TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Why would CP's announcement even hint at another addition outside of the park in a future year?The announcements are usually specific to the park in question.I have a feeling this will use a nice shade of blue based on the graphic on the banner rather than green...I'm thinking kinda like Manta's color scheme more than MF's & certainly nostinger/leviathan's rather hideous colors.

Holy cow... think about that last clue and their most recent facebook post (along with what's below)

"We have a thing for numbers"

"That puts us at 15 when we had been at 17 at the beginning of the season.We lost two coasters already this season and I know that we don't like to be behind in our coaster standings. So stay tuned..."

"They will be set free"

"0 7 91 97 21 2"

If I'm seeing that code right...goosebumps..

Post edit, a new tweet...

http://ow.ly/i/P3lD

"They will be set free"

as in more than one? /quote]

Now that you mention it, I wouldn't be surprised to see CP get a new kiddie coaster or maybe a small family coaster along with their big coaster. Jr. Gemini and Woodstock have both been there awhile and are at the opposite end of the park. Maybe Space Spiral was taken out for a second coaster?

Holy cow... think about that last clue and their most recent facebook post (along with what's below)

"We have a thing for numbers"

"That puts us at 15 when we had been at 17 at the beginning of the season.We lost two coasters already this season and I know that we don't like to be behind in our coaster standings. So stay tuned..."

"They will be set free"

"0 7 91 97 21 2"

If I'm seeing that code right...goosebumps..

Genius. As for the goosebumps, I'm right there with you!

One WIngrider and one coaster thats good maybe? I kid, but they only have so much money to spend so probably not on the dueling. I could see them building a WR and a kiddie coaster. Would there be any way they would lie about the up-coming capital investment?

I have to admit, I am caring about this less since riding Wild Eagle. I certainly didn't hate it but I don't think Cedar Points line-up is screaming for a Wingrider. I know for fact an Intamin woodie would kick ass on that beach for the next 20 years and be in the top 10 easily. Whatever WIngrider they build will be hard pressed to be better than Raptor.

^Could a decent-length dueling wing coaster coast $20-$25 million dollars? The largest wing coaster - Wild Eagle - was 20 million. Somebody made their estimate of a Cedar Point wing coaster on Youtube-

It is a length of 4250 feet, if this layout is true. Given this layout, I'm going to do some math - the approximate average cost of a wing coaster per foot-

Wild Eagle - 20 million usd - 6395.91 per foot

X-Flight - 12-15 million according to Wikipedia, I'll use the high estimate - 5000 per foot

Swarm- 20 million pounds - 31,284,000 USD (Expensive?) - 12302 per foot

No word on the price of Raptor, so 12302+5000+6395.91 is 23697.9 (rounded from 23697.91) , and 23697.9/3 is about 7899.3

So 4250 times 7899.3 is 33,572,025, so ONE wing coaster would be over budget. However, the converted figure for Swarm seems expensive, so let's do MORE averaging, using only the American wing coasters.

6395.91+5000 = 11395.9

So the American average is $5697.95.

$24,216,287.5 would be the approximate cost of a 4,250 foot wing coaster. Therefore, a racing wing rider would be a whopping $48,432,575. Something tells me selling DT and Wilcat for scrap wouldn't make that up...

So, if the $25 million includes the construction cost, we'll probably see under 4,250 feet of track, considering I'd think it would take more than 800,000 dollars to demolish DT, but who knows?

As for a "junior" wing rider, LOL. B&M hasn't made any junior coaster yet, but something tells me that a junior Wing Rider is a somewhat decent idea.

Therefore, a racing wing rider would be a whopping $48,432,575. Something tells me selling DT and Wilcat for scrap wouldn't make that up...

To my knowledge, a park doesn't "save up" to build a new attraction - they allocate a budget and take a risk that the attraction will pay itself off in several years. Disaster Transport, Space Spiral, and Wildcat probably have their own budgets that have nothing to do with the new project.

Here's my thoughts on the wing riders so far... 3 of them have great theming so how much of their price is from theming? While with wild eagle the Excavation done with the project was pretty extensive, so their is another huge expense with a wing rider. So I mean the cost of the coaster itself probably isn't as much as we are estimating. I'm sure they are expensive, but less than what price tag we see.

^^^ Well, considering all of the wing riders being ~3000 ft. in length, i would assume that the CP wingrider would be longer, but not 4250 ft. My guess would be around 3500 ft. to 3750 ft. With a the 3750 ft. length combined with your price per foot, you get slightly more than $21 million. That leaves $4 Million left over, and based on the clues, which suggest that they might put 2 coasters in. After a quick check, i found that Kirnu cost around 3.7 Million.

Seems like a reasonable plan to me.

Isn't there two banners in the park now? One at Disaster Transport, and one near Kiddy Kingdom?

My guess is a new B&M and a new kiddie credit!

Unless it's a different area I'm thinking of, Kiddy Kingdom is basically right by DT, so they may both refer to the same thing. But still, the use of "they" does interest me nonetheless.