- $1 Million in ADA Improvements

- New Premium Parking

- Terror Island moving to Frontier Town

- Returning to Fresh Cut French Fries Parkwide

- New Paint for Giant Wheel, Millennium Force and Blue Streak

- New lighting for Millennium Force, Power Tower, and Giant Wheel

- New lights and audio on the Main Midway to Corkscrew

- Iron Dragon Midway now Celebration Plaza - Home to Luminosity

- Luminosity: 25 dancers, 3 drummers, 2 cirque performers, DJ, singers.

- Interactive pre-show - Countdown to opening

- 40 minute show: Land Travel, Sea Travel, Space Travel, Finale. Then fireworks and dance party with DJ

- Luminosity stage will be used during the day for new PEANUTS show.

- Luminosity Cost $6 Million

Video of the Presentation

Pictures of Construction...

422937_10151326885795024_676335023_22701250_801686486_n.jpg.f1fe3e3805eb6b7d41c5137261f99254.jpg

Iron Dragon Queues Gone, Stage will be constructed here for Luminosity. Picture Courtesy of Ashley S.

offseason_park12-164.jpg.91c355d7aa75582f96e0ccdb4c800ef5.jpg

More Clearing and Prep Work. Picture Courtesy of Point Pixels

offseason_park12-163.jpg.8b6524e8f3ea457f9c95246971f13cdf.jpg

More Clearing and Prep Work. Picture Courtesy of Point Pixels

401216_10151326936595024_2068072008_n.jpg.61af2d8897e01abc3c465b67d032a3a7.jpg

More Clearing and Prep Work. Imagine this screen gone and a beautifully light millennium force in the background.... just food for thought! Picture Courtesy of Ashley S.

offseason_park12-049.jpg.98579e1c084805c28f03ef1e86f72d2e.jpg

A Naked Giant Wheel, Prepped for new LEDs. Picture Courtesy of Point Pixels

I'm loving the sound of all these lighting improvements. Windseeker is stunning. You can see it from miles away lighting up the night sky. It's just so vibrant. And being so vibrant and bright really drew attention to how dim and bland (and also poorly maintained) the lighting was on the other massive attractions in the park. Power Tower was especially bad this past season and Millennium wasn't looking too good itself. The colors just weren't as bright as they once were. I'm quite excited to see what these lighting packages look like.

This is all really amazing stuff. Ugh I'm so excited! It's seems like they finally get it. I also really like how badly it seems John H wants a dark ride. All in all awesome stuff. So happy to be seeing these types of changes. I will say that playing a bunch of YouTube videos for songs in that presentation was really dorky. Haha

I guess it's just me, but I can't understand all the excitement over lightning. I guess I'm just an adrenaline junkie, but yet another year with out a new coaster. HO Hum....

I couldn't agree more. I mean Im glad CP doesn't build short, weak, inexpensive coasters, simply for a record like other parks, but it would be nice to see something new in terms of a coaster.

I guess it's just me, but I can't understand all the excitement over lightning. I guess I'm just an adrenaline junkie, but yet another year with out a new coaster. HO Hum....

Given the state of the lighting on those three attractions as of late this is great news. Power Tower's lighting hasn't worked right in years, Millennium Force's lighting has lost its dramatic effects, and the Giant Wheel consistently suffers from sections of burned out lights. Besides CP really comes to life at night with all the rides lit up.

I couldn't agree more. I mean Im glad CP doesn't build short, weak, inexpensive coasters, simply for a record like other parks, but it would be nice to see something new in terms of a coaster.

We all would love a new coaster, I mean who wouldn't. But these Improvements they are making are really needed. It's all about making the guest have the best time while on vacation. Thrill seekers are just a small percentage of people that come to the park. I'm sure a new coaster is right around the corner, but you'll just have to wait. (you've been doing great for the last 5 seasons, whats 1 or 2 going to hurt).

Myself, I am very excited for this season, and the last time I was this excited was '07.

I also really like how badly it seems John H wants a dark ride.

That reminds me, I could've sworn I saw a closed dark ride (I'd assumed it was a generic haunted shooting one) near Blue Streak. I believe it was a low, gray building. Am I insane? And if I'm not, what is it in reality?

I agree about the park needing new lighting. But I have to disagree with you on thrillseekers only being a small percentage. I doubt that people go to cedarpoint for just the food or shows. The coasters are what put the park on the map.

Take the thrilling coasters out of the park, and I doubt that they would pull much of a crowd.

I'm sorry that came out wrong, but from what I've noticed working there,is that a lot of those thrill seekers come with their familys'. so not everyone will be able to enjoy the major attractions like Maverick or MF. sorry for the confusion, I know CP would be nowhere if it wasn't for those amazing pieces of engineering.

That reminds me, I could've sworn I saw a closed dark ride (I'd assumed it was a generic haunted shooting one) near Blue Streak. I believe it was a low, gray building. Am I insane? And if I'm not, what is it in reality?

You are not insane! It was called The Pirate Ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpsR3Dkrr9M

You are not insane! It was called The Pirate Ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpsR3Dkrr9M

I've been looking for a Pirate Ride video for the longest time! Thanks for posting that. I really wish that they had kept at least one of the Freedomland dark rides. Blue Streak's corner is always so lifeless.