TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^I've been many times where they don't limit the number of people (all in the past, they seem to be much better about it these past seasons) and it is absolutely terrible. It's impossible to tell what anyone is waiting for.

I went to Cedar Point Monday (and going again tomorrow. Busy week) and felt that the park was in a much better state than it has been in recent years. Everything looked great, everything was open, the new plaza looks great. The best thing, however, was all the new lighting. Giant Wheel, Power Tower, and Millennium Force all look stunning at night. I really hope this trend of new lighting continues.

Magnum really does have a screwed up station. I couldn't imagine how terrible it would be if they didn't limit the number of people entering the station at the top of the stairs.

Yep, but the station design creates basically no line for the magic row, so I LOVE that station!

This!

Just got back from CP. I can't believe how awesome Fast Lane is: skipping 1 and 1/2 hour waits, getting 7 rides on Maverick, MF, TTD, and multiple rides on everything else. Definitely worth the $50. Another thing that Fast Lane improves is the stations. Now all of them (except Dragster) severely limit the amount of riders in the station, making only a two to three train wait once you get up there.

Now on to the rides. Mean Streak is actually bearable now if you don't put your back against the seat, but is still incredible boring with the trims. Magnum's "magic row" is still as awesome as ever. Disaster Transport is on its last legs, and now boasts a stuffed octopus in the final ice room. Everything else was running great, but MF, TTD, Magnum, and Gemini all broke down right after our rides finished. I guess we were just bad luck.

Ive been at CP for the last couple days. I find that the lines have been rather long. My group refused to get fast lane passes so we ended up waiting a rather long time for everything. I think the way that the fast lanes have been implemented is rather nice due to the fact that it doesnt seem to dramatically interrupt the flow of guest onto the ride. Luminacity was rather cool even though we only got to see it from MF's line. Probably the coolest new event at the Point was night time ERT for Platinum pass holders. Last night the park had it for TTD and on tuesday they ran it for MF. We went last night and got more rides on TTD then I could count. If you have a pass to the park i definitely suggest going to one of these events.

Other then that, everything was running really good. Mean Streak wasnt as rough as I remember it even though it was even more boring. I spent the entire time wondering when the ride would decide to do something exciting and it never did. MF was running as superbly as I remembered it. Honestly I never get tired of that ride. I managed to get my second ride on Maverick and was impressed by the amount of airtime it gives. The one ride that I do not agree with everyone here is Magnum. I love this ride a ton, but I feel that the very last seat in the last row gives the most airtime. I rode back to back there and in what everyone else suggests and I felt that I got similar airtime over the bunny hills, but I got more airtime over the first hill.

Overall, the park remains amazing. I think the step towards being more family friendly definitely adds some balance to the massive rollercoaster collection

-kafka-

We were just at the park last week for 3 days. Fast lane was definitely worth the money. Rode Millenium 10 times that day and it had 45 minutes waits through out the day.

Blue Streak did seam a little rough this year compared to 3 years ago which was the last time we were at CP. Mean Streak was quite smooth although that trim on the first hill just kills the ride. We did get a trimless ride and what a difference. It was flying with great lateral forces and the turns were smoother. My 17 year old son knew right away that the trims weren't on and was excited after getting off. It reminded me of when the ride first opened.

Jim

^Haha, that's what I was thinking. Blue Streak is actually fun compared to Mean Streak. Mean Streak just hurts compared to Blue Streak's beautiful airtime and its FUN ride. Something MS doesn't have. The only thing I noticed, after they refurbished the trains, was that Blue Streak got a little more of a "out of control" feeling. Not a bad thing at all, I love it. But, it's not really a bad bumpy feeling...it's a wooden coaster, something you should expect. Where as, if it was a Mean Streak bumpy, hurting feeling then that's something that shouldn't be on a ride and shouldn't be expected at all. Not even on a wooden coaster.

Well we are pulling out tomorrow at 8am to make our trek to OH.

We will be hitting up KI on Sun and then head to Sandusky on Mon for the rest of the week. We will be hitting CP on T, W, or R - basically some variation of 2 days. It all depends on the weather. I'll be doing Fast Lane at both parks for myself only. My son rides some coasters (he is 9) but not all so whatever ones he wants to do we will just wait in the regular line for vs. paying another $50 for him only (wife and daughter don't do coasters).

Looking forward to the parks as I have never been to KI and its been about 8 or 9 years since I went to CP.

Greg

The girl at the Dinostore in front of Dinosaurs Alive said that CP will not get a new coaster when I asked her about the leaked memo - she practically cut me off mid-sentence.

But, hey, it's not like she works at Dippin' Dots!

The girl at the Dinostore in front of Dinosaurs Alive said that CP will not get a new coaster when I asked her about the leaked memo - she practically cut me off mid-sentence.

Yeah, because it's not like CF doesn't leak 25,000,000$ deals to it's Dippin' Dot's vendors.

Well tomorrow is my "big theme park trip" of 2012 as I leave for Kings Island and will be there for 2 days (Sunday and Monday) and then will be at Cedar Point for 2 days (Tuesday and Wednesday). I haven't done an Ohio trip since 2007 so I have a few questions about Cedar Point that I can't remember.

-Are there loose article bins or do you have to rent lockers?

-When entering the park for Platinum Pass ERT in the morning, would it be better to go straight to Maverick or Millennium Force? Also, what should the waits for those 2 be during the ERT?

-We will be getting Fast Lane passes one day, but for the other day, what should wait times be for rides like TTD, MF, and Maverick?

-Any suggestions for "magic seats" on the rides besides the 3rd row of Magnum?

-With the new alternating ERT on MF & TTD on Tuesday and Wednesday nights for Platinum Pass holders, what kind of lines should we expect? I know this just started last week, but I figured there was atleast on TPR member there taking advantage of the new ERT.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

-Loose article bins are located on all rides that don't have separate loading and unloading (I believe only Dragster and Millennium have separate loading and unloading).

-When entering early you shouldn't have any sort of issue doing both before the park opens, especially since you will be there on a weekday.

-Again, since it's a weekday you shouldn't have any issue. I was there twice this week (Monday and Thursday) and the longest wait between the two days was 30 minutes for Maverick. I would expect that the wait for the big rides would probably be in the 20-45 minute range depending on time of day. By the end of the night the waits should be minimal. I got on Dragster twice in 30 minutes on thursday towards the end of the night. The line was barely out of the station.

-Millennium's drop in the back is magic. The front offers an amazing view though. I'd suggest doing both. Maverick is also pretty awesome in the back. Raptor in the front is great as well. Wicked Twister should also be done in both the very front and back. The difference between the spikes is pretty drastic.

-Haven't done the ride nights yet so unable to help with that one.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Yeah, because it's not like CF doesn't leak 25,000,000$ deals to it's Dippin' Dot's vendors.

She was probably tired of hearing about it for the millionth time.

I was there twice this week (Monday and Thursday) and the longest wait between the two days was 30 minutes for Maverick. I would expect that the wait for the big rides would probably be in the 20-45 minute range depending on time of day. By the end of the night the waits should be minimal. I got on Dragster twice in 30 minutes on thursday towards the end of the night. The line was barely out of the station.

It was a different story on Wednesday. Maverick constantly had an 1 and a 1/2 hour line, same with Millennium Force, and Dragster had at least an hour wait. Thank god I had Fast Lane.

Took my youngest son (10) to the Point on Thursday. I thought Mean Streak was running the best I've felt it run in years. I think this made it actually an okay-ish ride. Still not great, but better than many I've rode. Blue Streak seemed extra phenomenal this year. Magnum was stellar as usual. Didn't get to ride Millennium as my son passed twice on that one and I didn't push him.

Anyways, report to come soon. Just figured I would share this picture I shot on my way out of the park.

1626692505_HDRCedarPoint2012-06-14at20-25-17.jpg.24063836dd24379ba53b29ffb402aeb7.jpg

^ Nice picture. I love Blue Streak. It looks beautiful now with it's new paint job. I'll be there for Coastermania week. It's my favorite ride at the Point.

I've got nothing good to say about Mean Streak. It ran it's best after our meeting last year during evening Coastermania ERT. They (management) begged us to ride it, so I did. It was ride-able that Friday night. Saturday it wasn't running all day. I guess we broke it. I rode it on Sunday and it was back to being shitty. Big surprise there...

-Loose article bins are located on all rides that don't have separate loading and unloading (I believe only Dragster and Millennium have separate loading and unloading).

-When entering early you shouldn't have any sort of issue doing both before the park opens, especially since you will be there on a weekday.

-Again, since it's a weekday you shouldn't have any issue. I was there twice this week (Monday and Thursday) and the longest wait between the two days was 30 minutes for Maverick. I would expect that the wait for the big rides would probably be in the 20-45 minute range depending on time of day. By the end of the night the waits should be minimal. I got on Dragster twice in 30 minutes on thursday towards the end of the night. The line was barely out of the station.

-Millennium's drop in the back is magic. The front offers an amazing view though. I'd suggest doing both. Maverick is also pretty awesome in the back. Raptor in the front is great as well. Wicked Twister should also be done in both the very front and back. The difference between the spikes is pretty drastic.

-Haven't done the ride nights yet so unable to help with that one.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for the response and tips. I'm definitely looking forward to visiting and seeing what changes the park has made since they've taken a few years off from coasters and have focused on the other things...