TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Has anyone else noticed that the line for Power Tower is almost always short? For such a big ride you'd think it have a bigger line. I guess anything seems tiny when next to dragster. Magnum PT and most definitely Corkscrew have lost almost all significance to the GP since TTD. quite sad actually.

For early entry, it is best to park in the main lot and walk down across from Famous Daves to enter in at the MF gate. You will get a great advantage on any other gate to get to MF first. Generally you can snag two quick rides on MF, get down to Maverick for a lap or two and then get in line for Dragster before the park opens. Ride Dragster and go right over to Magnum.

You get most of the big rides done before the park even opens or shortly after. Don't hit Raptor until later in the day when the crowds ease up front.

Everything else is easy.

I don't know if this is usual, but Dragster opened up during Early Entry at around 9:30, with no wait whatsoever. Of course it ended up breaking down as soon as we got into the station, but it was cool to see the enormous line of GP lining up outside the entrance (which they had closed off), while we were waiting in a near empty station with 20 or so other people chatting with the ride ops.

^That is not common to open Dragster for early entry. Usually they only do that because another ride is down for early entry.

I saw someone mention how Power Tower always has a short line. I believe this is because they have the entrance to the ride in a very odd place and if you’er not looking for it you will go right past it. I really think they should rearrange their queue line and entrance. I think that would bring more ridership to the ride.

^That is not common to open Dragster for early entry. Usually they only do that because another ride is down for early entry.

I saw someone mention how Power Tower always has a short line. I believe this is because they have the entrance to the ride in a very odd place and if you’er not looking for it you will go right past it. I really think they should rearrange their queue line and entrance. I think that would bring more ridership to the ride.

They moved the entrance this year between Super Himalaya and Speed Zone.

Heading out to CP for the first time soon on a weekday. We plan on using our platinum passes for early entry and buying front of line passes so we should have a good day. Out side of that any first timer tips or hints?

Heading out to CP for the first time soon on a weekday. We plan on using our platinum passes for early entry and buying front of line passes so we should have a good day. Out side of that any first timer tips or hints?

If you have a platinum pass you should enjoy the 1-hour early entry, which is where pass-holders and resort guests get into the park an Hour before the public. Try getting in Maverick, Raptor and Millennium Force during that hour, because those rides usually have the longest waits. But with the Fast-Lane you should enjoy early entry-type lines for all the main attractions.

I visited Cedar Point last Thursday,and I had a great time. Gemini was the best coaster of the day. Luckily I went on the coolest and less crowded days of the week.Ride by Ride Recap:

Iron Dragon-Fun,my first suspended coaster.Hopefully I ride a few more in my lifetime.

Wave Swinger-Fun and intenser than Dollywood's swing ride.

Thunder Canyon-Bad water ride,painful even,doesn't compare to any of Dollywood's water rides.(Note:Both flumes were closed.)

Antique Cars-Nice and relaxing.

Cedar Creek Mine Ride-Classic Mine Train fun.

Tilt-a-Whirl-Fun and I think a little intense for the Children's Area..

Woodstock Express-Fun,most intense Junior coaster I've rode.

Junior Gemini-The real Kiddie Coaster here,got the credit while I could with my sister.It is a surprise that this was Intamin's first coaster.

Gemini-Best coaster of the day.Only rode Red.

Monster-Fun classic ride.

Corkscrew-Fun,first looping coaster.

Super Himalaya-Fast and Fun.

Sky Ride-Nice and relaxing.

Matterhorn-Fast and Fun

Scrambler-Fun.

Blue Streak-Roughest Coaster of the day,still a good classic rickety woodie.It still raddled my brains.

Diaster Transport-Got the credit before it is supposed to be removed.Cool and fun,but seems like Cedar Point isn't really keeping it up to date.

Space Spiral-Nice and relaxing,but the windows were so dirty you could barely see out them.

Suggestions:More indoor and water rides,a new woodie(GCI,Gravity Group,or even RMC.),and a new sky viewing ride.

I hope to come back soon because I didn't get ride several rides I wanted to such as Raptor.

Here is a couple of Off-Rides I took at Cedar Point:

Mantis:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE4D57bKrV8

Skyhawk:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h3oO3uD4U8

^^Are you talking about the new entrance across the midway from TTD's station (right beside Super Himalaya)? Or the old entrance closer to Corkscrew's corkscrews (ha!).

I was referring to the old entrance. I had no idea they moved it this year. Though I think they can get some more ridership from it with a big sign over the entrance or something on that order. It helps draw people over to it more. I am glad to hear they finally moved it to a better location. I am heading out early tomorrow morning for the long 12 hour drive out there to Sandusky. Cant wait to meet up with everyone!

The whole long line for the shot side/short line for the drop side was annoying last year, seeing as how the drop side pretty much sucks...oh well.

When I went to Cedar Point a few years ago (during multiple visits) it was actually the opposite! Everyone seemed to be in line for the drop side (at least 30 minutes), while I gallantly walked onto the shot side (station wait.) I much prefer the shot side.

The whole long line for the shot side/short line for the drop side was annoying last year, seeing as how the drop side pretty much sucks...oh well.

When I went to Cedar Point a few years ago (during multiple visits) it was actually the opposite! Everyone seemed to be in line for the drop side (at least 30 minutes), while I gallantly walked onto the shot side (station wait.) I much prefer the shot side.

I don't think I've ever seen a longer line for the shot side. Maybe I have but I think that it's almost always the drop side with the longer line.

Let's talk drop side for a bit. There is a whoosh of air from the drop side before the drop. Out of these two towers, one waits for a while before shooting down and the other drops rather immediately. The one that waits longer is more intense, in my opinion. I forgot which is which exactly.

On another note, I saw a kid pee his pants in line for Power Tower's drop side. He was right in front of us and we had to step around the HUGE amount of urine that this kid unloaded. They hosed down the area but not the area he dripped on walking through and leaving the line. Therefore, we had to worry about our seat on the ride having urine dripped in front of it.

I was at the Point yesterday and today. I'm disappointed that the rideop's attitudes still suck. I was hoping Matt O. would've seen and changed this by now. They have better music in the park, but it's too low to hear in many areas. Luminosity was just amazing! I'm going back to see it tonight.

I'm all warmed up for Coastermania tomorrow...

^ I find it odd that you think the ride ops are bad at Cedar Point. My family just returned from vacation there and spent three days at the park. They loved the ride ops, and I have quite a few friends that still work there who have a great attitude when on the job.

I'm curious as to what park you're comparing operations to, you're the first in this thread that I've been able to find who has complained about the ride operators attitudes.

I think for most people it comes down to having a bad experience with one or two Ride Hosts. In turn they throw all the Ride Hosts into the category of sucking. Same thing goes for just about anything you have a bad experience with. When someone gets cold french fries and warm pop, "ALL THE FOOD AT CEDAR POINT SUCKS!!!11!". When someone has to wait an hour for Dragster, Millennium Force and Maverick, "THE LINES AT CEDAR POINT ARE OUT OF CONTROL!!!1!". Almost all of the guest complaints I have received typically sound like the guest had the most horrible day at the park ever. Once you get it out of them, they actually had one bad experience and the rest was blown out of proportion.

The Ride Hosts are usually very good with guest service, operations and safety. I will say though that it is easy to catch a Ride Host on a power trip but that is mostly due in part to the lack of guest service training the park has (or does not have).

Interesting how the attitude of the employees is what people mostly complain about. For the most part, employees are usually in a good mood from what I experience as a guest. As an employee working in rides, the only thing that makes employees' attitudes worse is guests that simply don't listen. When guests move quickly at rides and actually pay attention, the ride hosts are in a much better mood. It's just a burden of the job, I suppose. Employees are people too. Some have short tempers and others tolerate, but it's not fair to judge operations of a park based on employee attitudes. Judge by how well they actually do their jobs. Operations at Cedar Point are easily 10 times faster than any other park I have visited, and I would never complain about a line that should be 2 hours that only lasts 45 minutes...

Regarding my comment on the ride ops at C.P., it isn't the attitude of a few. I'm originally from Ohio, and that was my home park. I grew up with that park, so I know how good this place could be. The past 4 or 5 years it's changed dramatically for the worse! I used to say: I don't know what they fed these kids that worked there, but if we could feed it to the world it would be a better place. As I said before I was hoping for improvement with Matt O.

Regarding my comment on the ride ops at C.P., it isn't the attitude of a few. I'm originally from Ohio, and that was my home park. I grew up with that park, so I know how good this place could be. The past 4 or 5 years it's changed dramatically for the worse! I used to say: I don't know what they fed these kids that worked there, but if we could feed it to the world it would be a better place. As I said before I was hoping for improvement with Matt O.

Is there anything you DON'T complain about?

What exactly is the beef?

I'll admit if they are slacking/messing around with loading then yeah I (and probably everyone) hates that but if you mean a general attitude...who really cares?

It kinda sucks if they have a bad tude but these are kids, probably with crap pay, and honestly working at a park seems like a crappy job.

Edit: Yeah IDK, no park staff has really made me think "gosh they are good". Cedar Point is probably better than the hell hole that is my home park: Six Flags Great Adventure. Talk about a place that went downhill from my childhood! Not that it'll stop me