TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Cedar Point is trying to break world records- Unfortunately none of them deal with coasters

SANDUSKY -- For years Cedar Point has broken records with their high-flying coasters, but now guests at the amusement park/resort can help the park set two new world records.

On Guinness World Record Day at Cedar Point on Sunday, the park will attempt two new world records: one for the most beach balls in the air at the same time and the second for the greatest number of people applying sunscreen at the same time.

In addition to setting world records, guests also will be able to purchase tickets to the park online at cedarpoint.com for only $36, a savings of nearly $12 per ticket. These special one-day tickets will only be valid Sunday. Plus, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Northern Ohio Chapter of the American Cancer Society.

Interested guests should be at the park by 9 a.m. to prepare for the first event, which will start promptly at 9:30 a.m. The first event for the most beach balls in the air simultaneously at a single venue is a brand new record. To qualify for the new record, a minimum of 250 beach balls must be individually juggled for at least 10 seconds. If a ball is dropped, that participant will be subtracted from the grand total.

Discount Drug Mart Inc., will be supplying a beach ball for each participant.

Immediately after the beach ball attempt, the sunscreen application event will be held. The current record is 675 and was recently established less than a month ago on June 25. During the competition, guests must continually apply sunscreen on themselves or they will be ineligible for the final count.

The American Cancer Society was selected to participate in the event because the use of sunscreen helps reduce the risk of skin cancer.

Headquartered in Orlando, Fla., Panama Jack, the 37-year-old sun lotion company, will provide more than 700 sunscreen foil packets for guests to use during this two-minute attempt.

Philip Robertson, an adjudicator from Guinness World Records, based in New York City, will be at the park to monitor the events, keep official times and verify the records.

For information, visit cedarpoint.com or call 419-627-2350.

So I'm finally making the 8 hour drive to the point in 2 weeks and I'm quite excited to get a change of scenery and coasters. I have a few questions however, 1. What's the best time to get at the park? My last two trips, opening was a disaster. 2. What is the best "action plan" to ride all the major attractions. I usually start at the back with Maverick and work my way foward or should I go straight for Windseeker since it's new?

Thanks in Advance!

^No guarantees...but its my absolute favorite time to go. You still get the nice weather, and when my friend and I went 2 years ago the Wednesday before labor day, we waited the longest for Maverick at a whopping 25 minutes. We managed to get on Dragster 2 times in a row with a 15 minute wait, and Millennium 3 times with a 10 minute wait. Best Cedar Point trip I've ever had.

^No guarantees...but its my absolute favorite time to go. You still get the nice weather, and when my friend and I went 2 years ago the Wednesday before labor day, we waited the longest for Maverick at a whopping 25 minutes. We managed to get on Dragster 2 times in a row with a 15 minute wait, and Millennium 3 times with a 10 minute wait. Best Cedar Point trip I've ever had.

Awesome! Thanks!

I'm going to Cedar Point next Sunday to Tuesday with my dad. We both will ride everything in the park and are planning on going on as many rides as we can, this will also be my first time on Millennium Force and TTD so I'm pumped!

So what I'm wondering is what will wait times be like for rides like MF, Maverick, TTD and Windseeker?

We have the option to go all day Sunday, and Monday, and the morning on tuesday.

Or, Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday morning.

Will we want the full day? Will it be really crowded?

Monday is usually more crowded than Sunday, from my experience. MF will have a range from 45 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes, TTD will be 30 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes on Sunday and Monday. I don't know about Tuesday but that should be one of the least crowded days of the week. I'll be heading up there tomorrow through Thursday so I'll let you know what the crowds will be like.

^I care. I love Skyride! It's one of the coolest things about the park. Can you really imagine the midway without Skyride?

Cedar Point without Skyride is like Knott's Berry Farm without the parachute tower...oh wait...

Oh, I see what you did there.

Does anyone know of any good discount tickets for CP? Me and a friend are stopping there for a couple hours before we head off to Put IN Bay. There are some around here but I really wouldn't consider them discounts anymore. Any insight would be great

This is kind of off the wall and completely random but I'm curious if I'm remembering this correctly. I remember just after TTD opened that somebody had put together a vid of clips to Metallica's "Fuel", along with the debates of a good "theme song" for the ride. I cannot find this video anywhere. It could be that the vid was removed from the interwebs due to the bands strict position on rights to their songs or user removal. Either way I thought the song played perfectly with the way the clips were edited. Does anybody else know what I'm talking about or am I losing my mind?

for any one that has been on windseeker. what is the line like

I waited about 30 minutes for my ride on Windseeker, but I have seen lines as long as 45 minutes. Both times were on a hot and packed Sunday. There are temporary queue lines that hold more people than the permanent ones. There is very little shade covering the temporary queue and it can get quite hot with the sun reflecting off the concrete.

The ride really isn't that scary, but more fun and relaxing. The best way to describe it would be to think of it as a love child of a space needle and a chair swing.