TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I give it a week before the general public claims a test rider fell out and died.

I have been telling a joke to my friends and family, that the reason it is located right next to the beach is because when the people fall out they would just land in the water.

I give it a week before the general public claims a test rider fell out and died.

I have been telling a joke to my friends and family, that the reason it is located right next to the beach is because when the people fall out they would just land in the water.

At least that would be a nice soft (but cold) landing.

Wildcat crashes in station - no serious injuries....

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/sandusky/news/2011/jun/06/wildcat-crash-injures-seven-cp-visitors

Seven people suffered bumps and bruises, but no serious injuries after a Sunday night incident on Cedar Point's WildCat ride, a spokesman said Monday.

Four people were treated at the first aid station and another three were taken to Firelands Regional Medical Center as a precautionary measure. There they were treated and released, said park spokesman Robin Innes.

Cedar Point is investigating why one of the coaster cars ran into another car that had stopped at the station.

The ride has been shut down until Cedar Point can make sure it is safe again, he said, adding that inspectors from the state Department of Agriculture have been notified of the incident. That department oversees amusement park rides and ride safety.

Jeez! Again?? This is the second time since 2008 that this has happened. Granted, in 2008, the anti-rollbacks failed and a car rolled back down the lift hill into the station, which is a little different than this incident. Just taer it down and put in a used roller skater there!

(yes, I know Woodstock is a big roller skater)

. Just taer it down and put in a used roller skater there!

(yes, I know Woodstock is a big roller skater)

Sacrilige! Sacrilige!

It might be a Wildcat... but it's still an Anton Schwarzkopf gem. Tearing one down is worthy, in my humble opinion, of execution at the hands of 100 screaming babies with colic and gas.

Damn... we're going to CP this month in our Barcelona - USA trip. Last year happened the same to us with Expedition Ge Force. But everyone is fine and is not a major ride. It's something...

Edited by ciriliox

They should just replace Wildcat with one of these:

It's a coaster type the park doesn't have. It would be higher capacity than Wildcat. And it would give them TWO credits!

Edited by robbalvey

They should just replace Wildcat with one of these:

(3 Pictures of a double wild mouse)

It's a coaster type the park doesn't have. It would be higher capacity than Wildcat. And it would give them TWO credits!

As long as they run it Hersheypark-style! But if Dorneypark's Wild Mouse is any indication, it will be a crappy ride.

When I went back in 2008 it seemed like the cars bumped into each other quite a bit. I didn't notice it when I went last year. Is this a natural thing for this ride? It was between the unloading and loading station.

"I'm not going on Wildcat2. It isn't safe."

I don't think this should be as funny as it is to me, but I'm dying!

Cedar Point had some operational issues this weekend - 2+ Maverick rollbacks, TTD up and down constantly on Saturday, sometimes for 20 minutes every four trains, and now this. Maybe it's the sudden hot weather? Or maybe they recently repainted their brakes?

I'm throwing in my vote for two Zac-Spins.