TGG to be installed or RMC'd. Until then, not even Maverick can haul in enough people back there. Everyone congregates there and swiftly moves back to the middle/front of the park. Im sure in due time (next capital investment) will be back there. Maybe (hopefully) dealing with that waste of space called Mean Streak. Terrible ridership anyways.

^ Track does NOT go over the lot. Goes over a path connecting the lot to the park. Of which Im sure will be employee only or will be more covered. If thats your definition of parking lot coaster you are reaching really far for that.

Sadly, I am less than optimistic that CP will remove/replace Mean Streak any time soon.

Any part of the ride be it the track or supports that falls within the parking lot automatically makes it a parking lot coaster, but that does not mean there is anything wrong with it.

Leviathan: The Parking Lot Coaster