TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Mary Mother of Jesus, quit with the fu*king idiotic name speculation! Holy fu*kballs!

Every time some jackass on TPR suggests a "hawk" name for this ride, a baby in Indonesia is eaten by a band of cannibalistic midgets. So for the babies' sake, knock it the fu*k off!

Glad someone finally came out and said it . Seriously people.

Mary Mother of Jesus, quit with the fu*king idiotic name speculation! Holy fu*kballs!

Every time some jackass on TPR suggests a "hawk" name for this ride, a baby in Indonesia is eaten by a band of cannibalistic midgets. So for the babies' sake, knock it the fu*k off!

Glad someone finally came out and said it . Seriously people.

A lot of people are saying it actually, the posts are just being buried by more and more posts suggesting the name will include "hawk". It was funny for a page or two but this horse has been beaten to death.

Pretty soon the posters posting about how people are beating a dead horse will be beating their own dead horse and we'll be part of the problem rather than the solution. Will someone please think of all of those poor beaten horses?

Or how about any of these

. "Dragon Force"

. "Blue Banshee"

. "Hawk's Talon"

. "Falcon Star"

. "X-Hawk"

I hate to be rude, but what exactly do you hope to accomplish by continually throwing out bad names that obviously won't be used for Cedar Point's new ride? Are you just trying to entertain yourself? Be funny? Raise your post count? I just don't get it.

. "Dragon Force"

. "Blue Banshee"

. "Hawk's Talon"

. "Falcon Star"

. "X-Hawk"

I hate to be rude, but what exactly do you hope to accomplish by continually throwing out bad names that obviously won't be used for Cedar Point's new ride? Are you just trying to entertain yourself? Be funny? Raise your post count? I just don't get it.

Those might be serious guesses at names.

I knew that ride very well; rode it every day for 2 years

75989_185510251574615_3888608_n.jpg

@GayCoasterGuy, are you in this photo??? Omg. Which one are you?

I still love the Blue Streak. I really should go to CP this week. I would like to ride Disaster Transport one more time.

Yeah, I'm 3rd back on the right side. I got to the photo shoot late as I overslept; so I had bed head and didn't have gel in my hair like all the other guys.

I like the sound of "Hammerhead iEagle Thrust" better.

In all seriousness, a layout that flies over buildings, pathways, and parking lots is great for something like a Wing Coaster because you have nothing on three sides of you. Lots of freedom and "on-edge" excitement.

Off-topic from most of the normal discussion going on, but I saw Luminosity for the first time the other night (finally) and must say we were quite impressed. Of course, we liked the dance party afterward more than the show itself with the DJ and everything, but the show itself was much superior to anything else that park has had to close out the night. The area was packed and people were enjoying the show. The stage was excellent and the lighting package was pretty amazing. During the dance party I took some video and just slapped it together. It is in full HD so make sure to watch in 1080.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxO8pyOUvTE

But yeah, it was a great time... So much fun just watching people dance and enjoy the music. It really was a big party all the way until closing.

. "Dragon Force"

. "Blue Banshee"

. "Hawk's Talon"

. "Falcon Star"

. "X-Hawk"

It's obvious that they'll probably recycle a name from another park with Talon or Night Hawk being tops on the list,we have to remember that NOT everyone in CP's marketing audience is an enthusiast let alone is aware of how many parks CF operates or the number of recycled ride names they have used in the past.

. "Dragon Force"

. "Blue Banshee"

. "Hawk's Talon"

. "Falcon Star"

. "X-Hawk"

It's obvious that they'll probably recycle a name from another park with Talon or Night Hawk being tops on the list,we have to remember that NOT everyone in CP's marketing audience is an enthusiast let alone is aware of how many parks CF operates or the number of recycled ride names they have used in the past.

CP's marketing, which is part of CF, is not aware of how many parks it's parent company operates? And don't ride names as well as ride designs go through the parent company for approval- so how would they not know? Or they know and they do it anyway.

Are you sure about that?

Well if that' the case then I guess any of these names from other CF owned parks could do for Cedar Point's Wing Rider

."Flight Deck"

."Steel Force"

."Possessed"

."Talon"

."Nighthawk"

."Wild Thing"

."Vortex" (Probably CP won't use it, because Kings Island has a coaster of that name)

."Leviathan"

."Flight of Fear"

As much as I like to poke fun at some of the less-than-creative names they've come up with the past, their recent new coaster names haven't been too bad. Leviathan, Stinger, Diamonback, Behemoth, Prowler, etc... I won't be surprised if it's another generic animal name, but I don't think they're going to recycle an existing name for this one.

I don't think that Cedar Point is really the kind of park to recycle ride names. Their coasters, are usually the first of their kind, and usually have unique names, I.E. Millenium Force, Magnum XL 2000, Top Thrill Dragster, Blue Streak, Mean Streak, Wicked Twister, and Maverick. Now yes, I know about Demon Drop, and Corkscrew, there are some exceptions. I think that the marketing team is capable of coming up with something unique, as they have in the past.