TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Okay so I just came back from spending the entire day at they park today. I got my Platinum pass process and got in the park 9:45, though Iron Dragon and Mantis were the only rides open for morning ERT. Today was also one of those high school physics days so it wasn't really empty for a weekday in May. But it would have been better if three of their top rides were open. The longest wait I had today was for Maverick at around 40 min. Though Dragster had a line that I think would have been over an hour especially since they were only loading 3 rows on each train.

Weather wise, it was a lot better than what I was expecting. There was light rain in the morning but pretty much stopped by 11, with a few sprinkles throughout the rest of the day. And it was pretty windy and cold all day.

Millennium, Magnum, Raptor, Gemini, and Maxair showed no signs of life whatsoever for the whole day. But oddly enough despite the high winds Dragster was running in the afternoon. Though they were only allowing people to sit in the front couple of rows and the trains were doing rollbacks at what seemed like every other launch. But unfortunately I wasn't able to get on it today.

In other news Monster was back up and running as normal. Gemini's train wasn't at the bottom of the drop. Iron Dragon, Mantis, Corkscrew, Mine Ride, and Mean Streak all had one train operations from what I saw. And as for Mean Streak, OMG whatever they did to it really worked. It is still rough but it was a lot better than I remember it being. The trims on the first hill were turned off and there was some pretty good puffs of airtime throughout the ride.

Overall it was actually a pretty good day. Despite Millennium, Raptor, and Magnum (my 3 most favorite rides in the park) were closed, I still did have fun. Most of the rides had little to no wait at all.

And here is my ride count for the day. I had accidentally left my Dramamine at home and I was too cheap to by more. So I decided to be conservative and relaxed on my coaster riding today to keep from me getting motion sickness. So I could have done a lot more than what I did for 10 hours at the park.

Iron Dragon x2

Mantis x1

Skyhawk x1

Cedar Creek Mine Ride x1

Maverick x1

Mean Streak x1

Corkscrew x1

Power Tower Drop x1

Power Tower Shot x1

Wicked Twister x2

Disaster Transport x1

Cedar Downs x1

Blue Streak x1

And BTW I would like to give a shout out to the TPR member that I rode Skyhawk with early in the morning. I believe Chris was your name.

I don't recall if anyone else mentioned this in particular detail, but I think Windseeker and the area surrounding it looks very nice as well. The ride has what is probably my favorite sign in the park, and I love how close one can get near it. The new beach gate looks very nice, as well. It's probably the nicest admission gate in the park now!

From Screamscape:

Park News - (5/19/11) Screamscape sources have a few items worth noting from Cedar Point’s opening weekend. First off, Ocean Motion is said to be hoping to open by Memorial Day weekend, if they can get it finished. MaXair is down due to some kind of motor issue, an the park is working with Huss to get it fixed ASAP. While a Memorial Day Weekend reopening isn’t likely to be possible (hasn’t been ruled out) chances are that it probably wont be ready to open until closer to June 5th.

Also, when you visit the park this year you may want to take some time to get a ride in on Calypso and the old Turnpike cars. From the sound of things, the park may have something unique in store for this area of the park coming up, and will need to make some room for it. Even the Cadillac Cars may have to have their route adjusted. If the rumors holds water, even the old Pirate dark ride building may need to be removed to make way. All said and done, this is clearing out a pretty large area of the park… so I’m dying to know just what may replace it. Stay tuned!

Hmmm...

Looking at an aerial shot of that area, there's not a whole ton that could go in there. However, if they tore out the Cedars Dorms, there would be a ton more room on the other side of the road (if they chose to go that way, which I would honestly doubt). After that, the Good Times Theater and Dodgems are on the other side of the Marina Gate, so it's really interesting to think what could go there. It's hard to believe that anything but a coaster would need that much land cleared, so we'll see. I've had a hunch for a while now that 2012 would be the year they get #18.

^I have had nightmares, and one of them included the wait for a Eurofighter at CP. Even if it had four trains, that's a max of 24 people every time all the trains cycle through. Seeing how it's at the front of the park, the end of the line would be somewhere around the middle of the parking lot if they built a Eurofighter there.

Wuhuuu, Cedar Point is (most likely) building a new coaster! ;D

And this time i will follow it closely, not like Maverick, i don't even think i was in to coasters there.

Hmm, my wiiiiiild guess would be a GCII woodie, and it has to be unique? Maybe a splashdown? in the habour?

Maybe Kinzel wants to go out with a bang! 2012 will mark 9 years since Cedar Point has really built anything *big* (sure Maverick was a decently-sized scale project, but in my opinion 105 feet isn't exactly humongous). I've had a feeling the past few years that something has been brewing, and Cedar Point might be itching to "go big" again (hi Six Flags). Can't wait!

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

Maybe Kinzel wants to go out with a bang. 2012 will mark 9 years since Cedar Point has really built anything *big* (sure Maverick was a decently-sized scale project, but in my opinion 105 feet isn't exactly humongous). I've had a feeling the past few years that something has been brewing, and Cedar Point might be itching to "go big" again (hi Six Flags). Can't wait!

We all know its that 500 foot wooden inverted launched coaster

Okay...I'm going to break my rules of going to CP in May...mainly because Saturday is supposed to be the only nice day of the month, plus I want to also see if the park sucks as bad as opening week. We were going to go to KI, but know they are calling for t-storms in the area Saturday and we don't want to drive seven hours for failure.

Also...I was wondering if anyone knows if the lines are going to be bad when the apocalypse happens and what time it's happening so I can make sure I am on TTD or MF????