TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

It looks great too. While the CW site does list a Fast Lane option for corporate customers, it doesn't mention it's availability for the GP. The CP site doesn't list any mention of a Fast Lane option, but continues to offer their VIP tours, which is decent if you have a party of four or more. I certainly hope options are available at all CF parks this summer, cause when you travel overnight to visit a park, ensuring you get on all the desired rides makes it very worth while.

I was a bit skeptical simply because I remember being fine with the old site...but I do like the look of this. I doubt it's a ground-breaking improvement, but it seemed easy to find pertinent info.

I'm also looking forward to seeing any Fast Lane updates for Cedar Fair parks. While I appreciate parks offering VIP tours, I'd be worried about reserving one outside of very specific circumstances, simply because so many parks can be experienced adequately without upcharge help (or with a simple line-skipping product). I was easily able to complete Cedar Point (18 credits by my methods) in one day, with only one credit during early entry and one during TPR ERT.

I was a bit skeptical simply because I remember being fine with the old site...but I do like the look of this. I doubt it's a ground-breaking improvement, but it seemed easy to find pertinent info.

I'm also looking forward to seeing any Fast Lane updates for Cedar Fair parks. While I appreciate parks offering VIP tours, I'd be worried about reserving one outside of very specific circumstances, simply because so many parks can be experienced adequately without upcharge help (or with a simple line-skipping product). I was easily able to complete Cedar Point (18 credits by my methods) in one day, with only one credit during early entry and one during TPR ERT.

Believe it or not CP used to have Fast Lane but they got rid of it a few year after TTD opened... It would be convenient if they brought it back.. they would make more money too..

^I heard it was a trainwreck...hopefully it would be better organized this time around.

Actually, I've heard speculation that a line-skipping option wouldn't be feasible at CP, simply because no matter how high they priced it, too many people would buy it for it to work well. But if they plan it carefully I'm sure they could work around that potential issue.

In my opinion, what they should do is limit the number of fast passes they give on a certain day, and sell them in advance, i.e. online, so that people who are planning huge trips and are concerned about credits can get them in advance, and regular park goers can't just show up and buy one.

On the other hand, I am pretty much opposed to any fast lane system coming back to the point, but that's not really from my 'coaster enthusiast' standpoint.

^^ Yes, I agree.. I remember when they did something close to the Fast Lane when Millennium Force opened, it was that you could reserve a place for the ride when it first opened, but I haven't seen them do something like that in a while..

You have no idea what you are talking about. Fast Lane is not even close to the old Freeway system. That's akin to saying a tricycle and Ferrari are close to the same means of transportation.

The 2012 park map was released with the new website... DInosaurs have taken over the newly named "Adventure Island". If this map has any indication on real life then it appears there will be historic million year old dinosaurs under a massive steel roller coaster. That makes a lot of sense!

http://www.cedarpoint.com/plan-a-visit/park-map

The 2012 park map was released with the new website... DInosaurs have taken over the newly named "Adventure Island". If this map has any indication on real life then it appears there will be historic million year old dinosaurs under a massive steel roller coaster. That makes a lot of sense!

http://www.cedarpoint.com/plan-a-visit/park-map

so sad not seeing Paddlewheel Excrusions Dinosaurs Alive looks a bit small and boring on the park map...

While browsing the dietary restrictions page on the website I noticed Johnny Rockets listed as gluten free fries. Has CP always had a Johnny Rockets? I didn't notice it when I visited in 2010.

Yes, it has been there for awhile, here is some video of it. It is on the main midway as you would turn in for MaxAir from the main entrance. I believe this may have been the Fascination Game building prior (not sure though on that one)