TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Yeah, I doubt it would be easy to sneak a camera on it with bright light and two MCBRs which might have security cams.

Does anybody know why Intamin Bobsleds can have two cars on the lift at once? When DT catches the lift, there is usually another car on top of the lift.

Aren't you supposed to have permission from the park to bring a camera on the ride?

Just because it's one lift doesn't mean that it can't be more than one block.

When I worked WDW's Space Mountain, (before the latest ride system upgrade), the main lift was actually 4 zones. (although you would never have more than 2 trains on it.) So it is possible to have more than one block located on one lift.

-=CoasterBP

Wow, I don't stalk this forum for a month and come back to find out Disaster Transports last day is tomorrow and I hadn't gotten to say my final goodbye and that Fast Lane raised its prices??? I just went to Canadas Wonderland last month and paid $40 each for 2 Fast Lane tickets (though that might have been an error on the employees part since at the time I thought it was $50 each for 2..but I wasn't about to question it )...and now $60? I mean, I do understand the reasoning after reading the posts here but gosh, give me some GOOD news Cedar Point!

Wow, I don't stalk this forum for a month and come back to find out Disaster Transports last day is tomorrow and I hadn't gotten to say my final goodbye and that Fast Lane raised its prices??? I just went to Canadas Wonderland last month and paid $40 each for 2 Fast Lane tickets (though that might have been an error on the employees part since at the time I thought it was $50 each for 2..but I wasn't about to question it )...and now $60? I mean, I do understand the reasoning after reading the posts here but gosh, give me some GOOD news Cedar Point!

THAT just made my day (err...morning). So with the closing of DT, I wonder how long it will take for them to actually start the demolition?

X-flight @SFGA, was constructed in a similar climate. Land clearing didn't start until early September. DT will most likely be gone by early September, which puts the "land clearing" factor on-par with X-flight. So I would expect a similar construction time-line for this coaster. Which means it probably wont finish the main construction phase until March. Although this is just a simple hunch.

^From what I understand, Steel Dragon 2000 can have two trains on the lift at the same time. And I think Space Mountain can, as well?

I read somewhere that SD2K has 2 lift chains, is that right? Like one starts and one ends halfway up the lift.

^From what I understand, Steel Dragon 2000 can have two trains on the lift at the same time. And I think Space Mountain can, as well?

I read somewhere that SD2K has 2 lift chains, is that right? Like one starts and one ends halfway up the lift.

Go to :50 and you will see the second chain.

Well Today is the Day, Farewell Disaster Transport. Even though I've only ridden you twice (2006, 2012) You've given me a good air-condition ride, with some generic theming. Some may say that you've outlived yourself, others may be sad to see you go. Goodbye Dispatch Master Transport - Avalanche Run (1985/1990 - 2012)

Now where's that Wing Rider at!?

Lake erie Monster

Don't count on it. There's a hockey team in Cleveland that already bears that name.

Not exactly the same situation, but:

551049_213572508768389_667277570_n.jpg

Why did you put a watermark on a blurry photo of a high school football field???

Here's an Idea of mine that I think Cedar Point should use.

A bi-annual coaster event for the first and last riders of the year for the three big coasters. People bid for seats on TTD, MF MV and the proceeds go to charity. The rides will be open during Early Entry for the specific riders, each ride should run at full capacity (all trains) for the bidding riders. The riders then can ride the ride as many times as they want for an ENTIRE HOUR. And the ride is open only to the bidders. They could do this for opening and closing day.

Here's an Idea of mine that I think Cedar Point should use.

A bi-annual coaster event for the first and last riders of the year for the three big coasters. People bid for seats on TTD, MF MV and the proceeds go to charity. The rides will be open during Early Entry for the specific riders, each ride should run at full capacity (all trains) for the bidding riders. The riders then can ride the ride as many times as they want for an ENTIRE HOUR. And the ride is open only to the bidders. They could do this for opening and closing day.

Great idea to raise money for charity...

Millennium Force won first place in the "extreme heights" category on the Travel Channels: Extreme Coaster Wars.

It's competitors....

Intimidator @ Carowinds

Diamondback @ Kings Island

Kingda Ka @ Great Adventure (lol wut?)

^Well, Kingda Ka is definitely of "extreme height," even it if is a one-trick pony. Not surprised at the outcome of this week's episode.

I305 and Steel Dragon 2000 would of been better competitors, my opinion. I wish they would of made 6 competitors instead of 4 But it was still entertaining regardless.

I still don't see how Aftershock (Giant Inverted Boomerang) beat Montu, Alpengeist and Shiekra?

^I agree that they could've made better choices for this group; MF was the best of this bunch, though (even though it's the only one of three I haven't ridden).

Edited by cfc