TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g399/ShippudenMan/giga.png

Really, a giga? That seems like a far stretch, maybe 170'. Plus it said something about ??? - 4000' im guessing in length.

Alrighty then, I have no idea what I'm talking about. You've obviously done your homework by screen capping that video and have all the information you need.

Just making sure were talking about the same coaster here, and the same can be said for you. It Looked really twisty and has a dual loading/unload station, and with a seemingly long brake run. Plus it would of looked similar to Maggie if it was red and stretched out into the parking lot.

Edited by SkyBreak95

^Big B&M coaster, would have gone out to the campground and come back. One circle of the campground would have been removed along with part of the parking lot, which is a big reason why they scrapped it. From what I understand, it would have been another Intimidator-themed coaster (and possibly a giga, although that much I can't confirm).

How do you know this?

What do you mean "can't confirm"? As in not allowed or not knowing?

Could you share all the details you are allowed to share/know with us?

How do you know this?

What do you mean "can't confirm"? As in not allowed or not knowing?

Could you share all the details you are allowed to share/know with us?

Can't confirm as in I don't know what the actual height was going to be. The rest of it is absolutely true, just didn't have the exact number, although it was certainly a hyper at the very least.

Don't question Steve's info. He knows his sh*t.

This is why I love you, Phillip.

I am definitely ready for CoasterMainia. This will be a great event as usual. Who is going this year? I wanna try to get a group together and maybe go in on fast lane passes as well as a little coverage for TPR.

Went to CP yesterday the 30th. Fastlane passes are awesome! Longest wait we had was the first time on MF, and that was maybe 25 minutes. Everything else was 10 minutes or less. If you are going on a busy day, fastlane is totally worth it!

Ride counts: MF x 4, Maverick x 2, Magnum x 2, Raptor, Blue Streak, Disaster Transport (Christina got her credit on this), Giant Wheel, Power Tower X 2, Mean Streak.

We most certainly could have ridden MORE, but without fastlane I don't think we would have been able to ride as much as we did, when lines for the big 3 (Maverick, MF, TTD) were all over an hour.

You might recall me posting earlier this season saying I'm not able to ride MF and TTD due to my size. Well, as indicated above I can indeed ride MF now. A couple factors: I have slimmed down just a tad this summer, having lost 7 pounds so far. If anything, I think the belts are longer now than they were last year (and there are other posts on different forums of people agreeing with this). Perhaps they need stretched out after getting installed?

Still can't fit on TTD. I think its a matter of being both tall and fat. I'm 6'1", and if I were a couple inches shorter I'd be willing to bet it would work. One thing I think is funny is that in previous years, more people seemed to be complaining about MF being a tight fit rather than TTD. On MF, the female part of the buckle is routed under the metal bar, and on TTD, its routed over. That could be one thing that pushes someone on the borderline like me over the edge. Oh well, I'm just happy I can ride MF again. And the new belts there give me hope for the future that they might make the belts a little longer on TTD eventually, or if not I'll at least be able to ride again after slimming down more.

Edited by IrishBuckeye

You might recall me posting earlier this season saying I'm not able to ride MF and TTD due to my size. Well, as indicated above I can indeed ride MF now. A couple factors: I have slimmed down just a tad this summer, having lost 7 pounds so far.

Good job! Now, you can set a new goal to fit on TTD.

^I know some coasters have rows for people that are larger than others, I think Dominator did, maybe Hydra did, and possibly Flight Deck at Carowinds.

TTD and MF have similar seats, so I find it hard to believe you can fit on MF but not TTD. Are the TTD seats smaller - All I notice is the lap bar is wider (I think) and has a larger grab handle.

I believe the belts on TTD are a bit shorter than Millennium Force, at least from my experience. Congrats on fitting though, I'm trying to slim down a bit myself. Rides like El Toro are probably a no-go for me at the moment.

TTD and MF have similar seats, so I find it hard to believe you can fit on MF but not TTD. Are the TTD seats smaller - All I notice is the lap bar is wider (I think) and has a larger grab handle.

TTD and MF have almost identical seats. But there is a difference in the seatbelts, as I described in my last post. And i quote......

On MF, the female part of the buckle is routed under the metal bar, and on TTD, its routed over. That could be one thing that pushes someone on the borderline like me over the edge.

It probably doesn't make a whole ton of difference, but for someone like me it could be just enough of a difference to make it to where I can't ride. Nothing I can do about that, just keep pressing on with what I've been doing, eating healthier, being more active, etc.