TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Hinting at Raptor and "edge", there was no doubt before, but it's definitely a B&M Coaster.

The animation for the coaster seems to be great, just pan over a bit more.........this is such a tease . CP knows how to advertise, becuase they have me on the edge of my seat

anyone else notice the "top" of the gate.

^ I did a cached search on google and it has a line that says "Hac risus enim turpis elit. In sit penatibus" It translates in Latin to "For more ideas on this here. Is in the home"

I have no clue what that means, but I'd say the site address kinda confirms the name.

^ I did a cached search on google and it has a line that says "Hac risus enim turpis elit. In sit penatibus" It translates in Latin to "For more ideas on this here. Is in the home"

I have no clue what that means, but I'd say the site address kinda confirms the name.

Web designers use gibberish Latin as placeholder text. Wouldn't read too much into it.

Web designers use gibberish Latin as placeholder text. Wouldn't read too much into it.

It's called Lorem ipsum:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

I received a big ole' box from the wonderful Marketing team at Cedar Point today. I can't imagine how hectic things are for them with the upcoming announcement, and yet they made time to go scout out some more awesome stuff from the demo site for GKTW to auction off!

I opened the first flap and literally screamed with excitement as I saw a little section of neon orange and blue peeking through--

DangerHighVoltageWeb.JPG.9c9ef58da41ab30c44f54f2d0a2d604c.JPG

My co-workers first thought I had won the lottery, and then started shaking their heads at how I excited I was over an old, handmade sign. "You don't understand!" I said, trying to reassure them I wasn't crazy. I'm going to be honest, I was a little nervous to pick it up after seeing it from a distance for all those years. It was definitely a surreal moment I won't forget.

Wait, there's more! I believe this "Detour" sign, which hung at the top of the stairs after the turnstile, was there even earlier...as part of the original theming--

detourweb.JPG.adf8353c0093adc7ef70e232ffabf6c7.JPG

How awesome would this be in your house?

So here's your chance, TPR'ers, to buy some totally awesome, historic Cedar Point memorabilia and actually have an excuse to tell your non-coaster lovin' friends and family..."it's for charity!" There you go, totally justifiable!

Thank you for your support .

So I wonder how intentional the "The Gatekeeper" page going live was? If the ride ends up being called that... ummm I highly doubt that... I would say accident, but as far as I can see the most attention for any 2013 attraction has gone to Outlaw Run, anyway point being seems like they were trying to create some buzz on another big reveal.

It's called Lorem ipsum:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

Ah nice, as much as I am a nerd in so many things, web design and computer code sort of stuff is not one of them. Thanks for the info.

I haven't commented much on CP developments, but I love the teasers. The Avalanche and Disaster thing eluding to the site of the new ride and the Mantis/Banshee thing hinting toward B&M and who knows what else. It's fun when the parks play on their history.

Cedar Point won't do anything with Sonic because it doesn't have any sponsorship with Sonic. Also because that's a stupid idea and it sucks. Although Wikipedia informs me that the Sonic sponsorship contract in Alton Towers is set to expire in 2013. But even then, Sonic won't come to CP, because that's a stupid idea and it sucks.

Cedar Point won't do anything with Sonic because it doesn't have any sponsorship with Sonic. Also because that's a stupid idea and it sucks. Although Wikipedia informs me that the Sonic sponsorship contract in Alton Towers is set to expire in 2013. But even then, Sonic won't come to CP, because that's a stupid idea and it sucks.

That whole comment made me chuckle, But do we see cedar point incorporating the fallen rides in the new one? Such as the "gatekeeper" or whatever it is, holds possession over fallen rides everywhere and tries to "re-birth" them? I don't know, just a stupid idea.

Lance on Screamscape reported a rumor today that Gate Keeper will include two "key hole" inversions. What is a key hole inversion?

2013 - Gate Keeper / Wing Coaster - Semi-Confirmed - (8/9/12) After all the fuss and thoughts about different possible names for Cedar Point’s 2013 coaster, the one that keeps coming back again and again is Gate Keeper. The latest development on the Gate Keeper theme will see the coaster actually soar over a new main entrance to the park twice, and be themed to a sort of Gargoyle guardian character. I’ve also been told to expect to see Gate Keeper perform two “key hole” inversions stunts along the route.