TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I am going to the park this weekend and I am staying at Castaway Bay primarily because of the convenience and the waterpark. Is the traffic on the causeway really that terrible? We are going to the park on Saturday and Sunday. Also, how does the early entry to the park work?

They're starting to do things to update Breakers from "sub-Super 8" category to at least "current Super 8" level comfort when it comes to the rooms. Long, long way to go though and it might very well be home to the worst park owned "official" hotel rooms in the amusement industry. I can't think of worse.

^The Best Western Kings Quarters is the official hotel of KD even though I don't think KD owns it. That being said, I think the Breakers is better than that hotel in every aspect.

I loved my stay at the Breakers because it was so convenient. I've never left a park mid-afternoon for a nap just because it woud have been inconvenient. I love that you can come and go as you please, and it really makes a vacation much more enjoyable and relaxing!

I stayed at the cheapest room at Breakers and had a great time. I took my own bedding and some ozium but it was really cool to stay right inside Cedar Point. I will be going later in the year and will request the tower but would gladly stay in Bon Aire. I am looking forward to camping there sometime as well.

I am going to the park this weekend and I am staying at Castaway Bay primarily because of the convenience and the waterpark. Is the traffic on the causeway really that terrible? We are going to the park on Saturday and Sunday. Also, how does the early entry to the park work?

If you go for the early entry, the causeway might not be too bad if you head in around 8:30 AM. Go between 9:30-11:00 though and it's going to be quite crowded.

If you leave to go to lunch in the afternoon it shouldn't be too bad, but leaving when the park closes can get pretty bad. You're better off leaving about an hour early or staying and hanging out until the traffic dies down when the park closes. Actually considering the fact that it is a causeway, I think that CP does a very good job of getting the traffic in and out efficiently.

I always stay at Breakers or Camper Village so I can't comment on how the early entry works at Castaway Bay, but would assume it's the same as all the other resorts. They give you a receipt that gives you the early entry with ticket purchase (which you can buy there). You get one hour of ERT on whatever rides they decide to open. Usually, it's Millenium Force, Maverick, Raptor, Iron Dragon, Kiddieland, Max Air (or Skyhawk) but they may change things around from time to time.

Have fun...I'll be there too! Supposed to be in the mid-eighties this weekend so you will probably see me and my clan at the swim-up bar at Soak City on Saturday!

Awesome! I was disappointed when the Funcam one went down, now a new live one is up again!

Is it just me or does anyone else find the live webcam freezing up after a few minutes? I find that frustrating considering I'm on FIOS as my ISP but it could be that I'm viewing it from my laptop rather than my desktop who knows?

Two things...

1. That Windseeker accident sounds scary. Are they all closed right now? Or just the one at CP?

The one at Cedar Point opened up either yesterday or the day before.

If you go for the early entry, the causeway might not be too bad if you head in around 8:30 AM. Go between 9:30-11:00 though and it's going to be quite crowded.

If you leave to go to lunch in the afternoon it shouldn't be too bad, but leaving when the park closes can get pretty bad. You're better off leaving about an hour early or staying and hanging out until the traffic dies down when the park closes. Actually considering the fact that it is a causeway, I think that CP does a very good job of getting the traffic in and out efficiently.

I always stay at Breakers or Camper Village so I can't comment on how the early entry works at Castaway Bay, but would assume it's the same as all the other resorts. They give you a receipt that gives you the early entry with ticket purchase (which you can buy there). You get one hour of ERT on whatever rides they decide to open. Usually, it's Millenium Force, Maverick, Raptor, Iron Dragon, Kiddieland, Max Air (or Skyhawk) but they may change things around from time to time.

Have fun...I'll be there too! Supposed to be in the mid-eighties this weekend so you will probably see me and my clan at the swim-up bar at Soak City on Saturday!

I am from Texas so mid-eighties is no where near bad weather. It's rather nice actually. Anyway, does anyone have any information about Castaway Bay? Has anyone stayed there? Anyone have any general tips for my first trip to Cedar Point? I am going from Saturday evening until Monday night

Anyway, does anyone have any information about Castaway Bay? Has anyone stayed there? Anyone have any general tips for my first trip to Cedar Point? I am going from Saturday evening until Monday night

I stayed at Castaway Bay a few years back during the winter and they have a nice little indoor water park. I am not sure if you are wanting to attend that at some point in your trip (like evenings) or not. I prefer the indoor water park at Kalahari over it though if you are also looking for including that in your trip. I would also recommend Breakers first if you are looking for convenience to The Point. Followed by Light House Point and then Sandcastle Suites.

Anyways, here is a link to the room details for each of Castaway Bays room types. This may help you decide your needs for your trip from the layouts. Hope this helps.

http://www.castawaybay.com/public/visit/room_info/index.cfm

I am from Texas so mid-eighties is no where near bad weather. It's rather nice actually. Anyway, does anyone have any information about Castaway Bay? Has anyone stayed there? Anyone have any general tips for my first trip to Cedar Point? I am going from Saturday evening until Monday night

If you're from Texas, you should bring a sweater or windbreaker for the evenings as they can cool right down on the peninsula - there aren't too many "hot " nights at the Point even when it gets into the mid-80's during the day (especially if there is any wind).

If you're going from Saturday evening till Monday, you would be better served enjoying Castaway Bay and some of the family rides and other attractions at CP on Saturday because lines for the major coasters will most assuredly be huge.

Lines on Sunday and Monday should be more than tolerable, so save your coaster marathon for then...you should be able to get on all of the major rides without the 1-2 hour waits that you'll probably see on Saturday.

This, without a doubt, is proof the Pink's hot dog sign still rotates even when the park is closed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESOrp59gFO0

Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this!

Was watching the cam about 15 minutes ago & there are still a few staff members in the park probably rides staff coming from their zones in the back of the park...has anyone watched it overnight to see when the heavy cleaning & maintenance crews come in to do their thing to get ready for the next day of operation?

I wish that tree weren't in the way though as it blocks the view of both PT & TTD.