TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Racism

GURZU

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most fun thing here on TPR is that you don't know if that guy with that username is black or hispanic or white. And see: there's no racism at all here. We're all happily and peacefully posting our stuff here togheter; noone is there to judge you on your appearance since they don't know it. And it works fine

Regarding the racism and english speaking: I know I don't speak English like the best, but at least I'm trying to be somewhat correct and understandable. It's not that people who don't speak/write english correct do this because they want to. Learning English is often difficult, esspacially since I also have to learn Dutch, French and some German. Not to mention I'll be learning Japanese as a fifth language.

Racism is alive and well pretty much everywhere.

I saw a program just last night on Hate Rock (discovery channel).

It was pretty interesting.

Many questions come to mind on this subject. My neighbors, mostly Latino's, Chinesse, Koreans ask why you can have a United negro college fund but not a Koreans for college fund? My neighbor, who's been an american citizen his entire life, has family from Korea. He was told he could not start such a Non-Profit Org because it would be racist, becuase it excludes all those who are not Korean. But doesn the UNCF do that as well?

There will always be racism, bigorty and general people-hate.

People of the same color can't even agree on religion, polictics or a host of other things.

I've worked with black people that rated each other based on the how black they in comparrison to toher blacks. (made no sense to me, but to them, it mattered big time...)

I guess Japan has not so many racisms but the hate for those

are special child and people is real horrible I think because I

am one of them. So I ever get said 'Looks you're crazy and

don't ride! Get out right now! I hate it when you're talking in

a funny voice' by someone in the queue for Big thunder. How

come I need to get discriminated just mine's voice sound is

funny? Good thing the States can understand me soon since I

have many good buds there.

Personally, I'm not racist in any way. One of my friends is really racist against Hispanics. He says he wants to kill them. I smack him upside the head every time he does stuff like that. I ask him why and he says, "They steal our jobs and come into the country illegally." They don't steal our jobs. They do the jobs we don't want to do. They help us. They just want a better life.That's how I'll end it. Guess how old I am.

Here in Spain there are some idiots who think the same of the Maghrebians, they think that they come to take the work from us, and I always say the same thing to them, " it sees you to doing the work that they do ".

The racists not that are thought ... superiors for having born in such a site? God, all we are equal! What more will give to be a white that black...

I am racist against people who don't speak good english.

You are unbelievable. Some of the crap you post on TPR is amazing. Did you not realize he is from Spain?? How well do you speak spanish??

Uhhh, don't you get it?

My teacher told us this thje other day.

There is no such thing as racism, as there are no such things as races

he's right. There is one human race. Living Humans.

My teacher told us this thje other day.

There is no such thing as racism, as there are no such things as races

he's right. There is one human race. Living Humans.

Ok, fine racism doesn't exist as there is only one race.

There is however prejiduce due to differences in nationality, skin colour, language spoken, etc etc.

However you define it, racism and prejiduce exits and will always exist.

The funny part of racism is: a persons educational background means nothing.

My sister has a Masters in communication and is going for her doctorit. She's worked the past 20+ years for a Steel companies. Republic, which was bought by LTV, which closed, and later reopened under a new company that has changed hands twice in two years.

She blames the Japs for this.... they build better/faster/cheaper. How is it their fault because upper level US company MGT would rather pocket money instead of improving the steel making process?

It wasn't a black that took your post, man... It was them honky poli, polit,

loolly pop stealin, baby's daddin', president guys that done took it.

I had a really long post for this thread, but a black guy stole it.

OMG i laught my ass off after reading that!

But seriously, racism is a big problem, especially here in Europe where most immigrants are Arabs, and the terrorist attacks in various countries the last few years don't exactly make them look good. And to add to that, there are a lot of young Muslim criminals and Muslim racists here to, wich doesn't exactly improve the situation. I have no problems with the people who actually come here to try and have a better life, these are often nice and friendly people, but i do with the criminals that come here and make our neighbourhoods an unsafe environment.

The feeling that someone is very diferrent from you is just normal, BUT the problem starts when people thinks they are better than others or feels that what is different is bad.

I am Jewish and living in Israel. Israel was built after the Halocaust during which 6 millions Jews (and many others too) were murdered just because they were different.

I was in Europe few times inthe past few years and Racisim is BAD BAD BAD. This time it is the Muslims who cause "problems" and many people just hate them. However, this is becoming a 2 way - the Muslims feel this racisim and they fight back.

There are massive amount of immigrants in Europe and the biggest probelms is that Europeans are not ready for it mentally nor the immigrants who came to Europe and facing a kind of culture shock.

The answer is education. People should be mixed together and live together.

The notion that people are different from each other is basic. But people should know to enjoy and celebrate the good in everyone. The American model should be brought to Europe as soon as possible. It is great to be whatever you are.

^ You obviously don't understand the problems with the Muslims in Europe.

I know most Muslims are honnest people that just want to improve their lives, but there are also a lot of criminals here who are just running from the law. This isn't just something Europeans think, but something even the honnest muslims agree on.

An other problem is that the more radical Muslims feel that they must do everything possible to convert europeans to their religion. In Belgium we even have a political party that wants to make Arabic an official language. These people want to take over this country and that is something we can't allow.

And the biggest problem (mostly to the Muslims themselves) is that the good, honnest Muslims don't show themselves in public much. This way is seems all Muslims are radicals and criminals, and the recent terrorist attacks didn't really help improve their image either.

I am not saying I hate Muslims, but I'm just showing how a few rotten apples can make their entire religion look bad.

^Yes that is exactely the point. When you see all the report of Muslims commiting suicide attacks because they do it in the name of Allah, then it's normal that people tend to reject that religion.

When the news reports of muslims stealing and attacking belgians reach us, then it's normal to say: muslims again.

9/11 made alot of people "against" the Islam

Etc etc.

It's like you say: a few rotten apples can make their entire religion look bad.

Yeah I think 5 year-old terrorism made lots of people

are against the Muslims too because the US people's

hate for its religion went out on the media. I guess the

US breaking out Iraq War is one of the main reason

why the problems been going on. Want to let it stop for

the good of all we people! President Bush should get

down to the problems. Hope he would give them safe

Arab's places so STOP the war. We need no soldiers.

Respect People And Be Good To Them

^As a friend of mine, who runs a local convience store said: We can't take no more Arabs over here (in the US). We got enough corner stores as it is! They bring them over and it'll be bad for business.

Keep in mind, my friend came to the US from Bagdad 12 years ago, became a US citizen and started his own store. He can't stand Iraqi's...

I guess Japan has not so many racisms but the hate for those

are special child and people is real horrible I think because I

am one of them. So I ever get said 'Looks you're crazy and

don't ride! Get out right now! I hate it when you're talking in

a funny voice' by someone in the queue for Big thunder. How

come I need to get discriminated just mine's voice sound is

funny? Good thing the States can understand me soon since I

have many good buds there.

Sorry, Satoshi-san, I think that Japan is one of the most xenophobic (the fear of outsiders) countries I've ever been to. (And I've been to 44 countries outside my native USA.) Yes, the younger generation is much more accepting of gaijin than the older generation, but a current of racism against ALL non-Japanese persons is still very much a reality in this country.

I love living here in Japan, but I do often feel that many older Japanese citizens I have met would like me to leave. My wife often tells me about how 'half' children are treated in the schools and workforce. When my wife and I have children, I'm not sure if I want them to be subject to that, so I'm not certain that I want to move here for the rest of my life after I get out of the Navy.

^As a friend of mine, who runs a local convience store said: We can't take no more Arabs over here (in the US). We got enough corner stores as it is! They bring them over and it'll be bad for business.

Keep in mind, my friend came to the US from Bagdad 12 years ago, became a US citizen and started his own store. He can't stand Iraqi's...

America has NO muslims when compared to France and the rest of Europe. I was amazed at how multi-racial Paris has turned over the years.

I love living here in Japan, but I do often feel that many older Japanese citizens I have met would like me to leave. My wife often tells me about how 'half' children are treated in the schools and workforce.

No offence to any Asians but I have heard about many cases of Asians discriminating against bi-racial Asians. Hines Ward for example. He was discrminated in Korea because he was half Black half Korean. It's still happening. Those poor kids. Being bullied isn't fun.