TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^^Very much so. If they're smart they will sell alcohol. Or at least beer.

The Red Garter is not too far away from there although I don't think you're supposed to leave their premises with alcoholic beverages.

I see lot's of people walking around the park with beer though so I don't think that it's something that really gets enforced. I would imagine if you wanted to grab a beer and walk down and check out the show, no one would complain although you might want to ask before you do so they don't confiscate that $8 draft beer!

The Red Garter is not too far away from there although I don't think you're supposed to leave their premises with alcoholic beverages.

I see lot's of people walking around the park with beer though so I don't think that it's something that really gets enforced.

You are allowed to walk around the park with beer just as long as you don't take it in a queue with you. As for selling it at or near 'Luminosity', I would almost bet the farm that it will happen.

Couple of new tweets for GM, John Hildebrandt with pictures of Luminosity construction progress and Giant Wheels new lighting installation. See pictures below!

Aqy_R8VCEAMuoWj.thumb.jpg.3ed4180024c47948fa3851154c1870e9.jpg

Luminosity Stage as viewed form he Iron Dragon ride platform. "Luminosity taking shape at CP. This is a view of the stage from the Iron Dragon ride platform" - John Hildebrandt - Twitter "@CPGMJohn"

AqzC5gwCAAA0TgR.thumb.jpg.f6ca810730e46ddf66b37d413c9d22e0.jpg

Giant Wheel receiving new LED lighting. "The Giant Wheel is getting a brand new light package for 2012. Installation started this week. Opening in only 24 days!" - John Hildebrandt - Twitter "@CPGMJohn"

HalloWeekendsCam_640.jpg.7094ca7023ca5c283900d98b41d1b2a1.jpg

Current view of Luminosity Construction on the CP webcams. Notice that the control towers are now completely romoved with the largest now set in its new home. The area is bustling with activity daily ad they try to complete this project with just weeks remaining before opening.

Going underground would not work very well in that area, plus I can assure you there is not enough room behind the Goodtime Theater to run a coaster. At one point it is only about 5 feet between the building and perimeter fence.

If the park was going to build something over 250 feet, I feel like it would be an out-and-back and it would just go out into the parking lot, either Soak City or the Main Lot.

How low is the water table at Cedar Point? I would imagine you wouldn't have to go very deep before your tunnel starts flooding (that's what she said? ). This is also assuming that Cedar Point is looking for a 250-foot hyper... we still have almost no idea what they'll be getting. At least I don't. All 2013 speculation has been buried under arguments about Fast Lane.

How low is the water table at Cedar Point? I would imagine you wouldn't have to go very deep before your tunnel starts flooding (that's what she said? ).

Depends on the area of the park. There are basements as deep as 15 feet below ground level in some areas of the peninsula.

How low is the water table at Cedar Point? I would imagine you wouldn't have to go very deep before your tunnel starts flooding (that's what she said? ). This is also assuming that Cedar Point is looking for a 250-foot hyper... we still have almost no idea what they'll be getting. At least I don't. All 2013 speculation has been buried under arguments about Fast Lane.

Their are ways to fight that problem.

WTC had a slurry wall (and that was 1972) I'm sure their are great ways of preventing that in 2012

Why would CP get another hyper?
Because they make people go WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! But I would prefer a good wood coaster instead.

As far a fully underground tunnel, keep in mind that they are extremely expensive. The concept might be simple, but a park will always opt for an above ground solution if possible before constructing something underground. A trench, with a wooden walkway as part of the midway above it, might also be feasible before a full fledged tunnel.

I think that an Intamin Woodie would be a great idea. I think that they should see if Intamin would consider building a wooden hypercoaster. It seems with the taller wooden coasters that are being designed by intamin currently, it could be done, it would be record breaking, and it would give the park a good woodie. This statement is entirely wild speculation, but i think it'd make sense for them to attempt.

I think that they should see if Intamin would consider building a wooden hypercoaster. I

It would be awesome to see a wooden intamin hyper at CP. Then, it will be the 5th intamin coaster in the park! But i don't think they have space to do this, only if the demolish Mean Streak.