TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^^That park's in Sweden, where people aren't idiots.

Regarding Wildcat, I wouldn't mind either way if it gets removed for a future project. It's never a must-ride for me on my visits, but it never makes me wish they were doing something more productive with its land, unlike the northern tip of the park. It just sits there quietly in its corner, plodding away.

Regarding Wildcat, I wouldn't mind either way if it gets removed for a future project. It's never a must-ride for me on my visits

I agree, many times when I go to Cedar Point I don't even glance at it when I pass by it. However, I did ride it this past Wednesday and it still is a fun, neat, little coaster.

We've been three times, and still haven't ridden it. We just can't justify waiting in line for it, especially when there's a random one in Frederick less than an hour away from us. And the line moves so very slow. We're kind of hoping it goes, just so we don't feel bad for skipping it anymore!

Sorry these are a little old, but working at cp=no internet access...

These are the purple train getting added to the track (still not put together/waiting on parts) and the box the catchcar was sent to Europe in...enjoy.

mms_picture(3).thumb.jpg.03ce0492cd7f3746ad78b3f30240ac25.jpg

Front

mms_picture(4).thumb.jpg.a5af46d101f238ab1c72a2c3fe7f55fc.jpg

mms_picture.thumb.jpg.2e932cb4814d655dd1eefa3165df37b5.jpg

Over the fence!

mms_picture(1).thumb.jpg.00763fbc05b52e30da9208d9e959657f.jpg

Not many people are aware the catchcar is nearly 25 feet long!

mms_picture(2).thumb.jpg.4c48966bc603ce99928fe0c41f84a414.jpg

Cedar Point tends to store a lot of coaster cars in the middle of Mean Streak, I'm guessing to work on them. When I went to the park on Memorial Day as well as June 8th, I noticed that in the middle of the coaster there was a car that looked just like one of Corkscrew's cars but it was yellow with a hint of purple (Corkscrew's train colors are red, white, and blue); I knew it wasn't from that coaster. I thought for a second and I realized that it could very well be from The Double Loop from Geauga Lake because its coaster cars were the same color. I'm not sure if it's still there but can anyone comfirm this?