TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I am sure they will make it look pretty and all, but I was under the impression that it was an outdoor counter service restaurant.

If I remember the prices from knotts, I believe they wanted around $8 for a hot dog.

I was actually not that impressed with Knott's Pinks. Other than pretty fast service, it did feel a bit pricy for hot dogs and the food wasn't all that great either.

Was it pricey compared to the rest of the food at CF parks, or pricey for fast food hot dogs?

I checked the menu online and I must say that it looks quite devilish!

Just wondering if the prices (for a theme park) are worth the guacamole, bacon, sauerkraut and other goodies on a hot dog? I love dogs with all kinds of toppings, so this sounds right up my alley.

Yeah, the prices are high, but I would rather pay $8 for something good than $8 for something that isn't (think cold chicken sandwich with equally cold fries). Considering there aren't many great food options at CP, this might work out well for the park with the caveat that it is good food?

Its really sad they can install massive rides over the winter (as they have in the past...with high winds, snow, etc) but cannot install a simple tower with some rotating seats.

As already said, it sounds like they went with a design that wasnt fully tested and now they will suffer the embarassment of not having yet another ride not open for opening day. I mean, really, I know its not THAT simple...but lets compare some other projects theyve completed over winter and you start to see that this is either a huge fail on CP or, a fail on manufacturer to have the rides ready to assemble, test and go.

The delay doesn't bother me, as I have a mindset of "it will open when it opens," but I still see where he's coming from and he makes a valid point. You don't need to be an engineer to know the differences in scale between this project and, say Top Thrill Dragster which opened on May 4, or Millennium Force which opened on May 13.

I think the main issue has been that the weather in Ohio has not been too kind for the last couple months. Record breaking amounts of rain have made it so there have been hardly any days without rain since the end of March. I'm going to assume that this ride isn't capable of being tested during storms just like many other taller rides and this probably had some sort of effect on the delay. Regardless of the reason though, it's unfortunate it isn't opening with the park. Hopefully the general public won't remember that Shoot The Rapids opened late as well as Maverick as this could hurt their reputation. I have faith it will open relatively soon once proper testing shows everything is fine, but this may disappoint the customers too lazy to check the website to see that it will be delayed.

^Technically, Maverick was completely finished and testing well before opening day. They figured out a snafu before they let any guests on it and had the issue fixed and ready to go in just over two weeks. I think they deserved to be commended for how well they handled a pretty crappy situation. The Shoot the Rapids situation just sucked, can't really fault anyone but manufacturers on that one. And with Windseeker, it's not like any of them have opened yet, so it's probably a combination of a lot of things. Regardless, the park never advertised that it would be ready on opening day, so there's no egg on their face with this one.

I mean look at it this way, it could have taken them over a year to construct a used Roller Skater, and they could have advertised that Windseeker was opening in May, only to have to be like, "whoops, lol, jk" and redo all the ads to say June.

^This is all true. The Maverick and Shoot the Rapids situations were unfortunate but I know when I went on physics day of 2007 my classmates were less than pleased Maverick wasn't open yet. I tried to tell them how quickly they were handling a situation that could have been a lot worse than it actually turned out to be, but to them the fact that it wasn't ready was enough to "ruin" (overdramatic, I know, but many said it) their trip to the Point. I just hope whatever setbacks they are having with the Windseekers will be figured out as quickly as possible so that those brave enough to ride can. This does not include myself

One must also take into account that while Windseeker may be "simple" compared to the undertaking that is say Dragster or Millennium, this ride didn't even go vertical until after the winter, whereas Dragster and such had their sites cleared and basic footers poured well before the park even closed for the season. Windseeker had its footing poured in late Jan and the ride didn't even show up until late Feb. So to act like they have done greater things in less time is just inaccurate. Perhaps they should have started earlier maybe they wanted to and couldn't who knows and quite frankly who cares, this will be a good ride for Cedar Point and it will open when it opens.

I just got this awesome cheap-o Groupon coupon for the jet ski! Unfortunately they need 5 more purchases to make it go though. I've always wanted to do it but $80 bucks is so not in my price range. They have a groupon for para sail too! I don't mean to sound like some kinda advertisement, but I am trying to spread the word so the coupon will go through. $40 for 30-Minute Waverunner Rental ($80 Value) or $42 for 10-Minute Parasail Ride ($85 Value) from North Coast Parasail & Jet Ski in Sandusky http://www.groupon.com/deals/north-coast-parasail?utm_campaign=UserReferral&utm_medium=email&utm_source=uu28306249 Go buy it then join me during CoasterMania!

I went to the park today :

Magnum was running incredibly well, insane airtime on nearly every hill. Mantis was flying as well, it was hard to believe how fast the first half of the ride goes now. Disaster Transport's already nonexistant theming is now completely dark. Windseeker looks very impressive in its new location. Blue Streak's trains got a complete rehab with new paint, seats, lap bars, and even the floor of the trains were now, it was running very well. Biggest improvement is without a doubt the Ocean Motion retheme, it looks great and I could not be happier with it. Chaos is now the third three point shootout area unfortunately and there were some odd circles in frontier trail by Thunder Canyon, I dont think that means anything but there were markings.

1011423072_newoceanmotion.jpg.4defc8f8b1577067da07c95609f6fc56.jpg

New Ocean Motion

So who were wearing the TPR Shirts in the Midway Eatery around noon? I was in front of you (with a friend wearing a Josh Cribbs Browns Jersey) Family of 3 or 4 I believe... Tall, goatee, on a cell phone I think I saw.

Edited by Real