TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I don't know if anybody knew about these, but this year, Millennium Force does actually have longer seat belts. They are on the red train from car 5 to car 7 I think. The seat belts are new this year and are 3 inches longer than the other belts. I don't think anybody has actually been made aware of this, but if you visit Millennium Force, you'll notice larger people fitting into the red train because they know about them. Dragster, however, does not have any of these longer belts this year.

Another hint I can give guests of larger size is at Wicked Twister. There aren't any longer seat belts, but over time the seats have warped and there are some seats that are more accommodating than others. Either row 12 or row 16, right side (seats 6-4 and 8-4). If you're concerned you won't fit, head for those seats first.

If you have to wait over an hour for ANY ride (including TTD) on a Wednesday in early-mid June, I will be absolutely, utterly flabbergasted.

Well - I hope you've got your flabbergasted hat ready, I was there on the 13th, and guess what?

All of Maverick, TTD and MF had hour queues! (according to the info boards - I had fastlane)

Another hint I can give guests of larger size is at Wicked Twister. There aren't any longer seat belts, but over time the seats have warped and there are some seats that are more accommodating than others. Either row 12 or row 16, right side (seats 6-4 and 8-4). If you're concerned you won't fit, head for those seats first.

That explains why I fitted on my first go (row 3 I think), and not the second go (about 3 from the back) then!

^ps - I wonder what a flabbergasted hat looks like...

On my last trip 2 weeks ago Fast Lane was worth every single penny for us 4 at both Kings Island and Cedar Point! It allowed me to get in 60 laps on rides that trip, including 12 on Diamondback and 10 on Millennium Force. Best 300 bucks I've spent ($140 at KI and $160 at CP)!

Going to Cedar Point this August with some good college friends.

I'm stoked, we've booked the hotel and will be staying 2 days (last time I went we tried one day and needless to say it didnt work).

I've missed Maverick twice now so I am ready to finally slay the beast.

I'm stoked, we've booked the hotel and will be staying 2 days (last time I went we tried one day and needless to say it didnt work).

Maverick + August = Fast Lane

Maverick + August = Fast Lane

Well....I really don't see that sooo more like we have to pwn the hour early access

I heard the concert last night was delayed at least 90 minutes in that heat. That had to be quite uncomfortable for all (including management). It wasn't their fault so I heard. The performer's luggage was delayed (no guitar), so that makes it tough to perform. Was anyone there last night, as what was it like???? I did enjoy the lip sync video done by the staff.

Well....I really don't see that sooo more like we have to pwn the hour early access

The early entry can get pretty crowded, too. However, if you're going during the week, the lines won't be horribly bad during the day. If you're there on a weekend, get a Fast Lane pass.

The last time I went I stayed at Breakers and took advantage of the early entry. I was only able to get one ride on Maverick and walk over to Millennium Force. I just got into the MF line before the general public started making their way back.

The early entry can get pretty crowded, too. However, if you're going during the week, the lines won't be horribly bad during the day. If you're there on a weekend, get a Fast Lane pass.

The last time I went I stayed at Breakers and took advantage of the early entry. I was only able to get one ride on Maverick and walk over to Millennium Force. I just got into the MF line before the general public started making their way back.

Well I've been to Cedar Point a few times, always hotel, so I know what to expect. Yeah usually we get 2 coasters in before the crowds arrive.

That's actually perfect though! Our goal was to hit Maverick than MF one day, then TTD and MF the next day. Even if we can only manage one each early access that's fine. We wanna get those 2 out of the way.

Yeah, "early entry" definitely doesn't translate to "short lines." Last time I used it, all it did was get me my Millennium Force credit more quickly than I would've otherwise. The next two days, I didn't even bother using it.

If I could make a couple of suggestions for using the early entry...

1. Get there "early" for early entry! If you're in the back of the long line getting into the park early...yeah, you're probably not going to get many rides in.

2. If you're there early, you should be able to easily get in two rides, possibly three on something.

3. Most important thing about early entry...you get a huge head start on the rest of the crown coming in! I would suggest after getting in two or three rides, head to another ride to be in line before the public gets there!

Like others have said, early entry isn't "ERT", but on a busy day, it can be VERY helpful to get in a few rides before the park opens...

If I could make a couple of suggestions for using the early entry...

3. Most important thing about early entry...you get a huge head start on the rest of the crown coming in! I would suggest after getting in two or three rides, head to another ride to be in line before the public gets there!

Like others have said, early entry isn't "ERT", but on a busy day, it can be VERY helpful to get in a few rides before the park opens...

I would suggest getting in line for TTD before the park opens. That way you can get it out of the way and not have to wait in an excruciatingly long line for it!