TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Stumbled across this video of CP's Windseeker testing at night and thought I'd share it here. The lighting package on this thing looks pretty stunning! Just wow!! Hopefully testing will wrap up soon and it will open up....

I'd like to see a star flyer do that! On the other hand, my star fyler experience was pretty meh, it was fun for what it was but no where near enough to get me to go to Knott's (or in this case CP) to ride it if I wasn't already heading to the park to try the Mondial version.

Edited by RCFreak

So I feel this needs to be said...

One year ago everyone was cursing Intamin's name left and right...there are pages upon pages of Intamin hate posts because Shoot The Rapids was a few weeks late.

We're now going on five weeks after the park opened for the season and still no Windseeker.

I am in no way suggesting that anyone start with the "Modial Hate" because I totally understand and appreciate problems with new rides, especially one that is a prototype.

What I just wanted to point out was how unfair I think it is that so many people were giving Intamin a bad rap for something that is not uncommon with new rides.

Just needed to say that.

--Robb "GO INTAMIN! DON'T LISTEN TO THE HATERS!!!" Alvey

Really starting to feel that its both Intamins and Cedar Points fault now that Windseeker has had such massive issues. CP just hasnt seemed to have any sense of urgency with their openings.

BTW that light package is UH MAZING. I cannot wait to get this new lens I am buying tomorrow, new tripod and go up and take some wicked night time lapse shots.

Apparently there are people riding Windseeker tonight, I just had a couple friends on facebook post about it!

EDIT: And I just got confirmation via text message, it's open!

Same here, it looks wonderful from the facebook pictures!

No it was not that one. i saw the sliver one then a white one kinda look like the paint had been stripped off of it. i mean i could be wrong.

and windseeker looks like it is about to open there is a line around the out side of the ride right now

So I feel this needs to be said...

One year ago everyone was cursing Intamin's name left and right...there are pages upon pages of Intamin hate posts because Shoot The Rapids was a few weeks late.

We're now going on five weeks after the park opened for the season and still no Windseeker.

I am in no way suggesting that anyone start with the "Modial Hate" because I totally understand and appreciate problems with new rides, especially one that is a prototype.

What I just wanted to point out was how unfair I think it is that so many people were giving Intamin a bad rap for something that is not uncommon with new rides.

Just needed to say that.

--Robb "GO INTAMIN! DON'T LISTEN TO THE HATERS!!!" Alvey

Really starting to feel that its both Intamins and Cedar Points fault now that Windseeker has had such massive issues. CP just hasnt seemed to have any sense of urgency with their openings.

BTW that light package is UH MAZING. I cannot wait to get this new lens I am buying tomorrow, new tripod and go up and take some wicked night time lapse shots.

Um, isn't WindSeeker manufactured by Mondial, not Intamin?

^ I heard this from another forum this morning so I've been checking the webcam periodically throughout the day but I didn't get a chance to after about 3pm. From what I saw, it either wasn't moving or was sitting somewhere up the tower. I'm guessing it pulled a WonderWindseeker or it opened after 3.

On the issue of the delay and people complaining, I think people are more passive with the Windseekers because they're prototypes. STR ran into problems because of the boats, which were already running on Holiday World's Pilgrim Plunge a year before, if I'm not mistaken. I guess if Pilgrim's Plunge could get up and running on time even with its unique elevator lift, people had the same expectations with STR. There's also the case that Intamin is such a well known company while most wouldn't know Mondial unless they've been to Wonderland or have ran into a Top Scan at a carnival.

I'm also going to point out that their rides are relatively small since they cater more to traveling carnivals. I can kind of see them getting overwhelmed with a project this size, even with their experience in the industry.

^ & ^^

This is from Cedar Points Blog.

"But my favorite part is the music! The ride vehicle is fitted with speakers so the music goes with you as the ride lifts up the 301' tall tower. There is a playlist featuring many different songs from some of your favorite movies. Now the question is, who will be the first to ride enough times to hear all of the different songs?"

Doesn't make sense to me, but whatever.

Looks great! Hopefully they don't let the lights go to shit after a couple seasons though, that's a really cool effect.

Speaking of shit, wait til a rider gets defecated on by a seagull, that will be a funny lawsuit.

I'm no expert but I would assume by looking at the ride that those are LED lights. They DO burn out, but they have a ridiculously long life span.

I'm not 100% sure who's LED lights they used on Windseeker (perhaps someone has more free time and cold look into that) but a company called MAXTRON who installs led lights on amusement rides advertises that their LED products can last for decades without burning out. I would think that this might be the company that was used and if not the life span of the bulbs is probably similar to the windseeker lights anyway.

This is obviously from the manufacturer and since it's a new product the legitimacy of the claim is impossible to prove but I don't think the lights burning out is something that Cedar Point is concerned about in the near future.