TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Wow, that new lighting package on Giant Wheel looks stunning!! I can't wait to see that in person. And it was so needed too, as the last time I made a trip to CP it looked pretty sad at night with so many burned out bulbs.

Looking forward to seeing Millennium's new lights as well!

Cedar Point has reached one million fans/ 'likes' and the secret thrill that was unlocked is a preview of the new nighttime show, Luminosity.

THANK YOU FANS! We did it - 1,000,000 Likes! As a thank you, we're giving all of you a secret thrill - an invitation to see Luminosity BEFORE the Grand Opening! Visit Cedar Point all day/any day June 3-7 for the price of a Starlight ticket, stay for a special preview of LUMINOSITY AND get a chance to win awesome prizes throughout the day! Stop by the Celebration Plaza when you arrive at the park on the designated days, get a Facebook Fan Sticker, and you could be randomly spotted to win a VIP experience at the Luminosity preview, ride access, Cedar Point Merchandise and more! We'll also be capturing lots of photos and videos of our fans all week - so YOU could see your photo on our fan page! This offer is only available to our Facebook Fans - Visit our website here to purchase your ticket and plan your visit! http://bit.ly/JC6Wt1 Can't wait to see you this summer! Thanks for liking us! - Cedar Point's Facebook

403546_10150696910186463_10625691462_9756303_682973313_n.jpg.d74c76fa85bfe0f4a1da7dfe902a14ce.jpg

542044_10150696911241463_10625691462_9756319_1199219771_n.thumb.jpg.61b0a70e5ec25e10bbdebc4045783852.jpg

523702_10150696909771463_10625691462_9756297_2044858815_n.jpg.f20b46da6749329ceb022b18f1f0cd83.jpg

Edited by coasterkyle

Great videos. And Millennium Force looks AMAZING! I can't wait to see it in person once the park opens this summer. Every large ride in the park should have some sort of night lighting of this caliber. The park is going to look phenomenal from across the bay this year.

coasterkyle, thank you so much for the giant wheel videos. It looks amazing.

As for MF, not to be a debbie downer, but those lights look exactly the same as what was there when MF opened in 2000. They worked for like 2 years and then were never seen again. Hope it turns out better this time. I thought MF was gonna have LED lights like Giant Wheel and Windseeker.

^ I agree I also was just about to say those look no different then when the ride opened in 2000, I was expecting it to look more like the Wheel with the led lights. Like said though I hope this last longer then when the ride first opened

I don't understand why everyone thought MF and Power Tower were going to receive LEDs like Giant Wheel. Am I the only one who thinks that would have looked stupid? Millennium Force did technically get new LED lights, just in the form of a wash. Which I think looks 100 times better than before because now the lights actually reach the top of the lift instead of fading out since the old lights could never reach that high. These new lights will last much longer and can do far more colors than the old ones.

^This. The old lights were less reliable than these will be meaning the epic brightness/color will last much longer than the old lights.

If they were to line the entirety of the supports with LEDs like on Giant Wheel, that would look pretty absurd. And that would be a LOT of lights. I think it looks fantastic the way it now is.

Umm When I said I thought it would look more like the Wheel with the new Led light I meant as bright and vivid as the Wheel not that they were going to cover the entire lifthill in Leds. Imo from what I'm seeing this new lighting package doesn't look as bright and vivid as the lights on the Wheel and basicly looks exactly the same as when Millie first opened again IMO.

^You have to take into consideration that you are judging from a youtube video, and you have no idea what the lights look like in person. For all you know they could be extremely bright relative to opening year.

Compared to last year, this is a huge improvement so I don't see anything to complain about. The park's going to be alive with color and light again!

p.s. does anyone know if the MF paint job was continued this off season?

In person I would say that the lights are even BRIGHTER than they were its opening year. They are using LED panels similar to the ones found on Windseeker, 4 panels on the smaller supports and 6 panels on the three largest supports. I personally think the spot light effect works better for millennium force because of the extensive amount of structure that the lift sports, makes it seem a lot more artistic and brighter than LED bars would be able to do. Besides, stationary LED strips 310ft high would be too much to maintain over a long period, ground level panels are easier to access and fix if they are in need of repair.

In regards to the continuation of paint for Millennium Force, they got a considerable amount done this spring. The only parts of the ride that remain to be painted are the lift kill from where they left off last year to the top, the entire first drop has been painted to the tunnel, including two of the six massive lift supports (Which is almost night in day when driving down the causeway in the morning might I add). The 181-foot airtime hill also has been left untouched, other than that all other parts are completed.