TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Mystery solved! Thanks! Too bad it's gone now; looks like it was fun. Here's hoping for a new one sometime soon.

And the boo hill kids halloween walk thru.

Is there theming and/or signage year-round? That's probably what misled me. I think I remember some haunted theming, a queue, and even a "Boo Hill" sign.

Not during the summer months.

The pirate dark ride used to be housed inside there. Once the ride was removed, they replaced it with an arcade that had some pretty lame games in it. I have some pictures somewhere.

For a few years, they had the fortune tellers in there as well.

Actually, the boo hill walk through only takes up a small portion of the building's front, and the arcade before it took even less space and was set in front of the large (and beautiful) mural of a ship on rough seas where pirate ride loaded/unloaded. The full ride area was rather large and is still a warehouse though slightly smaller with boo hill having moved the walls back about 15ft. A very fun thing is that the entire ride layout is still visible on the warehouse floor thanks to the tire marks from the old ride vehicles, as well as the emergency exit route still painted on the floor.

I agree about the park needing new lighting. But I have to disagree with you on thrillseekers only being a small percentage. I doubt that people go to cedarpoint for just the food or shows. The coasters are what put the park on the map.

Take the thrilling coasters out of the park, and I doubt that they would pull much of a crowd.

At least CP would have other thrilling and family attractions to offer if their coaster collection disappeared. Imagine SFMM without their coasters! There would be nothing left! Talk about one-dimensional.

^It really was sad. So many lights burnt out. I'm so excited to see the amazing light packages come back to all 3 rides. Millennium Force use to be so impressive at night. Same with Power Tower. Power Tower was so sad having some lights stuck on one colour or another with others randomly changing. Cedar Fair is doing a lot of general park improvements chain-wide this year which is always a great thing!

Its a lot like quality over quantity here. Is it better to have a quality experience or not? I must say, I do enjoy my time at parks where I feel like the area I am in gets TLC all the time. Dollywood, Disney, Sea World and USF/IOA to name a few that when I was there, nothing looked neglected and that left a great impression on me. When you notice things in disrepair it really makes you question a lot more than just the little things. Starts to make you wonder if the big things are being neglected too.

Perfect timing because I have new camera gear Im itchin to use this year. My old topic dedicated to CP photos will explode once again.

These improvements are making me very excited for Coastermaina this year. I've never been to this event before, and haven't visited Cedar Point since 2007. I, personally, love a Nighttime park experience. Parks can really come alive after dark, but neglected lighting, etc, can really diminish the experience.

Its a lot like quality over quantity here. Is it better to have a quality experience or not? I must say, I do enjoy my time at parks where I feel like the area I am in gets TLC all the time.

I can say from recent experience that since I have gotten married, my wife is not much of a "let's go all out blazing from ride to ride", and we spend more time meandering around taking in all that the parks have to offer. I really noticed some things about parks that I missed in the past by running rampant from ride to ride. I also agree that nighttime is the best time for any park and CP definitely has the ability to be topnotch with their lighting. They have so much that is up high that it would be nice to see all lit up.

I love the screen removal, it's opened it up so much! I too am a fan of the fix-ups going on. The last few times I've been to a park I find I'm taking my time through the day now and observing the surroundings, not rushing to ride as much as possible not caring what it looks like. It's definitely been needed here.

It's so refreshing to see the big screen removed. It was so outdated and whack.

I'm glad Cedar Point is cleaning up the park and making it more of an overall experience. The thrill rides and roller coasters are obviously amazing, but Cedar Point's other forms of entertainment have never been cohesive with what other parks are doing. And the midways needed some sprucing up, so I'm really glad to see this.

• 2 weeks later...