TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^One can only hope.

I rode Mean Streak last time I visited the point, and honestly it wouldn't be that bad of a ride if it weren't for those TRIMS. I mean really they are RIDICULOUS, and everyone sitting around me noticed them. It's just gotten to that point where its sort of pointless for them to keep up with this thing if they're not going to get rid of the trims. Plus the second half of the ride is just too spread out and doesn't do much. I can't remember anyone ever loving this ride, so why keep trying now?

Hopefully this blog post is a sign that it's nearing the end. I most definitely would want to see it replaced with another woodie though.

For those who live in the area, how rough has Mean Streak become since opening day. I'm going on Wednesday and trying to decide whether I should ride it or just leave it alone? (I rode in 2010 and it was god awful. Has it improved since?)

Rode Mean Streak a couple weeks back near the back of the train, it was absolutely horrible. If this year is better than in years past I have sincere sympathy for anyone riding it the last couple years.

It is a boring track that is painful to ride, tear it down and replace it with an awesome new woodie (i.e El Toro type of coaster)

For those who live in the area, how rough has Mean Streak become since opening day. I'm going on Wednesday and trying to decide whether I should ride it or just leave it alone? (I rode in 2010 and it was god awful. Has it improved since?)

The green train is noticeably less rough compared to the other two trains. I'd recommend waiting it out for the green train. I rode it a couple weeks ago in the green train and it wasn't terrible. It didn't hurt. It's still boring as hell though. Not worth re-riding ever due to the fact that its absolutely yawnstipating.

I was amazed that the crowds were not big at all this past weekend. I assume that it was because of grad parties and the like, but lines were VERY manageable on Saturday.

While I didn't ride a lot of coasters (spent most of time in water park), the lines were decent. MF was about 1/2 hour wait, Windseeker was a one cycle wait, Corkscrew, WT & Magnum were walk-on's (didn't ride TTD, Maverick, Raptor, Mantis, Gemini or Blue/Mean Streak.

Was very surprised though when we went to ride Disaster Transport for the last time and it had a 1/2 hour wait...must be the word is out? Either that, or people were just looking to get out of the heat! We ended up skipping it.

Space Spiral wasn't open when we were around the area, but looked like it might have been when we arrived Friday night. In looking at the condition of the plexiglass you have to wonder if it's done forever. Looked awful.

Only caught part of Luminosity...looked fairly decent but being that none of us were into the music, we thought it too loud to stick around for the entire show. They seemed to do a decent job of crowd control around the area but then again, it wasn't as crowded as it could have been (or will probably get this summer).

Just a few pics...

420566100_CedarPoint2012002.JPG.ce73745a90a306ca1c9d454b785af143.JPG

Tennis anyone?

1782569296_CedarPoint2012011.JPG.569dd391afd24223339e8eb5147a933c.JPG

Either someone is in there having sex, or the plexiglass in Space Spiral is in pretty bad shape!

1522432198_CedarPoint2012029.JPG.d0a3a68a0ac520f58b4f6b8fc023f8b3.JPG

The popcorn guy was back kicking it up at the Red Garter Saloon. New country show this year!

470900882_CedarPoint2012018.thumb.JPG.e4ba52f98be3472ad022d848aa6b8ac7.JPG

Still waiting for those I-305 restraints.

1933671887_CedarPoint2012016.thumb.JPG.5fc998b8a0e106e7ad70a76fa7b9ab84.JPG

Still awesome at night!

You shouldn't have a problem at all. I went yesterday (Sunday, June 10th) and absolutely everything except Millennium Force, Maverick, and Top Thrill Dragster was a walk-on. MF's line was 15 minutes, Maverick's was 30, and I can't tell you what TTD's was because we ran to it as soon as the park opened.

And Mean Streak is still very, very rough. And boring. My best advice is to pick a non-wheel seat (front seat of the car) somewhere near the back and brace yourself...and your organs.

What are these 'non-wheel' seats on Mean Streak people keep talking about? The cars have 4 wheels, two in front, two in back...I suppose the seat isn't directly above the wheel, but that doesn't really solve much unless they are 6 car seats...it's still a rough ass ride, in my opinion. The parts they retracked are smoother, but that's not the problem people are complaining about. It's the places that haven't been retracked that kill brain cells.

^The non-wheel seats don't involve your butt sitting directly above the wheels, which makes for a noticeably smoother ride. Even on 4-seat cars. For a great comparison, I would ride Grizzly at KD in the 2nd last row and love it, then I would ride in the row behind it and immediately schedule a chiropractic appointment. Believe me, there's a HUGE difference between the two rows.

You shouldn't have a problem at all. I went yesterday (Sunday, June 10th) and absolutely everything except Millennium Force, Maverick, and Top Thrill Dragster was a walk-on. MF's line was 15 minutes, Maverick's was 30, and I can't tell you what TTD's was because we ran to it as soon as the park opened.

And Mean Streak is still very, very rough. And boring. My best advice is to pick a non-wheel seat (front seat of the car) somewhere near the back and brace yourself...and your organs.

are the lines typically long for TTD this time of year? Sorry, last time i visited was in July 2006. I was so confused looking at a dirt field, filled with "tubular-shaped concrete" jutting out of the ground, in frontiertown.

are the lines typically long for TTD this time of year? Sorry, last time i visited was in July 2006. I was so confused looking at a dirt field, filled with "tubular-shaped concrete" jutting out of the ground

You shouldn't have any problem, Cedar Point as lost some of it's attendance this year from what I've seen. People must be realizing there are other GREAT Parks out there that don't cost a fortune to visit and you don't spend half you day in a slow moving line ( they even took the DJs out of the lines). I think I've made my last trip to the Point for a few Years, the bigger and better doesn't always mean Fun and the last 3 years I've visited it hasn't been as much fun. They have gotten crazy on their prices and the food still stinks. They keep taking out rides that I can ride with my children and putting upcharge attractions, that I see at my local zoo without being charged extra, and just plain boring rides, Windseeker and that rapids ride are total waste of money and space, and to take out the Wildcat for that stupid Luminosity or whatever they call it, I call it BORING and a waste of money. The singers sound awful and there really wasn't that much excitement to it. Cedar Point is getting to be old news to me, I would much rater spend the day at Holiday World. I am sure you CP fanboys will crush me, but it's just MY THOUGHTS on what Cedar Point has become, a waste of MONEY for my family. let the knives start flying at me now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Is this a typical "early entry" crowd? Seem quite large to me, although this is the first time I've seen an early crowd.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that pic looks like the regular park guests walking in. They let them come into a roped off section of the park (where they're standing) before the park actually opens, but they can't ride anything. However if that is early entry, it seems normal, though I have no idea why they would be standing there.

I've done a few Early Entries in the Summer, and the lines for Millennium and Maverick can easily get to the 1/2 hour mark or longer within that hour. Always felt bad when the park opens to the public and people run all the way from the front to Maverick, only to be greeted by a nearly full queue

^I watched the live video during opening. Raptor had a "mob" extending past the flower gardens and extending all the way to Dip-n-dots

Yet, another question from me.

Is their a large crowd around the "resort" entrance? I'm planning on starting out there and either going straight to TTD, then Maverick. Or if TTD isn't open/down/ridiculous line, I will go straight to Maverick. Should I expect a "large" line for Maverick if I high-tail it during opening?