TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

for the fast lane info, sounds good, my only concern is how much this will affect the regular guests. Since the fast lane guests have first priority on row selection, does this mean that you might be "next in line" for a given row in the regular queue, and then get passed over like 20 times in a row for fast lane guests if these are a large amount of fast lane guests all riding the same ride? Or will they at least try to rotate the regular guests in a decent amount of the time so the regular guests aren't standing there all day?

While I do plan on getting fast lane, I won't be getting it every single time i visit the park.

At Cedar Point there will be NO exit based Fast Lane access', all Fast Lanes will either have their own entrance or they will have a alternate route from within the original queues. The Fast Lanes will for the most part bring guests to loading platforms where from there they will be released among regular stand-by guests to select any seat they wish, waiting a cycle (Flats and Circulars)... or a train or two (Coasters) with regular stand-by guests.

Cedar Point is removing Wildcat before opening day. The reasons were " the expansion to Celebration Plaza, coupled with the low ridership and increased maintenance costs".

LINK

Celebration Plaza Expansion

Cedar Point has announced that it is expanding its new Celebration Plaza. As a part of that expansion, Cedar Point will be removing the WildCat roller coaster.

WildCat was coming to the end of its useful life. With the desired expansion to Celebration Plaza, coupled with the low ridership and increased maintenance costs, Cedar Point has decided to accelerate the removal of the ride. WildCat will be removed from the park prior to Opening Day and the materials will be sent to a recycling facility.

This expansion is one of several initiatives that will beautify the park midways and enhance guests’ experiences. Additional improvements include state-of-the-art lighting packages on Giant Wheel, Millennium Force and Power Tower, a new sound and lighting system along the park’s Main Midway and the re-painting of the Millennium Force and Blue Streak roller coasters.

Cedar Point remains committed to being the roller coaster capital of the world. New roller coasters, rides and attractions will always be a part of Cedar Point’s future.

Edited by robbalvey

^ I just read that on Cedar Point's website, sad to see the Wildcat go even though I can't say I'm surprised. Every trip I took trips to Cedar Point I always insisted that we had to had to ride every coaster at the park at least once including Wildcat even though no one in the group ever wanted to take the time to que for it. If any of my old friends grow up to be credit counting enthusiasts they can thank me later!

Kind surprised they are going to completely scrap it instead of just relocating it to Dorney!

Let the 2013 Zac Spin/Euro Fighter/ Flat Ride rumors begin........now!

Edited by Hilltopper39

I'm honestly not one bit upset about WildCat being removed. While it did provide a nice thrill for families. I was always sort of scared of it's safety. Maybe Cedar Point can put a new family coaster in soon? Something that can appease everyone like Backlot Stunt Coaster at Kings Island or maybe even something Verbolten like (I know dream big). But that's just my two cents.

Next thing ya know, Avalanche Run will be removed in August!

It sucks to lose a coaster but I understand why this one. I just hope they do replace it with a similar sized coaster, just not in the same location, in the near future.

I guess the biggest loss is that +1 Wildcat added to their coaster count. But if removing the ride makes for a better park, then I am all in.

Never got a chance to ride Wildcat at CP. I rode a clone of it at Fantasy Island when I was younger though.

I think we are all missing the point with Wildcat here. Cedar Point, either knowingly or unknowingly, has kicked themselves out of the self proclaimed title of "Roller Coaster Capital of the World." This loss takes them to 16, which, by default, moves Six Flags Magic Mountain up to 17. I think we all need to write to Six Flags and politely ask them to write Cedar Fair a cease and desist letter, pointing out that they no longer have the most coller coasters, and that they need to refrain from using the slogan. Imagine the advertising Six Flags can do with this new title. It could put them back on the map!

I think we are all missing the point with Wildcat here. Cedar Point, either knowingly or unknowingly, has kicked themselves out of the self proclaimed title of "Roller Coaster Capital of the World." This loss takes them to 16, which, by default, moves Six Flags Magic Mountain up to 17. I think we all need to write to Six Flags and politely ask them to write Cedar Fair a cease and desist letter, pointing out that they no longer have the most coller coasters, and that they need to refrain from using the slogan. Imagine the advertising Six Flags can do with this new title. It could put them back on the map!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RD is crying in a corner somewhere

^ This!

Glad I got to ride it the time I visited in 2007. I enjoyed it for what it was, but it seemed more like a Fair ride than a permanent installment at an amusement park. Wierd that they are just recycling it instead of selling it or moving it to a smaller property. I wonder if this says something about the amount of work it would actually take to keep it up to code...