TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

It looks great! Too bad in about 2 years, it'll look like the rest of the ride lighting in the park...

I really wish that they would maintain the ride lighting better. The lights on MF lift hill, the lights of top of Power Tower... it all needs to be taken care of!

-=CoasterBP

It looks great! Too bad in about 2 years, it'll look like the rest of the ride lighting in the park...

I really wish that they would maintain the ride lighting better. The lights on MF lift hill, the lights of top of Power Tower... it all needs to be taken care of!

-=CoasterBP

Yes! Nailed it!

I believe what s happening with Windseeker at Cedar Point is the seats are moving around too much in the air (apparently the seats are hitting into eachother somehow in the air). Did anyone else notice how they're adding what appears to be shock absorbers as a brace to the one at Canada's Wonderland? This may be the problem with CP's and considering how windy it can get by the lake, this could be a ride with a lot down time from wind.

Hey CP Fans, It's that time again!!

I have a Getaway Guide 2011 that I will not be able to put to good use. First person that PM's me "I want a Getaway Guide" has it. I guarantee it will be in the mail by Saturday! Good Luck!

^True as that may be, calling it in or getting on the website is not as FuN, not to mention those awesome coupons would end up going to the recycling bin because this Texas girl is nowhere near Ohio...

I'm headed to CP this tuesday, but I havent gone to the park since I became an avid enthusiast. So you guys, with your wealth of knowledge, have any tips for riding? Like which seat of which car, stuff like that. And any other CP tips are cool too!

Thanks

Coastermania Trip Report:

Extraordinary event especially for the price $0.00 for anyone with a coasterclub id (TPR), and a day pass or season pass. No upcharges!

Breaking Wind (aka: Windseeker) still not close to opening any time soon. Work was being done on it all day Friday and Saturday. I did see it complete cycle twice on Saturday at around 7PM. It really is a beautiful ride at night. No work today on Sunday as it's a day of rest I guess.

Friday evenings "social hour" was superb. The food was great free drinks and you could buy a beer for less than $4. That beer price was barely more than they charge for a Pepsi at the vending machines at the park . Did I say this was all free except for the booze??? They had 2 kinds of wings, meatballs, and something else I can't remember right now. Oh yea, baked potatoes with the fixins, veggies and fruit too.

After the social hour they had a "love fest" for "Big Dick" Kinzel. Of course I didn't participate, but was there. The man has truly done a lot for the park and the Cedar Fair name, but his time has long since past several years ago. Someone asked a question of him regarding bigger woodies. His response was (which I couldn't believe), with the current state of the art the tallest woodie that can be built and maintained was 80 feet! Many people said what about El Toro (of course I was wearing my E.T. shirt), but he just ignored them and moved on. Talk about being out of touch! The film festival was hilarious. You had to be there. If you were, you know what I'm talking about.

Friday night's ERT's were super, running as usual well past midnight (closer to 1am). I left at 12:20 since I was to be back on Saturday at 5:30 for the morning ERT. God knows I need my beauty sleep!

Saturday we had early morning ERT and evening ERT (which I didn't attend thanks to all the bugs - muckelheads and May flies). I wish there was a way to control them, but they do taste like chicken. Saturday's free lunch had hot dogs, ziti pasta, potato salad, and Hawaiian chicken. My only disappointment was no Toft's ice cream cups. That's been a tradition over the years.

I had a great time at the park for the weekend Friday -- today Sunday getting 116 rides in! Just a great time, and next year there will be no "Big Dick." That's worth looking forward to...