TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

So did anybody notice the new fastlane price? According to the CP website its now $65 a head for a single one, $50 each if you buy 4.

I noticed that as well. Didn't it use to be $50 per person? I wonder why they keep increasing the price of Fast Lane. However I do have to say it is worth every penny. Being able to ride all the big (E-Ticket) rides multiple times and with minimal wait definitely makes any trip to Cedar Point so much easier and lots of fun!

Screamscape-

Some interesting digging about another possible name for the 2013 Cedar Point coaster has come from CoasterFusion this week. They believe it could be named Lotan, named after a mythical 7-headed sea serpent / dragon beast that is the representation of floods, oceans and winter.

Screamscape-

Some interesting digging about another possible name for the 2013 Cedar Point coaster has come from CoasterFusion this week. They believe it could be named Lotan, named after a mythical 7-headed sea serpent / dragon beast that is the representation of floods, oceans and winter.

Where have you been?

I wonder why they keep increasing the price of Fast Lane.

They are probably trying to find that right price point that will keep it at a good value but at the same time limit the number of people who will use it. Price it too low, and everyone will use which will cause capacity issues.

Isnt that what having a cap on the amount of tickets is supposed to do?

Yes, but the park has to make a choice now.

1 - Upset people who go to the park with intent to purchase Fast Lane, but find out that Fast Lane is sold out.

2 - Lower demand by increasing the price, so the guests wanting Fast Lane can still buy and upseting those who are not willing to pay the incremental cost.

Cedar Point went for the second choice.

Edited by larrygator

If they are selling out everyday, as Larry said, they have to raise the price to ensure supply meets demand.

I'm sure they will continue to adjust prices accordingly based on the demand. They'd be crazy not to.

Yes, but the park has to make a choice now.

1 - Upset people who go to the park with intent to purchase Fast Lane, but find out that Fast Lane is sold out.

2 - Lower demand by increasing the price, so the guests wanting Fast Lane can still buy and upseting those who are not willing to pay the incremental cost.

Cedar Point went for the second choice.

I could have sworn when I was there Saturday, that I saw they were "Sold Out"

Copied from CPs website:

Limited Availability

Daily Fast Lane access is limited. This keeps the Fast Lane experience great for all our guests. Be sure to reserve your date by purchasing Fast Lane access online in advance!

So the problem isnt the cost, its the fact that they have a limit thats too high. If your upper limit makes the lines too long, you need to lower the limit. Upping the cost is one way but if you already have a limit and when it maxes out its "too busy" then the real cure is to lower the amount of tickets given.

^I think you are missing the point. Raising the cost will in theory lower the demand, while still allowing them to make the same (or more) amount of money. Smart business decision.

I'm sure they will keep tweaking the pricing and amount for sale until they find that sweet spot.

Edited by Jew

I might be a dork but I like Gate Keeper, that would be a cool name for a place like Cedar Point. Build something bad a** and call it Gate Keeper.

Then who is the Keymaster?

Richard Kinzel will be sitting in a window of that building in the parking lot holding the damn key!!!!!

Yesterday, I went on Disaster Transport 4 times. It is clearly in the process of decommissioning - the spaceship-looking prop in the center of the helix is not lit up, and the streamers separating the loading and unloading platforms are gone. The "Repair Bay" is lit up, and the machine in the center has its lights off. I like to look around and see the props that are not lit up - and probably haven't been for years. I see two besides the spaceship-

The bottom of the first drop has a spider-looking thing to the right before you enter the first tube - tunnel

The first MCBR before the drop into the helix has a dragon-looking painting on the wall before the drop.

By the way, between the first-drop and the the helix into the first MCBR, I think the track passes through the main room briefly (the main room being where the drop off the first MCBR is.)

I hope somebody gets a lights-on POV for the last ride - that would be epic! I heard the lights WILL be on for the last ride - will they?

Yeah, I doubt it would be easy to sneak a camera on it with bright light and two MCBRs which might have security cams.

Does anybody know why Intamin Bobsleds can have two cars on the lift at once? When DT catches the lift, there is usually another car on top of the lift.

^ As with any coaster with block zones (station, lift, MCBRs, brakes) multiple cars on a lift are possible if the lead car can make it to the block zone before the following car on the lift makes it to the summit. If for some reason the car can't make it into the brake zone the lift won't allow the coaster to continue the course. This makes for faster dispatches and a quicker wait time.

When I worked at DL's big thunder, I would dispatch as the train would go through "spiral butte", makes for perfectly spaced trains and a happy queue.

^That makes sense, considering the lift is a continuous speed. However, isn't the lift itself a block, and therefore only one ride car/ train should go onto on at once? The only coaster I've seen this happen on is DT, and a video of La Vibora.

By the way, the last brake on Magnum's transfer track has one blue clamp and one orange one. Was a part from Corkscrew used?

I heard the lights WILL be on for the last ride - will they?

When I went back in June they had the lights (or at least some of them) on in the main room with the helix, as well as in the building the train passes through after the 2nd MCBR. The ride felt like it was on its last legs. Anyways, have fun GKTW riders.