TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Still, you got a massive giga just last year. IDK why Maverick was marketed as "family", but if that is a family coaster, imagine what a thrill coaster is in CF's eyes

However, CF is too cheap to please the masses. BTW, why didn't they just put Windseeker up front instead of having to waste money on Ocean Motion's relocation?

I actually have a funny story about Maverick, involving my GP cousin.

We went up to go ride Maverick, and I told her that it was the newest coaster at the park. Her expression was surprised, and she said "But it's so small!". And she definitely was not willing to wait in the 1hr 30 minute line, but she did anyway after my persistence, and throughout the whole line I was just convincing her that it'd be worth it.

Finally, when we loaded the trains, she just had this completely bored look on her face as it dispatched and we approached the first hill. But when the train accelerated up the hill, her face changed from bored, to a little frightened. And all she said was "Uh, Whoa...." as we approached the 95-degree drop. By now, she definitely had no idea what to expect.

And so Maverick gave it's usual kick-@$$ ride. When it sped into the break run, I looked over at her and her mouth was open in shock. She just yelled out "That was so awesome!" and she was willing to wait in the huge line again for a second lap!

To GP that haven't ridden it before, Maverick does kind of look like a family coaster...of course their opinion quickly changes once they are strapped in!

(For the record, I do not think it's a family coaster!)

Can anyone tell me which is better: Intimidator 305, or Millennium Force, because I hear mixed reviews about MF, so I dont really know how it stands up to Intimidator 305. Please, please, please dont comment if youve only been on MF, or if youve only been on 305.

In all honesty, they are completely different rides. MF is more "majestic", with gradual airtime and graceful transitions that still show off the speed but don't overdue it.

i305 is mean, with forceful airtime and transitions at 90mph, and is one of the most intense rides on the planet.

Whatever type of ride you prefer, really.

Minus the height restriction, I would consider Maverick a family coaster. Usually the people I know who don't like coasters too much really like Maverick; those types of people who won't ride Magnum or Millennium. I can't really think of an average "family" type person I know who has gotten off that ride dissatisfied.

Maybe that's because they realize that Maverick is totally awesome like the majority of enthusiasts do. Many people are unwilling to ride larger coasters out of fear, yet they still like all the coasters they do ride, and would probably like MF if they were willing to ride it. I know that was what I was like when I was younger.

Maverick is most certainly NOT a family coaster.

^ I think you should just experience it for yourself instead of asking a bunch of people about which one is better. They're both amazing rides, and in my opinion there's nothing thats bad about either of them. They're both rides that you'll get off and look at your friend and go "OH MY GOD !" And I don't even think people should compare them, because they were both designed with different thrills in mind. So keep that in mind when you ride MF. (:

Can anyone tell me which is better: Intimidator 305, or Millennium Force, because I hear mixed reviews about MF, so I dont really know how it stands up to Intimidator 305. Please, please, please dont comment if youve only been on MF, or if youve only been on 305.

In all honesty, they are completely different rides. MF is more "majestic", with gradual airtime and graceful transitions that still show off the speed but don't overdue it.

i305 is mean, with forceful airtime and transitions at 90mph, and is one of the most intense rides on the planet.

You really hit the nail on the head there braztaz. Over the years Millie has really her lost airtime, and visual appeal.

^&^^I would not consider Millennium Force by any means a consistent roller coaster. By the end of the night it could be going 15 mph faster at the brake...so many factors affect it, and most people only get 1 or 2 rides every year, so it is hard to judge what the ride is doing overall by only 2 rides.

The forces have seemed consistent to me throughout the years. The rides I had this year felt the same as the rides I had in 2000 (and every other year), save for the increased rattle. I'm sure from a technical and/or operator's perspective 15 MPH is probably an incredibly drastic change, but when you're already going 93 MPH and the adrenalin is pumping, I doubt it's really that noticeable to anyone besides those operators who know the ride inside and out, let alone enough to warrant that the ride has "lost airtime over the years."

You really hit the nail on the head there braztaz. Over the years Millie has really her lost airtime, and visual appeal.

Please explain to us how "she" could suddenly just lose her airtime and appeal. I really don't understand your logic here.

Last time I was there (2009) Millie ran great, but looked kinda bleh... I'm not too picky, paint fades. Although if I recall Millie got some new paint recently on the lift?

Well only about 70 feet up plus most of the end of the ride. They will paint the rest over the next two years.